Hasheesh-Discussion

What should Lebanon do?

• Legalize its cultivation and export only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Legalize it completely for recreational purposes (21+ yrs old)

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Keep things as they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crack down on those producers, no more hash farming

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
zero

zero

I dont feel like typing a whole lot. Im going to post some links you should visit. Im interested in the poll results, so please vote. My opinion on the matter is that we should atleast legalize its cultivation (and export) in Lebanon. We cannot afford not to use our resources to their full potential. Lebanese hash is highly regarded worldwide as some of the best hash. Thats just being objective about it. Looking at some websites in the US and Canada it is definitely (one of) the most expensive, and there are many articles about Lebanese hash being high quality. Though we have different grades of Lebanese hash, the ones we export are mostly of good quality. Though we can do better(more on that later). Lebanon is currently #3 worldwide hash producer at 6%. Well behind Morocco and Afghanistan who are at 19% and 10% respectively. Countries Producing The Most Marijuana Resin

Just doing quick research on wiki: Europe consumed 650 tonnes of hash in 2013. So worldwide you can easily say 1000 tonnes. In 2018 hash and marijuana acceptance is only increasing and being used more in the medical field. So the current for calculations sake lets keep it as such.
If we take 6% of 1000 tonnes, thats 60 tonnes= 60,000kg= 60,000,000 grams of hash produced by Lebanon. If Lebanon gets atleast 5$ a gram from their product (marketed ~15$/g in US and Canada), that is 60,000,000 x 5 = 300,000,000$. Again this is probably a conservative estimate. I think its probably between 300,000,000 and 500,000,000$ revenue right now, and the state is benefiting from none of it. Do not forget if we legalise its cultivation we can grow more and make more money. We are not using our full potential. Which brings me back to the highest quality hash Lebanon is most famous for, Red Lebanese. Red Lebanese has been around forever, and was super popular abroad during the Lebanese war. I believe its produced mainly in deir el-ahmar and nearby areas. We need to revive that market. That hash is always in demand= more $. Lebanon can easily bring in 1 billion/yr from the hash industry if they legalize its cultivation and export. Obviously you can tax the **** out of hash farmers if you legalise and apply the law, and they will STILL get richer.

We cannot afford to waste resources. Thats alot of money that we could use to solve a lot of our problems.

• Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I’m all in for legalizing it, cultivation and both medical and recreational use.
    Red Lebanese is by far one of the best hash i ever tried, it only grows in Bekaa Valley of Lebanon and it’s super popular in Europe.
    I totally agree, it’s a huge Market that can produce big income to our country.
    Unfortunately, it’s a gray area right now and cultivation is enforced on some people but not others.

I had to travel to Amsterdam, to try it.

Below is Red light district’s first coffee shop ‘Bulldog’ pricelist:

It sells 12€ per 2.2g which is a very competitive price (it’s way more expensive outside the Netherlands)

3F583A1C-7498-41B6-877D-8AB261B84C17.jpeg

zero

zero

I’m all in for legalizing it, cultivation and both medical and recreational use.
    Red Lebanese is by far one of the best hash i ever tried, it only grows in Bekaa Valley of Lebanon and it’s super popular in Europe.
    I totally agree, it’s a huge Market that can produce big income to our country.
    Unfortunately, it’s a gray area right now and cultivation is enforced on some people but not others.

I had to travel to Amsterdam, to try it.

Below is Red light district’s first coffee shop ‘Bulldog’ pricelist:

It sells 12€ per 2.2g which is a very competitive price (it’s way more expensive outside the Netherlands)

View attachment 10045
    Yeah Red Lebanese is the best hash i ever tried. I also had to travel outside lebanon to try it ;). Seriously though i hear its very rarely available domestically anymore.

https://marijanedepot.ca/weed-product/red-lebanese-style-hash-2-grams/
    vs
    Hash - Lebanese : Product Descriptions, Reviews and Ratings

Blonde Lebanese Hash
    Lebanese hash comes in two common varieties, blonde (yellow) and red. Though some argue that blonde and red are two separate strains, they are made with cannabis harvested at different stages in the growth cycle.

Blonde hash is made from plants harvested early when they are high in THC and produces nice cerebral effects. Red hash comes from plants that are a little bit older and are said to contain higher amounts of non-psychoactive CBN, making it milder though still wonderfully potent."

spacecreature

spacecreature

So they will make a fatwa and turn it halal, and everything will be great and everyone will be happy suddenly? What areas will benefit from it, will it be localized monopolized or anyone can grow it in their garden, how exactly will you control it, will the previous criminal sentences suddenly be all cancelled? What will happen to the armed drug dealers exactly, will they join the army or the next government? Lots of questions ;)

If it happens, I doubt it would be done to help the people or the economy, but most probably to make a few mafiosos in the country richer.

When Fadi Abboud proposed it, they all made fun of him, (probably just coz he was in Takatol) but now the same people are talking about it like they just came up with it n like it's the panacea for all our problems.

Will Ali Hassan Khalil head the next ministry of Hashish?????

Who knows, maybe they would rather have a calm nonchalant drugged up population ;)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I dont feel like typing a whole lot. Im going to post some links you should visit. Im interested in the poll results, so please vote. My opinion on the matter is that we should atleast legalize its cultivation (and export) in Lebanon. We cannot afford not to use our resources to their full potential. Lebanese hash is highly regarded worldwide as some of the best hash. Thats just being objective about it. Looking at some websites in the US and Canada it is definitely (one of) the most expensive, and there are many articles about Lebanese hash being high quality. Though we have different grades of Lebanese hash, the ones we export are mostly of good quality. Though we can do better(more on that later). Lebanon is currently #3 worldwide hash producer at 6%. Well behind Morocco and Afghanistan who are at 19% and 10% respectively. Countries Producing The Most Marijuana Resin

Just doing quick research on wiki: Europe consumed 650 tonnes of hash in 2013. So worldwide you can easily say 1000 tonnes. In 2018 hash and marijuana acceptance is only increasing and being used more in the medical field. So the current for calculations sake lets keep it as such.
    If we take 6% of 1000 tonnes, thats 60 tonnes= 60,000kg= 60,000,000 grams of hash produced by Lebanon. If Lebanon gets atleast 5$ a gram from their product (marketed ~15$/g in US and Canada), that is 60,000,000 x 5 = 300,000,000$. Again this is probably a conservative estimate. I think its probably between 300,000,000 and 500,000,000$ revenue right now, and the state is benefiting from none of it. Do not forget if we legalise its cultivation we can grow more and make more money. We are not using our full potential. Which brings me back to the highest quality hash Lebanon is most famous for, Red Lebanese. Red Lebanese has been around forever, and was super popular abroad during the Lebanese war. I believe its produced mainly in deir el-ahmar and nearby areas. We need to revive that market. That hash is always in demand= more $. Lebanon can easily bring in 1 billion/yr from the hash industry if they legalize its cultivation and export. Obviously you can tax the **** out of hash farmers if you legalise and apply the law, and they will STILL get richer.

We cannot afford to waste resources. Thats alot of money that we could use to solve a lot of our problems.
    Am all for legalizing it, but we ever do what would stop every farmer from turning into this activity which means stopping growing basic nutrients plants and legumes and orchards.

I can easily see all of the region ditching basic crop farming and turning into marijuana cultivation. How can we limit this effect so that our food balance doesnt head more into the redzone

opium

opium

Could be cultivated by the army. And the profit will be used to support regular farmers. This is the best scenario.

D

Death To Google

Am all for legalizing it, but we ever do what would stop every farmer from turning into this activity which means stopping growing basic nutrients plants and legumes and orchards.

I can easily see all of the region ditching basic crop farming and turning into marijuana cultivation. How can we limit this effect so that our food balance doesnt head more into the redzone
    Did someone hack your account? Since when does a national food balance factor in the neo-liberal model you seem to subscribe to?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Did someone hack your account? Since when does a national food balance factor in the neo-liberal model you seem to subscribe to?
    Lol what do you mean by the neo-liberal model i subscribe to, and what does it have to do with food balance? Do liberal countries like to starve themselves? Am not following you

D

Death To Google

Lol what do you mean by the neo-liberal model i subscribe to, and what does it have to do with food balance? Do liberal countries like to starve themselves? Am not following you
    You are following me for sure :wideyed: But I will indulge. It means that each country/economical sector should produce what it produces best/better than competitors, and free trade without tarrifs take care of the resource deficits between countries. In this case, Bekka fields are best suited for hashish production (if we count $/acre for example)... so the neoliberal model would assert that Lebanon use all suitable agricultural space for hashish export, while using the revenue to import food.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

Easy
    Put high tax on it
    Make it bound to a licence whereas only lands that fall into a certain criteria can get it and grow cannabis (Bekaa Valley basically), this also maintains the good quality of the product since Bekaa is the best place to grow it

This makes up for how easy and efficient it is to grow weed
    People grow it in their basements nowadays

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are following me for sure :wideyed: But I will indulge. It means that each country/economical sector should produce what it produces best/better than competitors, and free trade without tarrifs take care of the resource deficits between countries. In this case, Bekka fields are best suited for hashish production (if we count $/acre for example)... so the neoliberal model would assert that Lebanon use all suitable agricultural space for hashish export, while using the revenue to import food.
    Yea so my follow up question is when did you assert that i am a follower of that particular model? I invite to head to the trump and brexit thread and look up what types of economic models i subscribe to.
    If i am mostly liberal about new tech and its economic potential doesnt mean i want my country to starve.

Also i doubt that there are any countries today that do not give a damn about their food security and just import willy nilly because they can sell tulips at a higher price than wheat ;)

D

Death To Google

Also i doubt that there are any countries today that do not give a damn about their food security and just import willy nilly because they can sell tulips at a higher price than wheat ;)
    Are you sure about that? It must be remnants of the old relic called national sovereignty. Pardon me if your economical views were misinterpreted, I had assumed that to be in line with the rest of your stances somehow (don't ask).

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Easy
    Put high tax on it
    Make it bound to a licence whereas only lands that fall into a certain criteria can get it and grow cannabis (Bekaa Valley basically), this also maintains the good quality of the product since Bekaa is the best place to grow it

That wasnt the point OP was making.
    The logic there was legalize weed profuction and tax it so that the state can recup on all the lost profit it is due. And even with high taxes the farmers would still be making much higher margins than farming peas and corn, so the attraction to switc production is still there.

U say put some limitations to it like only in bekaa, but bekaa is the breadbasket of lebanon, so it doesnt really solve the problem.

The only limitation i can imagine is putting quotas depending on worked surface. But then comed the problem of how do u enforce such quotas? Will the farmers have to sell to a state agency which will then resell it on the global market?

D

Death To Google

Easy
    Put high tax on it

This more aimed at controlling who would grow, than food security. @Iron Maiden this point of view suits you more :D

License ? Welcome to Lebanon and good luck with that. If its gonna be legal for Hashish Inc. tycoons in the Bekka am growing it in the front lawn of my building :D

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm all for full legalisation, as a crop it is far more profitable for farmers Vs potatoes or onions, not to mention that hash is about the only thing next to wine we export much more of than consume locally.

And I haven't yet gone into the psychological and health benefits that far outweigh the risks, I mean unless you get hit by a tonne of hash that fell off a plane you're not dying from it lol!

Also you can get the same "high" or close to it by consuming 4 cups of coffee however the latter's consumption is far more dangerous for your health.

And lastly, how else would we get music like this:

Edit: and I am now more bitter than ever about going to Amsterdam while pregnant!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Are you sure about that? It must be remnants of the old relic called national sovereignty. Pardon me if your economical views were misinterpreted, I had assumed that to be in line with the rest of your stances somehow (don't ask).
    This more aimed at controlling who would grow, than food security. @Iron Maiden this point of view suits you more :D

License ? Welcome to Lebanon and good luck with that. If its gonna be legal for Hashish Inc. tycoons in the Bekka am growing it in the front lawn of my building :D
    Why dont u try asnd come up with an idea abt this problem instead if trying to insinuate obscure ideas m8 :)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

Grow it in your bedroom, i wouldn’t care less
    As long as you’re not growing it for commercial purposes i meant
    Else you need a licence
    Same idea as owning a Taxi...

It just happened that the bekaa produces the top quality and being remote makes it a good spot to legalize such business

I see where you’re coming from
    And i know very well who runs the bekaa business right now and i’m aware of how hard it is to draft and pass such law

We’re still far from that point any way,
    Socially, people in lebanon sill put cannabis in the same quadron as Cocain for example
    So this is not happening anytime soon
    And by then lots can change

D

Death To Google

Why dont u try asnd come up with an idea abt this problem instead if trying to insinuate obscure ideas m8 :)
    M8 it is not obscure and the topic provides a nice window into the pros and cons of different economic paradigms.
    I don't have a solution to this problem. How does other free market countries that care about food security solve this problem?

D

Death To Google

Grow it in your bedroom, i wouldn’t care less
    As long as you’re not growing it for commercial purposes i meant
    Else you need a licence
    Same idea as owning a Taxi...

It just happened that the bekaa produces the top quality and being remote makes it a good spot to legalize such business

I see where you’re coming from
    And i know very well who runs the bekaa business right now and i’m aware of how hard it is to draft and pass such law

We’re still far from that point any way,
    Socially, people in lebanon sill put cannabis in the same quadron as Cocain for example
    So this is not happening anytime soon
    And by then lots can change
    People will grow it and use it for commercial purposes (sell it locally). I don't see how this can be prevented.
    You wanna set up a legal hashish business for export in Bekka and tell anyone else who is interested that they can't do it.
    If you want ideas of how to piss people off and foster unrest, there are more efficient ways to do this.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    People will grow it and use it for commercial purposes (sell it locally). I don't see how this can be prevented.
    You wanna set up a legal hashish business for export in Bekka and tell anyone else who is interested that they can't do it.
    If you want ideas of how to piss people off and foster unrest, there are more efficient ways to do this.
    Fine,
    Bekaa hashish will still be in higher demand, and subsequently sell higher and be more beneficial.
    let's now complain about the soil quality being not as good in Aakoura for example.
    People in Aakoura will keep growing Apples because Bekaa farmers will dominate the market hands down.

i mean have you ever tried Hash grown on lebanese high altitudes ?
    i did, and it's disgusting.