HA and the legacy of suicide bombings

Do you consider the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing a terrorist act?

• Yes

• No

• I Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The whole region was already entrenched in violence before Muhammad was even born.
Yes, but Moe was an avant-gardist in the sense that he was the first to justify the use of force to spread "God's religion".
He was the 7th century's Osama bin Laden.

• Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Many native Levantines became Muslim by force due to the Muslim conquest of the Levant (الفتح الإسلامي للشام) which occurred from 634 to 638.
    The Christians embraced Christianity out of personal will. The missionaries didn't come on horses with swords in their hands.

Islam and violence have long been intertwined ever since Mohamed (may he rot in hell) set out from Arabia to spread his evil cult.
    Yet there is not much evidence of what you say!
    When the Arab conquered rest of the region they didn't force people to change their faith actually unbiased western historians would say how Islam spread so fast over such vast region is a mystery but hey you are free to believe whatever you want!

Muhammad the man you hate so much managed to unite all Arab tribes in the region which also baffle historian of this great achievement at the time!

Give where due is due and do not always act on your obsession and hatred :)

Now sure many became Muslims as they saw more advantage in becoming Muslims at the time but this do not answer the question to how all this happened!

Anyway do you want to talk about the Futahat that happened 1400 years ago or about the great 1983 Attack against the aggressors on our region?
    I mean don't get me wrong both are interesting subjects :)

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Yes, but Moe was an avant-gardist in the sense that he was the first to justify the use of force to spread "God's religion".
    I don't think you even believe what you say yourself here!

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What happened on that day is a badge of honor for all natives of this region unless u re a traitor or ignorant about what actually happened on that day!

And this is coming from someone who dislike the so called Hezbollah and Iran and see in Iran more of a tool being used by the enemies (USA & Co) to keep the Arab World and the Muslim World weak, divide and under their control!
    To set the record straight, these soldiers where in Lebanon at the request of the Lebanese governement. Unlike the Syrian occupying forces, the French, Brits, Americans or Italians never bombed Lebanese civilians or attempted to take control of the country. They were trying to support a fledgling government... attacking them was an unprovoked act of war by people controlled and guided by foreign powers that wanted to topple the government and take control of the country

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Exactly, that's why Christian societies became evolved, while Muslims still live in the 7th century. Violence is a natural and integral part of their cult.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't think you even believe what you say yourself here!

Oh, I do, I do... If only Obama existed in the 7th century to take down this horrible criminal in a prophet's disguise.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The whole region was already entrenched in violence before Muhammad was even born.
    Like anywhere else in the world at the time, people were fighting for more territories. Muhammad was the first to use a 'religion' to justify the violent conquests of more territories. Or do you really think a Christian Levant, Iraq and Egypt, a Zoroastrian Iran, a Jewish Yemen and a Pagan Arabia would be in the state they are today, when all their recent wars had EVERYTHING to do with Islam.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Agree Manifesto. I too wish they stayed home. They’d still be alive. Instead they died for nothing and killed some Lebanese along the way.

American soldiers sleep but so do Syrian, Israeli, PLO soldiers. All humans sleep. Happy to know you’re dignified enough not to attack your enemy’s soldiers while they’re sleeping. If you were in war they’d probably attack you while you were sleeping tho.

PS, go see what your “honorable soldiers” did to Fallujah, what they did to Vietnam. Even a lot of Americans won’t romanticize them. There are great people who become American soldiers, but then they are beholden to the orders of the US gov’t and their being great people no longer matters.
    Unlike Syrians, Israelies or Palestinians, these soldiers never bombed, tortured or attacked civilians in Lebanon. They never tried to take control of the country. Your comparisons don’t hold... this was an unprovoked act of war. It was guided by foreign powers with the objective of overthrowing the government.

zero

zero

Like anywhere else in the world at the time, people were fighting for more territories. Muhammad was the first to use a 'religion' to justify the violent conquests of more territories. Or do you really think a Christian Levant, Iraq and Egypt, a Zoroastrian Iran, a Jewish Yemen and a Pagan Arabia would be in the state they are today, when all their recent wars had EVERYTHING to do with Islam.
    False, at that time there were already christians that bore the cross on their shields fighting in the name of Christianity.

You know what, as a self-proclaimed canaanite, I would like you all to GTFO of Lebanon. It is not for Christians or Muslims. It is mine and only mine. Praise the gods.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    To set the record straight, these soldiers where in Lebanon at the request of the Lebanese governement. Unlike the Syrian occupying forces, the French, Brits, Americans or Italians never bombed Lebanese civilians or attempted to take control of the country. They were trying to support a fledgling government... attacking them was an unprovoked act of war by people controlled and guided by foreign powers that wanted to topple the government and take control of the country
    The Lebanese government is as it always was 3abd ma2mour! The Lebanese government allowed the Syrian occupation in Lebanon and I don't recall anyone officially saying anything against the Syrians occupation until at least 1988.

Also you seems to forget about what happened in Sabra and Shatila 1982 when the so called Peacekeeper forces wouldn't allow the invasion of west Beirut as agreed between all parts and with assurances from them yet the allies of the so called peacekeepers invaded west Beirut and carried out their well known ugly crimes against women and children!

These multinational forces you speak of actually bombarded West Beirut more than one time and caused huge destruction and casualties due to their heavy bombardment.. you probably didn't live in West Beirut so it easy to say "their occupation was legal"

And with all honestly I don't give a shit whether the so called Lebanese government did request it and I don't think the Lebanese had the power to request anything!

If Bachir wasn't assassinated he would have legalised the Israel occupation officially as well so whatever the request were nothing justifies an occupation whether the government legalize it or not!

What happened was an act of resistance actually this is the true glory day of the resistance's history by killing so many of the aggressors and forcing them to run away while their tail is between their legs.. this is something to truly remember for many generations!

This is a war and this war is regional not because we wanted it to be but because the aggressors wanted it to be regional and today they made it global! We are simply dealing with a nation who only strives on wars they managed to build bases all over the world yet the ones in much weaker positions are being blamed for this crazy war!

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The Lebanese government is as it always was 3abd ma2mour! The Lebanese government allowed the Syrian occupation in Lebanon and I don't recall anyone officially saying anything against the Syrians occupation until at least 1988.

Also you seems to forget about what happened in Sabra and Shatila 1982 when the so called Peacekeeper forces wouldn't allow the invasion of west Beirut as agreed between all parts and with assurances from them yet the allies of the so called peacekeepers invaded west Beirut and carried out their well known ugly crimes against women and children!

These multinational forces you speak of actually bombarded West Beirut more than one time and caused huge destruction and casualties due to their heavy bombardment.. you probably didn't live in West Beirut so it easy to say "their occupation was legal"

And with all honestly I don't give a shit whether the so called Lebanese government did request it and I don't think the Lebanese had the power to request anything!

If Bachir wasn't assassinated he would have legalised the Israel occupation officially as well so whatever the request were nothing justifies an occupation whether the government legalize it or not!

What happened was an act of resistance actually this is the true glory day of the resistance's history by killing so many of the aggressors and forcing them to run away while their tail is between their legs.. this is something to truly remember for many generations!

This is a war and this war is regional not because we wanted it to be but because the aggressors wanted it to be regional and today they made it global! We are simply dealing with a nation who only strives on wars they managed to build bases all over the world yet the ones in much weaker positions are being blamed for this crazy war!

There you go guys, typical Arab Muslim mentality.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's unfortunate that we didn't pursue peace with Israel, our only democratic neighbor.
    Ever since Israel left Lebanon, it has only targeted Hizbullah-controlled areas (only).
    Their aim has never been to occupy Lebanon but to curb PLO and jihadist attacks on its borders.

Hizbullah benefits from being in a constant state of war with Israel. Its existence heavily relies on war,
    to the extent that, in the absence of Israeli threats, Hizbullah will go inside Israel and kidnap soldiers in order to spark war.

Egypt and Jordan both signed peace treaties with Israel and they don't need any form of "armed resistance" to keep Israel at bay.

Last edited:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

It's unfortunate that we didn't pursue peace with Israel, our only democratic neighbor.
    Ever since Israel left Lebanon, it has only targeted Hizbullah-controlled areas (only).
    Their aim has never been to occupy Lebanon but to curb PLO and jihadist attacks on its borders.

Hizbullah benefits from being in a constant state of war with Israel. Its existence heavily relies on war,
    to the extent that, in the absence of Israeli threats, Hizbullah will go inside Israel and kidnap soldiers in order to spark war.

Egypt and Jordan both signed peace treaties with Israel and they don't need any form of "armed resistance" to keep Israel at bay.
    Honestly, it would've been better if Israel never left South Lebanon and perhaps even created some settlements there. Just look how despite everything Israeli-'occupied' West Bank has the best quality of life in the Arab world, now compare it to Gaza.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So it's official. The majority of Oroomers think Hezbollah committed a terrorist act (hence, is a terrorist organization).

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

I’ll choose to believe you.

Do you think some compatriots with a Rachel Corrie mindset would blow themselves up on some busy road in the middle of some city?
    Corrie akid bsawedlna wjna bayn l ajeneb
    only a wahabi would do something like that