Thawra # Furoshima

Rafic Harriri rebuilt the
- downtown
- electricity ( 24/24 h in 1998 )
- telecom
- Roads
- Airport
- Hospitals
His death a national holiday paved the way for the Syrians to leave Lebanon, he worked with Chiraq to pass resolutions 1559, he supported resistance against Israel ( 1993, 1996 wars which paved the way to liberate Lebanon)
- on the negative side he covered Syrians occupation for a period of time , he was probably corrupted, he made the naturalization decree ( at least he did for his community; Aounists were not able to give Lebanese nationality back to a lot of people. he supported electoral law not in Christians interest.
He left a debt of 37 billion dollars in 2005 with Emile Lahoud but he saved Lebanon economy twice in Paris 1 and Paris 2.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

I voted he rebuilt Lebanon after Aoun destroyed it in late 80s
    We are still using Harriri infrastructure
    I remember people will laugh because Beirut airport was built to have 8 millions passengers
    We passed that number
    Aoun and Bassil are Pygmies compared to Rafic Harriri
    True he has big mistakes but at least he delivered being a force of nature
    @Resign
    @!Aoune32

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    Harriri was a failure. Lebanon should have been rebuilt ground up through economic independence and not through high bank interest rates and paying debt with more debt. But Harriri was a Saudi agent against Lebanon's interests who was seeking to Islamize the country through loan money.

Aoun is a failure. Aounists don't have an economic policy to begin with. And are people who always fail and change nothing but think they're accomplishing something. It's not clear whether they are fiscally conservative or not. Into social welfare or not... Into free market capitalism or not... It's not even clear that they want to do anything good to the nation. They're the bureaucratic class. A bunch of fat men and women that sit on their asses and leech from the government.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know about you, but I never heard a hela hela ho or yalla er7al directed at Hariri.

We all know which two disastrous figures in the history of Lebanon have been subject to these expressive people's chants.

With all his faults, Hariri never sold the country to a foreign country the way Aoun and his entourage sold the country to Iran. That, along with financial collapse of Lebanon, is their legacy. A fitting ending for the old megalomaniac.

Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

I don't know about you, but I never heard a hela hela ho or yalla er7al directed at Hariri.

We all know which two disastrous figures in the history of Lebanon have been subject to these expressive chants.

With all his faults, Hariri never sold the country to a foreign country the way Aoun and his entourage sold the country to Iran. That, along with financial collapse of Lebanon, is their legacy. A fitting ending for the old megalomaniac.
    Two things bro
    First Harriri infrastructures we are still using it
    Second he was probably killed by Iran and HA because he sponsored the resolution 1559 to dissolve militia and put Syria out of Lebanon 🇱🇧
    I think Harriri mistake was focusing on Syria forgetting HA is the real enemy in his rear

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Two things bro
    First Harriri infrastructures we are still using it
    Second he was probably killed by Iran and HA because he sponsored the resolution 1559 to dissolve militia and put Syria out of Lebanon 🇱🇧
    I think Harriri mistake was focusing on Syria forgetting HA is the real enemy in his rear
    Syria was a more pressing concern, and Hizbullah was inseparable from Syria at the time (officially at least). Lebanese politicians in their majority, if not entirety, paid no attention to Hizbullah's subservience and allegiance to Iran.

In the end, Syria used Hizbullah terrorists to assassinate Hariri, Lebanon's Prime Minister, and most likely the rest of the M14 politicians.

Thawra # Furoshima

Thawra # Furoshima

Syria was a more pressing concern, and Hizbullah was inseparable from Syria at the time (officially at least). Lebanese politicians in their majority, if not entirety, paid no attention to Hizbullah's subservience and allegiance to Iran.

In the end, Syria used Hizbullah terrorists to assassinate Hariri, Lebanon's Prime Minister, and most likely the rest of the M14 politicians.
    True all the eyes on Syria after the Maronite bishops call it to withdraw in 2001

mariob2

mariob2

I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine who is the president of the student body at a university.
    Having asked him if he thinks hariri is corrupt, his answers ranged from "eh bas la2" to "bas fi afsad" to "he tried to do things for Lebanon under the Syrian occupation" [emphasis on tried].

The numbers show that Lebanon came out of the Civil War barely in debt. Sure it was infrastructurally destroyed, but not in debt.
    In 1998 we were 16 billion $ in debt. In 2005 nearly 36. Meanwhile Hariri's personal fortune increased exponentially.

I think he did what any morally ambiguous man would do at that period : ally with the Syrians and satisfy the Saoudis in order to remain in power, which hinges on a policy of bribing and corruption.

If he had to do what he did, doesn't mean any less that he didn't do it. (Please refer to the Nüremberg Trials when the Allies tried the Nazis who claimed they were just following orders yet were guilty any case).

He gambled everything on the possibility that the Oslo Accords would succeed.

What succeeded was the needless high interest loans the Government took in order to "rebuild" Centreville to become the wonderous Ghost town it is.

Sanioura is corrupt and was his dog. Did he act alone or was he allowed to embezzle?

What about the sham and fraud that Solidere is? And how many people were expropriated and rewarded with worthless shares or reduced prices of their land?

Sure his death united Lebanon to finally get rid of the Syrian occupation, but that does not mean any less that his stain is washable.

March 14 might be built on the consequences of his death. But the death of a corrupted martyr does not mean he is any less corrupted.

And to add insult to injury, if supposedly everything I said was nonsense or justifiable, what about that scandalous and apalling 1 day law voted by Parliament exempting any taxes from inheritance so that the Hariri fortune (composed of embezzled Lebanese money, Saudi bribes but to be fair he did have a fortune thanks to his questionable construction company in Saudi Arabia) would pass on to his children.

They paid 40 million $ in taxes. Whereas if the law didn't pass they would have owed the State 4 billion $.

Oh and the law was then abrogated by said Parliament so that it's existence would be erased. Only scant copies remain in dusted offices. It can be rarely obtained. I beseech any who have it to post it in the forums.

That is how he will be remembered. Even if he fed me, sent my children to schools and built universities (which guys are very questionable motives and philanthropies in and of themselves), I wouldn't vote for him because there would be no more limits to the greed and corruption. In the end his actions will bite me in my rear.

The difference between he and Berri is that Berri outlived him. The "What if he didn't die" scenario is observable with Berri, who has officers and a personal army on his payroll, with countless fervent zealots screaming his name.

Hariri junior just wasn't as cunning as his father, just as Bashar wasn't as his father as well.

The bad deeds of Hariri outweigh his good ones.

Opinions?

Last edited:
    lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is the peoples fault ... Hariri came after the syrians intervened in the inter christian war. The green light was given by the US.

The syrians like the Yankees wanted compensation for their efforts $$$ and they got plenty. Like the French elhanouni did in the days.

Kellou kizb halkon tefhamou shi !

Way forward is to clean the plate from the existing leaders and make expenditure accountable. Simple and realistic. Open the gates for the refugees to go. Fly them free if you have to. Keep the rich ones and give them citizinship. They are the kind that bolster a nation.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine who is the president of the student body at a university.
    Having asked him if he thinks hariri is corrupt, his answers ranged from "eh bas la2" to "bas fi afsad" to "he tried to do things for Lebanon under the Syrian occupation" [emphasis on tried].

The numbers show that Lebanon came out of the Civil War barely in debt. Sure it was infrastructurally destroyed, but not in debt.
    In 1998 we were 16 billion $ in debt. In 2005 nearly 36. Meanwhile Hariri's personal fortune increased exponentially.

I think he did what any morally ambiguous man would do at that period : ally with the Syrians and satisfy the Saoudis in order to remain in power, which hinges on a policy of bribing and corruption.

If he had to do what he did, doesn't mean any less that he didn't do it. (Please refer to the Nüremberg Trials when the Allies tried the Nazis who claimed they were just following orders yet were guilty any case).

He gambled everything on the possibility that the Oslo Accords would succeed.

What succeeded was the needless high interest loans the Government took in order to "rebuild" Centreville to become the wonderous Ghost town it is.

Sanioura is corrupt and was his dog. Did he act alone or was he allowed to embezzle?

What about the sham and fraud that Solidere is? And how many people were expropriated and rewarded with worthless shares or reduced prices of their land?

Sure his death united Lebanon to finally get rid of the Syrian occupation, but that does not mean any less that his stain is washable.

March 14 might be built on the consequences of his death. But the death of a corrupted martyr does not mean he is any less corrupted.

And to add insult to injury, if supposedly everything I said was nonsense or justifiable, what about that scandalous and apalling 1 day law voted by Parliament exempting any taxes from inheritance so that the Hariri fortune (composed of embezzled Lebanese money, Saudi bribes but to be fair he did have a fortune thanks to his questionable construction company in Saudi Arabia) would pass on to his children.

They paid 40 million $ in taxes. Whereas if the law didn't pass they would have owed the State 4 billion $.

Oh and the law was then abrogated by said Parliament so that it's existence would be erased. Only scant copies remain in dusted offices. It can be rarely obtained. I beseech any who have it to post it in the forums.

That is how he will be remembered. Even if he fed me, sent my children to schools and built universities (which guys are very questionable motives and philanthropies in and of themselves), I wouldn't vote for him because there would be no more limits to the greed and corruption. In the end his actions will bite me in my rear.

The difference between he and Berri is that Berri outlived him. The "What if he didn't die" scenario is observable with Berri, who has officers and a personal army on his payroll, with countless fervent zealots screaming his name.

Hariri junior just wasn't as cunning as his father, just as Bashar wasn't as his father as well.

The bad deeds of Hariri outweigh his good ones.

Opinions?
    God bless the Shahid and rest his deeply missed soul.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    Really?

Is that why his friends from the Gulf forced him to build a humongous mosque right in front of the church on the most important square in Beirut?
    When was Beirut ever Christian? That's a modern built church on there. For the love of God, stick to Akkoura and Qadisha.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    he was too dead for people to ask for his departure :)

We all know which two disastrous figures in the history of Lebanon have been subject to these expressive people's chants.

he fidnt sell the country because it was already sold and under syrian occupation thanks to all the warlords he had in his pockets :D :D

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Really?

Is that why his friends from the Gulf forced him to build a humongous mosque right in front of the church on the most important square in Beirut?
    A mosque was built right next to a church as a sign of national unity.
    He could’ve demolished the church if he wanted to.
    Anyway the church’s tower goes higher than the mosque now, it was extended like 5 years ago

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    الأخبار

الأخبار: بهاء ينقضّ على شقيقه سعد
    محليات

منذ 51 دقيقة

ينتظر بهاء الحريري شقيقه رئيس الحكومة السابق سعد الحريري، عند كل منعطف مصيري في حياته السياسية لينقضّ عليه، بحسب ما أوردت صحيفة الأخبار اليوم.
    وأشارت الصحيفة إلى أن "المرة الأولى كانت خلال اعتقال ولي العهد السعودي محمد بن سلمان لسعد في الرياض. يومها قدّم بهاء نفسه على أنه الوجه المشرق للعائلة، وحاول فرض نفسه عبر عدة قنوات دولية ومحلية لشغل منصب شقيقه. كاد الأمر أن يتحقق لولا معارضة أفراد العائلة وعددٍ من أركان تيار المستقبل.
    واليوم، في ذكرى اغتيال رفيق الحريري والمرحلة الأضعف التي يعيشها سعد بعد استقالته من الحكومة وتشكيل أخرى بدونه، يحاول بهاء التسويق لنفسه في الشارع المستقبلي. اللافت هنا أن بعض الشبان قدّموا أنفسهم يوم أمس على أنهم «رجال بهاء الحريري وأنصاره» وعمدوا منذ الصباح إلى لصق صور للحريري الأب مذيّلة بعبارة «الشهيد أبو بهاء». ليشتبكوا في فترة ما بعد الظهر مع مناصري سعد الحريري قرب ضريح الحريري في ساحة الشهداء، مطلقين هتافات تبايع «بهاء» وتذمّ سعد الحريري. وفي السياق نفسه، أصدر بهاء بياناً اعتبر فيه أن ما قام به شبان وشابات الحراك «على مدى الأشهر الأربعة الماضِية هُوَ قمَّة الرقي في إعطاء دروس لِمَن فَقَدَ معنى الصِّدقِ والإخلاصِ والأمانة في تولّي وتعاطي الشأن العام»، غامزاً من قناة شقيقه. وأعرب عن ازدرائه وخيبته كما المواطنين من «الاستهتارِ بشؤونِ الوطن والمواطن والإسفاف في التعاطي»، معلناً «وقوعنا في المحظور وأن ما كان يَحصل بتَدرُّج بعد اغتيال والدي الشهيد، هوَ اغتيال بطيء لكُلّ ما آمَنَ به». ليختم بنعت أخيه بالفساد من دون تسميته عبر الإشادة «بحناجر المواطنين التي صرخت مطالبة برحيل منظومة الفساد وأسيادها وأعوانها»".
    وأضافت الصحيفة: "فيما اللافت أن الإعلامي جيري ماهر، المطبّل لولي العهد السعودي والمسوّق للعدو الإسرائيلي، قدّم نفسه يوم أمس على أنه المستشار الإعلامي لبهاء الدين الحريري، في إطار نفيه ما يتمّ تداوله حول بيان أصدره بهاء وأحاديث تُنسب إليه".
    وتابعت: "في موازاة المشادة التي حصلت بين أنصار بهاء وسعد، قام بعض من جمهور تيار المستقبل بـ«غزو» خيم المعتصمين في ساحة الشهداء في إعادة لمشهد يوم أول من أمس، حيث اشتبكوا مع شباب الحراك لتتدخل بعدها القوى الأمنية وتفصل بينهما

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    LOL

Akh ya crusader enta!

I know, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, carry on while I see myself out.
    But it's true...
    If you see all international newspapers reporting about Lebanon and the lebanese society
    The picture of that church and Mosque is always used till the point it became a cliché

i google searched Lebanese multiculturalism and guess what was the first picture that popped up !
    1581755427720.png