Gulf leaks

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Joseph-Lubnan: does it bother you that every person mentioned in these cables, the first defining characteristic is his sect.

Do you think that the Iranian cables, if/when leaked, would say: I met today with Salim al hos, a sunni man...

doesn't it bother you that your group bows down to these bedouins and their kingdom of darkness, while pretending it's the model school of governance?

I am not the spokesperson for Saudi or for the group you call "my group" :)

I have given my opinions on these leaks and I can shed some light on your questions but you guys seem to assume that I represent Haririst and Geagea and Saudi Arabia and whatever else... Lol

Of course I do not agree with or condone the sectarian approach in these leaks but I also accept this reality and it doesn't surprise me at all.

Iran is the flip side of this coin but like I said earlier it likely has a more subtle style and approach in how it buys influence or otherwise it overtly drives funds and arms its groups openly and without any scruples, like HA for example. The end result is similar.

These politicians groveling to Saudi are shameless and pathetic for sure. They would argue they have no other choice because Iran funds the other camp but their behavior is still reprehensible, but again that Saudi is funding them is no news. I happen to believe it is equally shameful for the camp funded by Iran regardless of how Iran does it, each side caters to the style and approach that these funding states require. Unfortunately for those relying on Saudi funding the Kingdom's style on such matters is unrefined to say the least. This is a PR disaster for them and M8 should exploit it.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Not sure why all the excitement and attacks on Joseph_lubnan! He is right, we all knew this was happening, it shouldn't surprise us... Ok sar fi written proof, we can use it as toilet paper.... Mafi min y7assib. And yes we know HA/Amal get money from Iran. The only thing that is worth concluding is that ma 7ada bi ghabbir 3ala sobbato all general! Wala Saudi leaks wali wiki leaks wala battikh

Thanks for the support walidos :) I appreciate a helping word here since I seem to be the only one who took a clear position in this thread aside from all the HA and FPM supporters. And yet you have people still attacking me just because I am the only one here it seems :) they just need to attack someone!

Booyakasha

Legendary Member
Thanks for the support walidos :) I appreciate a helping word here since I seem to be the only one who took a clear position in this thread aside from all the HA and FPM supporters. And yet you have people still attacking me just because I am the only one here it seems :) they just need to attack someone!

Aren't you the guy behind the female armpit hair trend as well?

Jorje

Legendary Member

To clarify, my post was meant to be sarcastic. If you're getting paid for posting here: niyyelak, show me the way.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@joseph_lubnan

I see you always try to downsize the treachery of M14 and co., by opposing to them a so-called "camp funded by Iran".

As far as everyone is concerned here, you included, there is no such thing as "camp funded by Iran". Bring proof of anyone asking Iran (or any other country) for money in exchange for his devoted prostitution and treachery, and we will all join you to spit on him.

But if you are trying to equate between the Saudi employees and the resistance, then don't bother. It will not work. And let me say it again in clear terms. The resistance is getting all kind of help from Iran, not just money (Actually money is really secondary), and we can all see and appreciate that this help is being used wisely and carefully in the war effort against Lebanon's enemies. The resistance movement and the resistance effort is a Lebanese choice. It would exist with or without anyone's help. But in war, help is always needed no matter if you're a movement or a State or a coalition of States. So any help that goes to the Resistance is welcomed as long as it is unconditional. We, as Lebanese, would be proud of any Nation or State or entity or person that would help us stand against Lebanon's sworn enemies. We do not hide the identity and merits of those who help us, unless they themselves chose to stay anonymous, as we have nothing to be ashamed of.

So again, if your intention is to equate between the resistance and these Saudi employees, just as you equated earlier between these Apes militiamen and weapons and the resistance weapons, you will fail as no one falls for such simplistic analogies.

And if you're excluding the Resistance, and just mentioning few people here or there, begging Iran for money in exchange for prostitution, then dare point at these people and bring the proof of their existence and acts, so we can all gladly spit on them, as we gladly spit on the Saudi employees.

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@joseph_lubnan

I see you always try to downsize the treachery of M14 and co., by opposing to them a so-called "camp funded by Iran".

As far as everyone is concerned here, you included, there is no such thing as "camp funded by Iran". Bring proof of anyone asking Iran (or any other country) for money in exchange for his devoted prostitution and treachery, and we will all join you to spit on him.

But if you are trying to equate between the Saudi employees and the resistance, then don't bother. It will not work. And let me say it again in clear terms. The resistance is getting all kind of help from Iran, not just money (Actually money is really secondary), and we can all see and appreciate that this help is being used wisely and carefully in the war effort against Lebanon's enemies. The resistance movement and the resistance effort is a Lebanese choice. It would exist with or without anyone's help. But in war, help is always needed no matter if you're a movement or a State or a coalition of States. So any help that goes to the Resistance is welcomed as long as it is unconditional. We, as Lebanese, would be proud of any Nation or State or entity or person that would help us stand against Lebanon's sworn enemies. We do not hide the identity and merits of those who help us, unless they themselves chose to stay anonymous, as we have nothing to be ashamed of.

So again, if your intention is to equate between the resistance and these Saudi employees, just as you equated earlier between these Apes militiamen and weapons and the resistance weapons, you will fail as no one falls for such simplistic analogies.

And if you're excluding the Resistance, and just mentioning few people here or there, begging Iran for money in exchange for prostitution, then dare point at these people and bring the proof of their existence and acts, so we can all gladly spit on them, as we gladly spit on the Saudi employees.
Saudi employees?? you mean Saudi *****es

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Does anyone have the leak about Solange and Nayla's request from Jarabia to send them few packs of bonbons in exchane for their devoted services?

Mikonos

@joseph_lubnan
because it is the truth, the problem is that Assange has become completely bankrupt, the relation between Saudi Arabia - Israel is not a secret and that's not due to the leaks but due to explicit cooperation against what is already clear to be the Iranian shi3a coalition

Jabhet el Nusra and before it FSA have released many videos, saying we will deal even with the devil to get rid of Bashar, yet 8 of march media still shows it as a YA 3AYBO campaign, while it is perfectly ok for Iranian axis to strike deals with the united states and for Iranian officials to say we saved israel 3 times in history and we won't attack israel

so please progress .... for heaven sake, we live today not yesterday, the situation today is both Saudi Arabia and Iran trying to win the patent to govern the middle east at the US patent registrar

nonsense

Legendary Member
Saudi Arabia, Propaganda and Control » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

June 22, 2015

An Erratic and Dangerous State

Saudi Arabia, Propaganda and Control

by BINOY KAMPMARK

“The Saudi Cables lift the lid on an increasingly erratic and secretive dictatorship that has not only celebrated its 100th beheading this year but which has also become a menace to its neighbours and itself.” – Julian Assange, Press statement, Jun 19, 2015

It is fitting that a state such as Saudi Arabia, deeply influential and ultimately destabilising, should be the subject of the latest WikiLeaks exploits. The transparency site is currently in the process of releasing upwards of 500,000 cables, the first batch of which were released on Friday. At this writing, some 61,000 are available.

The usual questions have been asked. How were the documents obtained to begin with? A floated suggestion is that they were gathered from a cyber attack on the Saudi Foreign Ministry initiated by the Yemen Cyber Army. (Yemen has a genuine gripe here, being the subject of Saudi military attack and blockade.) “As a matter of policy,” claimed WikiLeaks spokesperson Kristinn Hrafnsson to the Associated Press, “we’re not going to discuss the source of the material.”

The cables so far provide ample material on a range of media management tactics at work. Saudi interests are protected by their heavy influencing of representations about the Kingdom’s policies. Who, noted WikiLeaks, noticed that on Monday, the Kingdom was celebrating the beheading of its 100th prisoner this year? “Even international media was relatively mute about this milestone compared to what it might have been if it had concerned a different country. How does a story like this go unnoticed?” (WikiLeaks, Jun 19).[1]

The reasons lie in a range of approaches dealing with monitoring and co-opting outlets in Arab media, cultivating other sources of influence. Techniques of “neutralisation” and “containment” are employed, limiting the range and scope of coverage and encouraging outlets to either cover events in certain ways or refrain from them altogether. “Containment” involves a more direct approach, one of conciliation towards Riyadh and hostility to perceived anti-Saudi interests.

An example of the neutralisation policy is evident in a cable taking note of the Saudi Kingdom’s concerns about attitudes in Morocco, where the paper in question, Today’s News of Morocco, notes how “a number of the Emirates of the Arabian Gulf do not look favourably on the experience of [that country’s] openness to the Arab Spring”.[2]

Another cable notes various items of payment to a range of publications in Indonesia, with amounts ranging from $US3,000 to $10,000. There is talk about renewing the involvement of the Ministry of Culture and Information via massive subscriptions to newspapers such as Kompas and the Jakarta Post.[3]

The technique of purchasing subscriptions effectively makes the publication in question an annex, with Riyadh becoming a de facto investor expecting appropriate returns by way of favourable coverage. As WikiLeaks notes, one document outlines subscriptions requiring renewal by January 1, 2010, covering publications in Damascus, Abu Dhabi, Beirut, Amman, Kuwait and Nouakchott. “The Kingdom effectively buys reverse ‘shares’ in the media outlets, where cash ‘dividends’ flow the opposite way, from the shareholder to the media outlet. In return Saudi Arabia gets political ‘dividends’ – an obliging press.”[4]

When an obliging press cannot be obtained, other, more forward techniques are adopted. A Royal Decree of January 20, 2010 inspired the Saudi foreign minister to remove the Iranian Arabic service, Al-Alam, from Arabsat, the main Riyadh communications satellite operator. On failing to do so, efforts were made to limit the reach of the signal.

In the broader policy realm, there are documents covering Sunni suspicions of Shiite ambitions – the long held, intemperate rivalry between Riyadh and Teheran gets coverage, notably on the issue of Iran’s nuclear ambitious. Mistrust is bountiful. A 2012 note from the Saudi Arabian embassy in Teheran speaks of “flirting American messages” carried to Iran via an anonymous Turkish mediator (AP, Jun 19).[5]

Lurking in the documents is the overwhelming sense of anxiety at anything that might challenge the kingdom’s near totalitarian primacy. The regime churning events of the Arab Spring receive an unsurprising degree of concern, with a loss of authoritarian control, however briefly, in such states as Egypt. Public opinion, for instance, is treated as something that should be driven by a regime, rather than formed by the public. Strategies of funding were thereby hatched to combat such revolutionary tendencies in both Egypt and Tunisia.

For those trawling through the archives as they are, notes abound about regional power plays and a state terrified about prospects of reform from below. A Kingdom notorious for its secrecy is revealed in its range of operations, clandestine, extensive and expansive. The researcher and activist will no doubt be thrilled by this particular trove, even if its entire value will have to be appropriately assessed in due course.

Fittingly, the arrival of these documents comes a time when Julian Assange still remains in the Ecuadorean embassy in London. This period of detention, while legally perverse, has proven productive, and whatever might be said about the man, the material being provided continues to illuminate and startle. The transparency movement, in other words, continues to flutter.

Dr. Binoy Kampmark was a Commonwealth Scholar at Selwyn College, Cambridge. He lectures at RMIT University, Melbourne. Email: [email protected]

[1] The Saudi Cables

[2] The Saudi Cables

[3] The Saudi Cables

[4] The Saudi Cables

[5] http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

nonsense

Legendary Member
What in your opinion is the general level of coverage in the Lebanese media about this? I am away on travel, but from what I can see on webpages and on social media it is quite limited. That would be quite sad, even if some people are afraid.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
because it is the truth, the problem is that Assange has become completely bankrupt, the relation between Saudi Arabia - Israel is not a secret and that's not due to the leaks but due to explicit cooperation against what is already clear to be the Iranian shi3a coalition

Jabhet el Nusra and before it FSA have released many videos, saying we will deal even with the devil to get rid of Bashar, yet 8 of march media still shows it as a YA 3AYBO campaign, while it is perfectly ok for Iranian axis to strike deals with the united states and for Iranian officials to say we saved israel 3 times in history and we won't attack israel

so please progress .... for heaven sake, we live today not yesterday, the situation today is both Saudi Arabia and Iran trying to win the patent to govern the middle east at the US patent registrar

I'm always surprised to hear few people claiming that the wars we're enduring are Sunni-Shia wars or a war between KSA and Iran, while it is a well orchestrated series of wars by US and Co. against all powers who won't submit. And it just happens that Iran is one of them.

Halla2 for the Saudi Apes to believe it to be their holy war against Iran and Shia, that's understandable. They are primitives and nothing primitive from them ever surprises anyone.

But for educated people to build tales and theories on such narrow approach of this Global conflict, means they did not yet understand a thing of what's going on around them.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What in your opinion is the general level of coverage in the Lebanese media about this? I am away on travel, but from what I can see on webpages and on social media it is quite limited. That would be quite sad, even if some people are afraid.

I suppose that we need not to expect from the Saudi bought media to speak much about that matter. So it is fair to believe that the level of silence is proportional to the level of corruption.

Mikonos

I'm always surprised to hear few people claiming that the wars we're enduring are Sunni-Shia wars or a war between KSA and Iran, while it is a well orchestrated series of wars by US and Co. against all powers who won't submit. And it just happens that Iran is one of them.
as per your mentality you consider ISIS / JN / FSA to be a Saudi American tool ....well Saudi Arabia's relationship with the United States hasn't been a one of deviance .... so move that away from the picture and your reasoning in the above post becomes invalid. Why is the US bombing its own tool ?
Halla2 for the Saudi Apes to believe it to be their holy war against Iran and Shia, that's understandable. They are primitives and nothing primitive from them ever surprises anyone.
that;s contradicting to your first portion of the post .... you are trying so hard to picture Iran as a logical entity and Saudi Arabia and the Sunnis as a primitive entity .... well in this case shouldn't the logical entity be smart enough to realize the conspiracy ?
But for educated people to build tales and theories on such narrow approach of this Global conflict, means they did not yet understand a thing of what's going on around them.
very true and that's why educated people like Iran present themselves as a sacrifice for the United States plan of dividing the Muslim world and that's by fighting ISIS in Biji and Ramadi while allowing the US to butcher ISIS in Tal Abyad and the SAA in Qamishli and establish the new mini state

So much for strategical educated and logical thinking ... do you think after the division of the Arab World ... the US will spare Iran ?! .... I see people talking about the division of Turkey and being happy about it while thinking that the Missiles of Iran can protect it.

Mikonos

7ada byo2ta3 bi reze2to wou masdar 3aysho ?! .... what do you have .... or no what have you done so far ... to free the people from being enslaved to the money coming from Al Saud ?!

Both 8 and 14 of march and part of FPM is happy getting funds from Al Saud

Impera

@joseph_lubnan

Iran does buy influence through social, economic and political means. There are many Wikileaks cables that prove that.

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
as per your mentality you consider ISIS / JN / FSA to be a Saudi American tool ....well Saudi Arabia's relationship with the United States hasn't been a one of deviance .... so move that away from the picture and your reasoning in the above post becomes invalid. Why is the US bombing its own tool ?

US arms and bombs whomever, wherever and whenever it needs to arm or bomb .

that;s contradicting to your first portion of the post .... you are trying so hard to picture Iran as a logical entity and Saudi Arabia and the Sunnis as a primitive entity ....

Did I mention "The Sunnis"?

well in this case shouldn't the logical entity be smart enough to realize the conspiracy ?

Iran and others were left with no other option but to defend themselves from direct war and direct attack waged on them. Are you implying that they should not defend themselves in order not to exacerbate the Apes hate even more?...lol

very true and that's why educated people like Iran present themselves as a sacrifice for the United States plan of dividing the Muslim world and that's by fighting ISIS in Biji and Ramadi while allowing the US to butcher ISIS in Tal Abyad and the SAA in Qamishli

So much for strategical educated and logical thinking ... do you think after the division of the Arab World ... the US will spare Iran ?! .... I see people talking about the division of Turkey and being happy about it while thinking that the Missiles of Iran can protect it.

The US is not here to spare anyone. From this point forward, everyone organizes his defense against US attack the way he sees fit and within his capabilities.

Last edited: