Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I donno ; let us see:
1- working from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM;
2- working as a housekeeper; babysitter; dog sitter; chef; dishwasher; gardner; delivery girl; personal aid; sometimes even medical aid;
3- stays in employers house;
4- forced to eat what the employers are offering;
5- sometimes not even having her own room;
6- telephone not allowed except for few calls per week;
7- almost no holidays;
8- no personal life, not allowed to have friends; and if she ever get a boyfriend ya latif... ;
and all of that for 200$ a month.
Eh,

not on those terms. terms closer to European terms with a contract and dawem 3amal let's say from 9am-5pm just like any other employment.

• Advertisement
  • Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    I donno ; let us see:
    2- working as a housekeeper; babysitter; dog sitter; chef; dishwasher; gardner; delivery girl; personal aid; sometimes even medical aid;
    7- almost no holidays;
    8- no personal life, not allowed to have friends; and if she ever get a boyfriend ya latif... ;
    In her statement, Mrs. Diab clearly expresses the need to protect and reform jobs like this so that they adhere to employment laws. Social security, fixed work hours, ects. I agree with that notion - an employee, whether foreign or local, has their rights and dignity and these should be protected by law regardless of the job.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    When the entire political axis this man belongs to is crumbling around him, rotten to the core with corruption and financial criminality, he has no other recourse but to insult and ridicule tens of thousands of people personally instead of keeping his dialog strictly political.

It speaks of his values and the values of his political line. Shame on him.

Saro tnen dislikes.
    #عونفيد_١٦ or Aounvid-16 is trending on twitter.

They got that name from COVID-19.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    سيهبط سعر الدولار الاميركي في لبنان لان كمية الاموال بين ايدي اللبنانيين باتت 85% بالليرة اللبنانية و15 بالمئة بالدولار، منها 10% محتجز موجود في مصرف لبنان والمصارف. وبالتالي، باتت كمية الليرة اللبناينة بحجم كبير ولم يعد بإمكان الحاضنة الاحتفاط بها، ولأنهم اشتروا الليرة على 2200 و3300 ووصل سعر الدولار الى 5000 ثم 4000 قام الذين اشتروا الدولار سابقا على سعر 2200 ببدء البيع. والبيع سيستمر والدولار سيهبط في الايام المقبلة مع ترك حرية صرف الدولار كما يطلب الشارع والاسواق. ويبدو ان هنالك اقبالاً على بيع الدولار والحصول على كمية كبيرة من الليرة اللبنانية لان الاسواق اللبنانية ستستعيد حركتها بالليرة اللبناينة وليس بالدولار. كما ان الدولار لن يبقى على سعر 4400 ليرة بل سينخفض لان عملية الصرف ستكون حرة. وإذّاك سيقوم هناك كثيرون ممن يملكون الدولار ببيع وتحقيق ثروة من خلال بيع الدولار والحصول على كميات كبيرة من الليرة اللبناينة . كما ان تحويلات داخل المصارف جاءتها طلبات كثيرة من زبائن لتحويل الدولارات التي اشتروها الى الليرة لبنانية. ووفق معلومات الديار، فان الدولار ستهبط قيمته في حين ان الليرة اللبنانية ستستعيد سعر 3000 ليرة للدولار الواحد. واذا تم تحويل اموال ضخمة من المصارف الخليجية والسعودية وقطر وابو ظبي والكويت وغيرها وتم تحويلها الى بيروت لتكون بالليرة اللبنانية بدل الدرهم والريال، فإن ذلك سيؤدي الى هبوط الدولار هبوطا هاما وكبيراً ويكون سعر الدولار بين 2500 الى 3000 ليرة.

Chou awlak @SoFP1?

I

illusion84

سيهبط سعر الدولار الاميركي في لبنان لان كمية الاموال بين ايدي اللبنانيين باتت 85% بالليرة اللبنانية و15 بالمئة بالدولار، منها 10% محتجز موجود في مصرف لبنان والمصارف. وبالتالي، باتت كمية الليرة اللبناينة بحجم كبير ولم يعد بإمكان الحاضنة الاحتفاط بها، ولأنهم اشتروا الليرة على 2200 و3300 ووصل سعر الدولار الى 5000 ثم 4000 قام الذين اشتروا الدولار سابقا على سعر 2200 ببدء البيع. والبيع سيستمر والدولار سيهبط في الايام المقبلة مع ترك حرية صرف الدولار كما يطلب الشارع والاسواق. ويبدو ان هنالك اقبالاً على بيع الدولار والحصول على كمية كبيرة من الليرة اللبنانية لان الاسواق اللبنانية ستستعيد حركتها بالليرة اللبناينة وليس بالدولار. كما ان الدولار لن يبقى على سعر 4400 ليرة بل سينخفض لان عملية الصرف ستكون حرة. وإذّاك سيقوم هناك كثيرون ممن يملكون الدولار ببيع وتحقيق ثروة من خلال بيع الدولار والحصول على كميات كبيرة من الليرة اللبناينة . كما ان تحويلات داخل المصارف جاءتها طلبات كثيرة من زبائن لتحويل الدولارات التي اشتروها الى الليرة لبنانية. ووفق معلومات الديار، فان الدولار ستهبط قيمته في حين ان الليرة اللبنانية ستستعيد سعر 3000 ليرة للدولار الواحد. واذا تم تحويل اموال ضخمة من المصارف الخليجية والسعودية وقطر وابو ظبي والكويت وغيرها وتم تحويلها الى بيروت لتكون بالليرة اللبنانية بدل الدرهم والريال، فإن ذلك سيؤدي الى هبوط الدولار هبوطا هاما وكبيراً ويكون سعر الدولار بين 2500 الى 3000 ليرة.

Chou awlak @SoFP1?
    yesterday it was around 3500 L.L.

I guess the lebanese has no more money to buy $ or goods.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    yesterday it was around 3500 L.L.

I guess the lebanese has no more money to buy $ or goods.
    But why would the buying rate drop? Dollars are becoming more scarce.
    Even those receiving transfers from abroad (via Western Union) have to cash them in LBP.

I

illusion84

In her statement, Mrs. Diab clearly expresses the need to protect and reform jobs like this so that they adhere to employment laws. Social security, fixed work hours, ects. I agree with that notion - an employee, whether foreign or local, has their rights and dignity and these should be protected by law regardless of the job.
    I'm not answering Mrs Diab; I'm talking with Miss Orangina who's patronising the Lebanese for not accepting to work under such conditions for 200$.

Hala2 who knows; if starvation kicks in maybe the Lebanese would do it...

I

illusion84

But why would the buying rate drop? Dollars are becoming more scarce.
    Even those receiving transfers from abroad (via Western Union) have to cash them in LBP.
    Shaklo batal fi la $ w la lira :lol: .

I'm being serious ; the shelves at supermarket are empty, consuming foreign goods dropped down a lot.

I guess the need for $ is diminishing.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Two persons replying to Mrs Diab (and I fully endorse what they said).

Said Francis wrote:

"Kept thinking why Mrs. Diab's declaration was so controversial. And here are some thoughts. I personally do not mind us Lebanese having to work in any job to live decently. I also didn't mind the extrapolation of getting to a point where we need to double our efforts to lift our economy up. HOWEVER what I felt was a huge no-no is the fact that she dares to ask us to work in less conventional jobs just because corrupted politicians robbed us and stole our money. If we-ourselves- committed any flaw, then it's ok to work harder to compensate. Where she crossed the line was to ask us to work as maids and gas station clerks, when we are already the victims. We shouldn't pay the price to cover anyone's flaws. Your husband's job and duty is to find ways to get our money back. And get them back! So instead of asking us to work two shifts, we will ask you and your husband and all those who claim being our political leaders to work day and night, and get our money back. Ba3ed Na2iss. Chou beddkoun ba3ed?"

Yousra Bustros wrote:

“على قد بساطك مدّ إجريك
    a toujours été ma maxime. Je n'ai jamais vécu au-dessus de mes moyens pour épater la galerie ni péter au-dessus de mon nez pour impressioner mon entourage. J'ai toujours travaillé pour subvenir à mes besoins et m'assurer quelques gâteries qui étaient en grande partie mes voyages.

Il m'est aujourd'hui insupportable, oui insupportable, de m'entendre dire à 54 ans que je dois revoir tout mon train de vie, qui était plus que raisonnable, parce que des politiciens verreux avec la complicité de banquiers cupides ont mis à sac le pays.

Il m'est insupportable dans un supermarché de réfléchir à 10 fois avant de m'acheter un bon fromage français quand je sais qu'un connard de politicien qui ne connaissait que la jebneh baladiyeh avant d'accéder à la fonction de ministre a tellement puisé dans les caisses du pays qu'il pourrait envoyé son avion privé pour s'approvisionner en fromages chez Androuet.

Il m'est insupportable de savoir qu'il me sera difficile de faire mon voyage annuel parce qu'un connard de banquier a décidé de bloquer mes avoirs tandis que son argent bien au chaud à l'étranger pourra assurer à toute sa smallah de beaux voyages jusqu'à Mars ou Vénus.

Oui, il m'est insupportable de m'entendre dire par des politiciens de revoir mon train de vie à la baisse, quand avant le 17 octobre je me suis toujours habillée chez Zara et H&M pendant que leurs femmes et leurs filles dévalisaient Chanel et Hermès au vu et au su de tout le monde.

Oui, je n'ai de leçons à recevoir de personne quant à mon mode de vie et je suis libre de choisir le Dove au Saboun Baladeh et le Comté au Akkawi. N'en déplaise aux connards qui nous ont volé et qui se permettent de nous donner des leçons aujourd'hui!

Avec les pieds bien sur terre et la tête haute des personnes honnêtes je vous dis: Khara 3laykon!”

Last edited:
    AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yousra Bustros wrote:

“على قد بساطك مدّ إجريك
    a toujours été ma maxime. Je n'ai jamais vécu au-dessus de mes moyens pour épater la galerie ni péter au-dessus de mon nez pour impressioner mon entourage. J'ai toujours travaillé pour subvenir à mes besoins et m'assurer quelques gâteries qui étaient en grande partie mes voyages.

Il m'est aujourd'hui insupportable, oui insupportable, de m'entendre dire à 54 ans que je dois revoir tout mon train de vie, qui était plus que raisonnable, parce que des politiciens verreux avec la complicité de banquiers cupides ont mis à sac le pays.

Il m'est insupportable dans un supermarché de réfléchir à 10 fois avant de m'acheter un bon fromage français quand je sais qu'un connard de politicien qui ne connaissait que la jebneh baladiyeh avant d'accéder à la fonction de ministre a tellement puisé dans les caisses du pays qu'il pourrait envoyé son avion privé pour s'approvisionner en fromages chez Androuet.

Il m'est insupportable de savoir qu'il me sera difficile de faire mon voyage annuel parce qu'un connard de banquier a décidé de bloquer mes avoirs tandis que son argent bien au chaud à l'étranger pourra assurer à toute sa smallah de beaux voyages jusqu'à Mars ou Vénus.

Oui, il m'est insupportable de m'entendre dire par des politiciens de revoir mon train de vie à la baisse, quand avant le 17 octobre je me suis toujours habillée chez Zara et H&M pendant que leurs femmes et leurs filles dévalisaient Chanel et Hermès au vu et au su de tout le monde.

Oui, je n'ai de leçons à recevoir de personne quant à mon mode de vie et je suis libre de choisir le Dove au Saboun Baladeh et le Comté au Akkawi. N'en déplaise aux connards qui nous ont volé et qui se permettent de nous donner des leçons aujourd'hui!

Avec les pieds bien sur terre et la tête haute des personnes honnêtes je vous dis: Khara 3laykon!”

Couldn't have said it better.

Mrs. Diab's statement was very ill-timed. The reason we're indebted is because of our corrupt politicians not because of our individual lifestyles.
    The majority of foreign workers (save for a few professions which can be done by Lebanese) are actually contributing to the economy.

For her to blame the high unemployment rate on "Lebanese arrogance" is very simplistic and patronizing.

By the way, she looks too old for her husband. I thought she was his mother at first.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    I donno ; let us see:
    7- almost no holidays;
    It is clear you understood nothing of what was said...

في شي اسمو قانون عمل حبيبتي
    اللبناني بيقبض الحد الادنى للاجور اللي اكيد منو ٢٠٠ دولار يا عيني... اللبناني ما بدو كفيل ولا يندفع عليه اجازة عمل ولا اقامة يا عيوني انتي.... هاو بفوتو بالمعاش

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Chou awlak @SoFP1?
    Sorry, the analysis is stupid. So if 85% of liquidity is in LBP, it means the LBP is going to go up not down? And if only the proportion of available $ is only 5% in a completely dollarized economy that relies on $ denominated imports, it means that people want to sell their $?

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Said Francis wrote:

"Kept thinking why Mrs. Diab's declaration was so controversial. And here are some thoughts. I personally do not mind us Lebanese having to work in any job to live decently. I also didn't mind the extrapolation of getting to a point where we need to double our efforts to lift our economy up. HOWEVER what I felt was a huge no-no is the fact that she dares to ask us to work in less conventional jobs just because corrupted politicians robbed us and stole our money. If we-ourselves- committed any flaw, then it's ok to work harder to compensate. Where she crossed the line was to ask us to work as maids and gas station clerks, when we are already the victims. We shouldn't pay the price to cover anyone's flaws. Your husband's job and duty is to find ways to get our money back. And get them back! So instead of asking us to work two shifts, we will ask you and your husband and all those who claim being our political leaders to work day and night, and get our money back. Ba3ed Na2iss. Chou beddkoun ba3ed?"

Yousra Bustros wrote:

“على قد بساطك مدّ إجريك

These two are forgetting one thing, these corrupt politicians, they voted them in (well maybe not these two, but the Lebanese collectively)

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Sorry, the analysis is stupid. So if 85% of liquidity is in LBP, it means the LBP is going to go up not down? And if only the proportion of available $ is only 5% in a completely dollarized economy that relies on $ denominated imports, it means that people want to sell their $?
    Yeah doesn't make sense to me either.
    If dollars are becoming scarce, people are more likely to buy them not sell them, right?
    The more the demand, the higher the USD rate.

Last edited:
    Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

Said Francis wrote:

Yousra Bustros wrote:

“على قد بساطك مدّ إجريك

BS rhetoric. Is every needy Lebanese a depositor whose money was squandered by the state?

Lebanese social media miscreants have completely twisted her words. She's asking those in need and those who are under qualify to hold high paying jobs to get themselves busy and reclaim their country. Many of them would rather remain idle and feed from their parents or relatives.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    BS rhetoric. Is every needy Lebanese a depositor whose money was squandered by the state?

Lebanese social media miscreants have completely twisted her words. She's asking those in need and those who are under qualify to hold high paying jobs to get themselves busy and reclaim their country. Many of them would rather remain idle and feed from their parents or relatives.
    I'm sure those below the poverty line would not mind working as maids, office boys, or fruit pickers. Our previous house cleaner was from Baalbek.
    And those with no previous experience won't be able to replace Syrian construction workers overnight.

I don't think the average poor person struggling to put food on the table cares about their "prestige". Mrs. Diab's statement makes no sense. She's obviously not in touch with reality.

dyyyy

dyyyy

to re-explain what i meant before

متل كأن إجا مديرك خسملك نص معاشك و قلك المصاري
    مش كل شي، أهم شي الصحة

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    to re-explain what i meant before

متل كأن إجا مديرك خسملك نص معاشك و قلك المصاري
    مش كل شي، أهم شي الصحة
    Madame Diab mahbouleh. Leih meste7eh t2oula?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

Said Francis wrote:

"Kept thinking why Mrs. Diab's declaration was so controversial. And here are some thoughts. I personally do not mind us Lebanese having to work in any job to live decently. I also didn't mind the extrapolation of getting to a point where we need to double our efforts to lift our economy up.
    great!

HOWEVER what I felt was a huge no-no is the fact that she dares to ask us to work in less conventional jobs just because corrupted politicians robbed us and stole our money.
    wat a load of oxen fecal matter!

whether or not politician robbed the country or not has nothing to do with the fact that our economy and lifestyles up this point have been inflated and not representative of reality.
    people have no idea how lebanon looks like outside of their immediate surroundings and glamorous social circles..
    jesus christ this economical crisis is a blessing in disguise so that the out of touch lebanese people can finlly smell the real shit they live in..

the country has an unproductive economy built on a screwed up banking dustem and all the services that run around it.
    smalla b lebnen ma bet3araf 3a engineers aw teachers aw mwazaf, kelloun moudara, kelloun hekama w kelloun byefhamo b kell chi.
    god frikin damn it this is gonna be good, maybe we’ll stop calling ourselves swisra el chare2 watever that fukin means.

If we-ourselves- committed any flaw, then it's ok to work harder to compensate. Where she crossed the line was to ask us to work as maids and gas station clerks, when we are already the victims. We shouldn't pay the price to cover anyone's flaws. Your husband's job and duty is to find ways to get our money back. And get them back! So instead of asking us to work two shifts, we will ask you and your husband and all those who claim being our political leaders to work day and night, and get our money back. Ba3ed Na2iss. Chou beddkoun ba3ed?"
    she crossed the line al 😂😂

dude if all the politicians today returned the money back and we send them to jail, the fact still remains that our economy is broken, our education system is graduating people in the wrong fields and the whole society is high on the smell of its own shit.
    so if you know the guy that wrote this, plz tell him Iton Maiden says go frick yourself :)

am not even commenting on the tante el achrafieh molded cheese rant..

Last edited: