• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gym (Bodybuilding)

Weezy

Today I went to the gym from 5 till 9! I don't know if this is healthy but sometimes in the gym you enter in the "zone" , serious weightlifters here will know what am talking about :p u just can't stop the flow.
Lightweight babyyyyyyyyy

What did u do for four hours in the gym? If you've spent most of it weight lifting, you are doing it wrong.

Fadi007

Are these supposed to be human beings?

i think Arnold in the 80s when he quit professional bodybuilding and went strictly to movies, hence he deflated a lot, in that time i think he had the best body ever a man can dream of, just watch Commando for an example...

anyway you're probably right when it comes to competition days , they both looks like freaks (to the normal eye) but one is less freaky than the other...

Fadi007

What did u do for four hours in the gym? If you've spent most of it weight lifting, you are doing it wrong.

2 hours weightlifting , 1 hour of abs , 1 hour cardio ... well some good rest from now and then of course.

aslan b7ess if you don't take proteins you will have no results, just hek betched jesmak chway and am not planning on taking any...

Reynold

2 hours weightlifting , 1 hour of abs , 1 hour cardio ... well some good rest from now and then of course.

aslan b7ess if you don't take proteins you will have no results, just hek betched jesmak chway and am not planning on taking any...

overtraining is not good. You don't need 1 hour for abs, and weightlifting should never be more than 1 hour or 90 minutes max, otherwise your body will lose testosterone.

I completely lost my sex drive at one point in my life when I was overtraining one summer, 5 hours a day, 6 days a week. When I reduced my workout things went back to normal.

Weezy

Two hours weight lifting? You're doing it wrong, it should take an hour maximum. Dont take good rests while lifting.

theMightyRedV

What Weezy said. 2 hours of weights is detrimental to muscle growth. You should be in and out of a training session in around an hour. 15 20 minutes cardio first and then 45 minutes weights. That's for weights sessions. It'll vary for dedicated cardio sessions.

Fadi007

i have a little problem lately , when i started weightlifting around 6 month ago i was about 80 kg , in the first 3 month or so i gained 6-7 kg of muscle , after that and till now my weight is the same! no improvement dono why this slowdown, maybe overtraining got anything to do with that ?

another questions ; how many times should a muscle group be trained in a week ? for example let say chest , should i do chest exercises once a week or twice ? or maybe more ... for optimal result i mean.

i heard twice a week is optimal way to go , how many sets for each time ? 3 by 3 or more ?

Fadi007

started doing treadmill lately, 3 times a week...

i lost 6 kg! and am not in it to lose weight am in it to gain muscle and reduce some fat, maybe it is from the summer heat

Fadi007

what is the best supplement (protein) for a beginner who never took nothing?

if i decided to start with something should i start with Whey Gold Standard? is it good ?

NMA

I am starting cycling classes soon, I am hoping I can go 6 times a week. is this healthy ? or it it too much ?

neutral

Legendary Member
started doing treadmill lately, 3 times a week...

i lost 6 kg! and am not in it to lose weight am in it to gain muscle and reduce some fat, maybe it is from the summer heat
losing weight is not a bad thing if changes in your body composition are happening at the same time. If you are losing fat and gaining muscle that is not a bad thing.
if your keresh is disappearing even though you are at the same weight, you must be doing something right :biggrin:

neutral

Legendary Member
I am starting cycling classes soon, I am hoping I can go 6 times a week. is this healthy ? or it it too much ?
I think you should start doing stationary bike for 6 times a week prior to cycling as spinning classes can be brutal. Been there done that :disli:

neutral

Legendary Member
what is the best supplement (protein) for a beginner who never took nothing?

if i decided to start with something should i start with Whey Gold Standard? is it good ?

start with the cheapest! You have a bigger chance to quit body building than to become the next Mr. Olympia, so why spend big $$$.

neutral

Legendary Member
a quick disclaimer: I am in bad shape myself that I should practice rather than preach :biggrin:

Fadi007

start with the cheapest! You have a bigger chance to quit body building than to become the next Mr. Olympia, so why spend big $$$.

well i don't want to get some rubbish protein, am not encouraged unless it is the best , and this looks like the best. cost around 130$ at GNC

neutral

Legendary Member
well i don't want to get some rubbish protein, am not encouraged unless it is the best , and this looks like the best. cost around 130$ at GNC
you know how many steaks and chicken breasts you can get for $130 :wink:

Fadi007

i stopped going to the gym for now for different reasons, a main reason is the heat in the summer ...
am planning on going back come September.

anyway, i was reading here and there about what's the best schedule and how much time should you spend in the gym, so i came with this schedule that i am seeking ur opinion on:

a 4 day per week schedule with saturday sunday and another midweek day as off days,

day 1 : back and biceps
day 2 : chest and triceps
day 3 : shoulders traps forearms
day 4: legs

cardio will be done once in a week for about 20-30 minutes keeping in mind that the goal is getting more muscle, abs twice a week randomly (on the days you feel u still have energy to do so)

supplements: Whey Gold Standard (the one i posted early on here) , one scoop post-workout only (that means 4 shakes a week) , donno if this enough...

ps: my workouts should be between 60 to 90 min max depending on how crowded the gym is and how boosted you are in that day.

keep in mind that i play soccer once a week and it will be in the midweek-off day...

so let me here ur opinions on this schedule guys, one more thing am lacking knowledge on is that this schedule will hit each muscle group once a week , is hitting a muscle group twice a week is better? or overtraining? thanks