Hassan Diab Government [$1.2B Eurobond Payment Frozen]

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
عندما ابلغ دياب الى رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون، في إحدى المرات، انّ مرجعية مالية تماطل في اطلاعه على حقيقة الارقام التي طلبها، إبتسم عون، المعروف بعدم ارتياحه الى مقاربات تلك المرجعية، وقال لرئيس الحكومة: " بعد ما شفت شي يا دولة الرئيس!".

!
Hassan Diab is a unique example of an outsider to the world of Lebanese politics experiencing it intimately for the first time from its most powerful position. Think of how incredibly fascinating it must be to be in his shoes right now.

Edit: removed "and" from the phrase "first time and from its most powerful position".

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Hassan Diab is a unique example of an outsider to the world of Lebanese politics experiencing it intimately for the first time and from its most powerful position. Think of how incredibly fascinating it must be to be in his shoes right now.
    but actually he was the Minister of education in 2011...so i believe he has an idea abt how lebanese politic works

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    but actually he was the Minister of education in 2011...so i believe he has an idea abt how lebanese politic works
    Yes, of course. I'm not sure how concerned he was with the machinations of government beyond his ministry, though. Mikati was Prime Minister back then, too. I can't imagine Mikati had to endure the same tensions Diab is enduring today, and Diab couldn't have been privy to those tensions, anyway.

Still, the wording of my statement could've been better... Let's see if I can still make a surgical edit!

oldschool

oldschool

If Diab doesn’t have the balls to replace the Sunni remnants of hariri in the state he won’t get anywhere

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    If Diab doesn’t have the balls to replace the Sunni remnants of hariri in the state he won’t get anywhere
    Agreed. If heads don't roll, Diab's cabinet won't have much of a chance. You can't work with the corruption network that's been entrenched in government for decades.

It has to be done carefully, though. It's not a simple case of firing people and employing others overnight.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    and to me hassan is juts an extension to the A.S.S
    but to blame him. its piggish and swinish from the mafia

الاهبل بقضّي عمرو كحول ودخان وعربدة، بينضرب جسمو بكل انواع الأمراض بروح ليتحكّم بقلّو الطبيب وضعك صعب بيطلع معو الحق عالطبيب الفاشل هيك الهِبِل بلبنان ٣٠سنة الحريري والميليشيات ما خلّوا نوع مرض من فساد لديون لسرقات ما عملو بالبلد صارحنا حسان دياب انو الوضع صعب طلع معن هوي المسؤول

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    أعزائي العونيين
    حسان دياب مش عوني لا من قريب ولا من بعيد، لا ملتزم ولا مؤيد، وعمليا اذا هو بازل إيه انتم ما الكم فيه ولا أي شقفة.
    هو انطرح بلحظة حرجة كتير وتقريبا ما كان فيه ولا اي مخلوق من الطائفة السنية يحمل يلي هو طحش تيحمله.
    هلأد حجمها القصة.
    بتشكيل الحكومة - وهيدي معلومة - ما كان فرندلي معكم..
    بالبيان الوزاري - وهيدي معلومة - ما كان فرندلي معكم..
    بملف الحاكم او الإعلان عن من هربوا أموالهم ما كان منسجم معكم..
    وعند منحه من قبل تكتلكم الثقة حكي رئيس حزبكم بتسع نقاط ما تبنى منها دولته ولا واحدة حتى الآن..
    لهيك، يا ريت بالأملية تخلوا نابغته دميانوس يدافع عنه..
    يا ريت بالأملية، تخففوا حماسة للدفاع عنه او حتى عن وزير من يلي معتبرين انهم محسوبين عليكم لان هيدا الدفاع ما بفيد..
    يلي بفيد انكم تضغطوا بإيجابية عليهم وتلاحقوهم وتضلوا وراهم تيعملوا شي منيح، وتكونوا مستنفرين وحذرين ونقديين تجاه اي شي مش منيح..

حسان دياب لهلأ ما عمل ولا أي شي منيح، ما بينفع اي شكل من أشكال التبزير، لبينفع هو ينقله كل يوم وقف بشرفك تضييع وقت وعملك شي شغلة..

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

17:27

وزير الاشغال ميشال نجار أعطى الترخيص لملاحقة رئيس مجلس إدارة مرفأ بيروت حسن قريطم

Cabinet Meeting - 3/5/2020
    Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    مجلس الوزراء أقرّ مشروع قانون رفع السرية المصرفية وآلية حضور الاجتماعات والندوات والمؤتمرات في الخارج

dyyyy

dyyyy

to be fair with Antoine Library, I had this discussion with someone from Jouet Club about this same issue he said they price things according to what they will re-import. The money they're getting now is the money they'll use to import new products, this is why they make the prices higher even on existing products)

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    to be fair with Antoine Library, I had this discussion with someone from Jouet Club about this same issue he said they price things according to what they will re-import. The money they're getting now is the money they'll use to import new products, this is why they make the prices higher even on existing products)
    yes this is understandable... since they want to replace what they sell.. and buy new products at higher prices

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Free market means they can put the price they want, the only illegal thing is collusion and dumping. The good thing about Free Market is that if there is a competitor that can undercut the price without collusion and dumping then let them do it and prices drop but apparently it is impossible so people need to stop talking about 7imeyet el mistahlek. The best way to ye7mou el moustahlek is drag salemeh, 3addoum and the banks CEOs out of their homes and hold them reponsible for the ponzi scheme they are all involved in and protecting.