• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Gym (Bodybuilding)

Dalzi

Legendary Member
Looks like ur program is set out pretty well. My only query is the 40min of cardio. That seems excessive unless ur doing a cardio session alone. Try and keep your whole session to 45 minutes max if u can. Shortening cardio to say 15-20 min before or after ur sesh works well. As for the keresh, I can relate to that lol, but do ab training regardless of the karoosh! U can have a keresh but a solid core from abs training so don't hold back. Good luck :takdir: oh, and the best way to lose the keresh is high intensity explosive training!
The keresh comes with marriage :tongue: lol My friend and his wife are both in the 7th month of pregnancy.

I agree that shortening the cardio sessions is better for building muscle. Ab training strengthens the muscles under the keresh so that عندما تنجلي الغيوم تشرق الشمس :biggrin:

Kasparov

Orange Room Supporter
Since this thread is active again, I started going to the gym 2 weeks ago, 5 days per week (I feel like shit for skipping yesterday)

I am starting to lose motivation since I have a feeling that I am not doing anything right, I am more interested in practical strength that's going to help me run, jump, twist and punch (you get the idea). I am really not interested in the mirror. Explosiveness, agility, speed and being fit/lean are my priorities.

I just started to know what a bench press means etc ... so I don't have a clue about weight lifting and cardio and how everything works until just recently and I still have a lot to learn.

Here is what my typical program looks like:

Monday: Chest + Cardio 40 minutes

Tuesday: Back + Cardio 40 minutes

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Biceps/Triceps + Cardio 40 minutes

Friday: Shoulders + Cardio 40 minutes

Saturday: Legs

Sunday: Off

What do you think ? Is it good for a beginner ? My cardio consists of intervals, not high intensity though. I was told not to do abs until I lose my small "kerech" ? I have to lose some fat too of course, I am 181 CM , 80 KG.

I am open to protein shakes once a day, should I take fish oil too ?

Last thing, is it normal that I am barely able to lift with my left hand ? It seems very weak, I feel like a sissy lol.

Thanks for the help guys :rockon:

If your goal is to increase strength & loose fat you need to change the above program, and include core compound movements especially the deadlift. Your rep range should not exceed 5-8 if your aim is to be stronger, go for maximum weights and use progressive overload, i.e try every time you go to the gym to lift more than the session before, keep a log book (I use an iphone App for that). Remembers also that diet is what makes you loose fat, and you are right do not Abs its useless now, instead focus on movements that strengthen your core (again, Deadlift is key), check out my earlier post about a simple beginner strength program or simply google Mark Rippetoe for a solid begginer regime.

Applepie

Thanks for all the advice !
Instead of the 40 min cardio, should I start doing HIIT for let's say 15-20 minutes ? Is that good enough to burn fat but not to lose muscle ? How should my intervals look like ? I prefer to do my cardio after the strength training.

theMightyRedV

The keresh comes with marriage :tongue: lol My friend and his wife are both in the 7th month of pregnancy.

I agree that shortening the cardio sessions is better for building muscle. Ab training strengthens the muscles under the keresh so that عندما تنجلي الغيوم تشرق الشمس :biggrin:
10000%. I can totally relate to ur friend lol.

Lol @ ... عندما تنجلي الغيوم don't ask why but the 3indama made me read it in the Sayyid Hassan voice lol

theMightyRedV

Instead of the 40 min cardio, should I start doing HIIT for let's say 15-20 minutes ? Is that good enough to burn fat but not to lose muscle ? How should my intervals look like ? I prefer to do my cardio after the strength training.
Nah do ur regular cardio say cross trainer or rowing or bike for the 10-20min before or after. I'd do HIIT as a separate training sesh altogether.

Kasparov

Orange Room Supporter

There is no such thing as losing fat without losing muscle.

Dynamite Joe

Supplements :

For enegry nothing beats Creatine, its health benefits are countless.

Never use Whey protien, too much cholesterol, search for any protein with low cholesterol (hydrodized or soy), remember to grow you need 1.5-2 grams of protien per pound of weight, if you use whey you will for sure damage your body, eat clean !

Also supplement with multivitamins once a week, omega 3 once a day, and creatine !

Prolonged use of creatine is not so hot either for the liver. Unless someone is shooting purely for mass, food proteins is the best bet. I used to be on whey a few years back and bulked up pretty fast, but I felt unhealthy even though I was doing heavier weights than ever. If it wasn't for injuring my back on dead lifts and tearing tendons in my wrist doing bicep curls, I would have still been damaging my internal organs with that stuff.

Anyone out there doing the heavy stuff, make sure you get your posture right before increasing weight. You can get away with bad posture on light weights, but when you get to the heavy stuff, something is bound to give way, and in a bad way.

Kasparov

Orange Room Supporter
Prolonged use of creatine is not so hot either for the liver. Unless someone is shooting purely for mass, food proteins is the best bet. I used to be on whey a few years back and bulked up pretty fast, but I felt unhealthy even though I was doing heavier weights than ever. If it wasn't for injuring my back on dead lifts and tearing tendons in my wrist doing bicep curls, I would have still been damaging my internal organs with that stuff.

Anyone out there doing the heavy stuff, make sure you get your posture right before increasing weight. You can get away with bad posture on light weights, but when you get to the heavy stuff, something is bound to give way, and in a bad way.

Correct form is one of the pillars of body building, never go heavy weight before getting the right form especially for compound movements, a good way is to let someone take a video of you while performing the movement and post it on some pro fitness forums, unfortunately I do not trust trainers in gyms especially when I see people with huge upper body & chicken legs.

Dynamite Joe

Correct form is one of the pillars of body building, never go heavy weight before getting the right form especially for compound movements, a good way is to let someone take a video of you while performing the movement and post it on some pro fitness forums, unfortunately I do not trust trainers in gyms especially when I see people with huge upper body & chicken legs.

The gym I used to go to was full of chicken legs. One of the trainers actually had silicon implants in his calves because he could never grow big muscles there.

Dalzi

Legendary Member
The gym I used to go to was full of chicken legs. One of the trainers actually had silicon implants in his calves because he could never grow big muscles there.
Do they not remind you of birds? ... a dark arrogant one in particular?

Fadi007

anyone tried Pro Complex protein ?

NeutralMod

I am new to this Gym thing, i've been training for 2-3 months , i don't want to take any supplements (protein) just want to get a little shape. now if someone is experienced here can help me and give me some hints.

i go to gym 3 times a week , day 1 : chest and biceps , day 2 : shoulders and triceps , day 3 : back and legs ( in all 3 days i do some abs exercises) , what is the ideal time to be spent in the gym ? more is less ? is cardio necessary ? because am not doing any cardio but i've heard that cardio is better for abs than the normal abs exercises... how many reps and sets for each muscle , is it true that squats and deadlifts are great for beginners to make them go stronger ?

anyway a lot of questions lol am not aiming to be Arnold but if you ask me what is your goal or ideal body i give examples in Brad Pitt in Troy or Ryan Reynolds in "Buying the cow" .

Rest 1 day between chess/bicep and shoulder triceps day or at least work another muscle group because you are using similar muscles training those 2 groups.
Do 15-20 mins HIIT cardio 3 times a week, this burns fat but doesn't burn muscle.
Protein supplement is necessary, so is eating the right foods, exercising is only 20% of the work, the rest is what you eat, calculate your micros and macros and be sure to always hit them.

NeutralMod

what is the best routine to add mass ( muscle mass) , am struggling in this department .

You are not eating correctly.

Make sure you eat at least 6 times a day, find out your daily protein need (1g/bodyweight if you don't train much, 1.2-1.5 if you exercise hard) and divide them by 6 to get how much protein you need every meal.

DLT

Orange Room Supporter
what is the best routine to add mass ( muscle mass) , am struggling in this department .

I'm not sure about the routine, but with it you should take Mutant mass
Here is more information about it.
http://www.supplementscanada.com/mass_mutant_17_lb.html

"Every serving of Mutant Mass delivers 52 grams of muscle-building protein featuring the Mutant Pro Multi-Staged 10 Protein Matrix. The unique protein matrix found in Mutant Mass supplies the body with 10 complete protein sources, which provides an immediate and long-lasting increase in protein synthesis! When you combine the powerful protein matrix with the other key anabolic nutrients found in Mutant Mass, you have the ultimate formula for rapid gains in rock-hard mass!"

Fadi007

i am about 85 KG now , lets say i took 2 scoops of protein per day , that's approximately 50G of proteins , how many Grams more do i need per day ?

Fadi007

guys i should get back to gym, what supplements should i buy?

am not asking if i should buy or not, i WANT to buy, so please some help from the experts...

PS: i don't want to spend a fortune...