Happy 76 Independence day.

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Were we really ...meaning really ever independent? (because i know how this thread will turn might aswell drop this now)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Were we really ...meaning really ever independent? (because i know how this thread will turn might aswell drop this now)
    inthink from 46 till the 48 war we were pretty independent.

nobody cared abt the region at that point

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    I can't remember the last time morale across the country was this low.

Happy independence day, Lebanon. You deserve much better. I hope we still have a chance to redeem ourselves and put you back on your feet some day.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The French never occupied Lebanon, they were welcomed and invited by the Mount Lebanon Christian population who saw them as protectors. The French were the ones who came with the concept of Lebanon as a safehaven for Christians and helped to build the country. If it was not for them Lebanon would be part of Syria today. Unfortunately, the Maronite Patriarch didn't listen to the French's advices against incorporating largely Muslim areas and creating 'Greater Lebanon', the biggest mistake in Lebabon's history.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    The French never occupied Lebanon, they were welcomed and invited by the Mount Lebanon Christian population who saw them as protectors. The French were the ones who came with the concept of Lebanon as a safehaven for Christians and helped to build the country. If it was not for them Lebanon would be part of Syria today. Unfortunately, the Maronite Patriarch didn't listen to the French's advices against incorporating largely Muslim areas and creating 'Greater Lebanon', the biggest mistake in Lebabon's history.
    What is the purpose of this post really?. In this thread.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Come on, Jo. What's the point of opening a thread if not to spark debate?
    Hayda manno salon la netla2a taheneh bi 3eed el este2lel.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

That Christians never opposed the French and never saw them as occupiers. There was no struggle for the so-called independence. The French agreed to leave because they believed the Christians could continue developing the country, which did happen for a few decades.

But the burden of the newly annexed Muslim population was simply too much. If one think about it, it was practically a miracle what the Christians did for this country in the post independence and pre-war period, with a nearly 50% Muslim population at the time.

zero

zero

I hope one day will come where we can truly celebrate. One day when we are free from foreign interference. Where we dont have politicians tied to the US, and a militia that serves Iran. One day we will all celebrate our true independence with pride.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Can the French Mandate return so the French can civilize us?

Reactions: DLT