• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gym (Bodybuilding)

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
Chest and triceps on the same day? Seriously?

A little tip, biceps and triceps are done on the same day for maximum results.

Fadi007

Chest and triceps on the same day? Seriously?

A little tip, biceps and triceps are done on the same day for maximum results.

a major muscle group (chest, back, legs) should be done with a minor muscle group in the same day (triceps, biceps...) , but since ur triceps are hit with bench presses so it is recommended that you do it in the same day, if not you can switch between biceps and triceps...

Shev

I have been going to the gym for sometime and ive been constantly going for 6 days a week. I have my schedule divided into 3 days which i do twice a week. every session, I either start with 12-20 min cardio (spinning or treadmill or elliptic) or I simply walk to and from the gym (20 min walk each direction). first day, I work on abs and legs; 2nd day on biceps, chest and shoulders; 3rd day on triceps and back and I repeat for another 3 days and the 7th day is rest. I do squats almost everyday. I usually do 2 12 sets for each exercise but I got the idea of 3 8 sets from here and Im going to try as soon as I leave lebanon :biggrin:

... and teh girls in my gym are very fit and good looking... that's why I go 6 times a week looool

Reactions: a59

Fadi007

I have been going to the gym for sometime and ive been constantly going for 6 days a week. I have my schedule divided into 3 days which i do twice a week. every session, I either start with 12-20 min cardio (spinning or treadmill or elliptic) or I simply walk to and from the gym (20 min walk each direction). first day, I work on abs and legs; 2nd day on biceps, chest and shoulders; 3rd day on triceps and back and I repeat for another 3 days and the 7th day is rest. I do squats almost everyday. I usually do 2 12 sets for each exercise but I got the idea of 3 8 sets from here and Im going to try as soon as I leave lebanon :biggrin:

... and teh girls in my gym are very fit and good looking... that's why I go 6 times a week looool

am not that expert but ain't that overtraining?

Shev

i don't feel exhausted after the workout (~40 min each session) and I was doing this for almost 2 months before I went on vacation.

neutral

Legendary Member

Shev sayer daghit :biggrin:

Fadi007

i don't feel exhausted after the workout (~40 min each session) and I was doing this for almost 2 months before I went on vacation.

did you find any unusual progress?

well 6 days is impossible for almost everyone with work and sh*t... 4 days is what i can do best...

neutral

Legendary Member
i stopped going to the gym for now for different reasons, a main reason is the heat in the summer ...
am planning on going back come September.

anyway, i was reading here and there about what's the best schedule and how much time should you spend in the gym, so i came with this schedule that i am seeking ur opinion on:

a 4 day per week schedule with saturday sunday and another midweek day as off days,

day 1 : back and biceps
day 2 : chest and triceps
day 3 : shoulders traps forearms
day 4: legs

cardio will be done once in a week for about 20-30 minutes keeping in mind that the goal is getting more muscle, abs twice a week randomly (on the days you feel u still have energy to do so)

supplements: Whey Gold Standard (the one i posted early on here) , one scoop post-workout only (that means 4 shakes a week) , donno if this enough...

ps: my workouts should be between 60 to 90 min max depending on how crowded the gym is and how boosted you are in that day.

keep in mind that i play soccer once a week and it will be in the midweek-off day...

so let me here ur opinions on this schedule guys, one more thing am lacking knowledge on is that this schedule will hit each muscle group once a week , is hitting a muscle group twice a week is better? or overtraining? thanks
somebody is a visionary: http://www.oroom.org/forum/showthread.php?47495-Gym-(Bodybuilding)&p=1412464&viewfull=1#post1412464

Shev

there's progress but not an unusual one. one thing i noticed is that im sleeping more than the usual, nothing more.

Fadi007

been watching "Joe Weider's Bodybuilding Training System" , great tapes! (yes tapes , a little outdated , 1991) , i recommend anyone to get the torrent, a very informative videos and the material is given by top bodybuilders . Btw Joe Weider is a very charismatic guy with a great voice , he gives you the feel that his tapes are out of this world lol . get them.

Fadi007

what is a good pre-workout supplement to get some energy in the gym ? anyone has some experience with this ?

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
what is a good pre-workout supplement to get some energy in the gym ? anyone has some experience with this ?

hexapro ( proteine shake) i take it twice a day. in the morning and directly after gym.
aminocore ( vitamine) you take it while doing workout. it boosts your muscle growth.

Fadi007

hexapro ( proteine shake) i take it twice a day. in the morning and directly after gym.
aminocore ( vitamine) you take it while doing workout. it boosts your muscle growth.

am not familiar with those? don't sound like preworkout sups.
well the ones that looks like the best are : White Flood , Jack3d , Craze , Muscle pharm assault...

anyone has any experience with any of those ?

Fadi007

back to GYM, after a 2 month of layoff , lost up 10 kg in them! now i want to put back some muscle mass ma bi sir :p

ok am following a 4 day routine , not more than 1 hour in the gym :

day 1 : back, triceps, abs
day 2: chest, biceps, cardio
day 3: delts, traps, forearms, abs
day 4: legs , cardio

supplement : whey gold standard .

let's see how this program will result.

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
back to GYM, after a 2 month of layoff , lost up 10 kg in them! now i want to put back some muscle mass ma bi sir :p

ok am following a 4 day routine , not more than 1 hour in the gym :

day 1 : back, triceps, abs
day 2: chest, biceps, cardio
day 3: delts, traps, forearms, abs
day 4: legs , cardio

supplement : whey gold standard .

let's see how this program will result.

I'm gonna start myself.
How should I apply a 3 day routine instead of 4?
And what will happen if I don't take such supplement?

Fadi007

I'm gonna start myself.
How should I apply a 3 day routine instead of 4?
And what will happen if I don't take such supplement?

the key is to train a big muscle group (back, chest , legs) with a small muscle group in the same day.
a good 3 day split will be like:

day 1 : back , shoulders
day 2: chest , biceps
day 3 : legs, triceps

whey gold standard is gonna boost your muscles faster , you can do without it of course.

BOILER

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
the key is to train a big muscle group (back, chest , legs) with a small muscle group in the same day.
a good 3 day split will be like:

day 1 : back , shoulders
day 2: chest , biceps
day 3 : legs, triceps

whey gold standard is gonna boost your muscles faster , you can do without it of course.

According to the link above, Training Each Muscle Group Once Per Week is useless especially for starters.

neutral

Legendary Member
According to the link above, Training Each Muscle Group Once Per Week is useless especially for starters.
I agree with the link, and I think for beginners, his 3 times a week full body workout is what is needed to build up strength and stamina. Your body needs to adjust to the grind of weight training, and once you are in good shape, then you will get the best results by training each muscle group twice a week (6 day weekly schedule). at the beginning, combined exercises such as squats, dips... can be very beneficial because they train multiple muscle groups at once. Once you start training each muscle group twice a week, you would need to vary your exercises every 4-8 weeks so that your muscles do not get used to the exercises.