Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Habibi, this is children's talk. You are talking here of Nabih Berri, not some waiter in a restaurant (with all due respect to every worker).

What legal or constitutional capacity does Hezballah has to do what you are asking it to do. That is what I am asking for.
Habibi, this is HA, not just any head waiter in a restaurant (with all due respect to every worker). Nabih Berri has no constitutional reason to go on. He is by far the biggest thief the country has ever known. He can just be asked to declare he will not run next election because he is retiring and that will be that. Berri knows his position within the shia community. He knows that when HA asks him to retire, he should.

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Habibi, this is HA, not just any head waiter in a restaurant (with all due respect to every worker). Nabih Berri has no constitutional reason to go on. He is by far the biggest thief the country has ever known. He can just be asked to declare he will not run next election because he is retiring and that will be that. Berri knows his position within the shia community. He knows that when HA asks him to retire, he should.
    I am not aware of any agreement between HA and Berri that says Hezballah instructs and Berri obeys. Or that Hezballah holds the timing for when Berri should retire.

Apparently, you are asking Hezballah to act as your errand boy. Roo7 roo7 ta3a ta3a. Hezballah mish khadem 3end el FPM/FPMers w mizejkon. Even if Hezballah to carry out any such move, it will NEVER come to public knowledge. They will never allow any such info to even leak. It will be high secret or confidential between leader to leader. Hezballah wont behave like Frangieh or Basil does with one of his allies. The very reason Hezballah turned a deaf ear when Frangieh and Basil were misbehaving in public.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    But the question is do they have the legal cover to do something about corruption cases? And if not, would you, theoretically speaking, back parliament to approve such legal cover? And if yes, then what do you expect them to do and what actions should they take? Go after politicians and arrest them and throw them in prison and send the entire country into political turmoil? What exactly do FPMers mean and want when you make such statement about HA doing "something" to fight corruption? What has the FPM done that HA has not done?
    the legal framework has already been presented by fpm and is being discussed in the committees. lets see who and how they will modify it and who will vote for it once it goes to parliament to become law.

the original point of al this discussion is the hawbara that GA has nanes and will destroy everyone if they publish them when the truth is they would never do that.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not aware of any agreement between HA and Berri that says Hezballah instructs and Berri obeys. Or that Hezballah holds the timing for when Berri should retire.

Apparently, you are asking Hezballah to act as your errand boy. Roo7 roo7 ta3a ta3a. Hezballah mish khadem 3end el FPM/FPMers w mizejkon. Even if Hezballah to carry out any such move, it will NEVER come to public knowledge. They will never allow any such info to even leak. It will be high secret or confidential between leader to leader. Hezballah wont behave like Frangieh or Basil does with one of his allies. The very reason Hezballah turned a deaf ear when Frangieh and Basil were misbehaving in public.
    First of all, I never suggested that HA should do this in public.
    Second, it is HA's duty to shut down the biggest corrupt person in the country if indeed Nassrallah wants to fight corruption.
    Third, I am not FPM and I don't speak for them. This is my opinion.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Even if HA asks him to retire, he won't.

HA has no power over Berri. People can believe HA pull the strings, but I know for a fact that Berri does what Berri wants.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Common. HA is the strongest party in the country. HA has the vast majority of the shia people behind them. They purposely float amal in elections. I am sure if Nassrallah asks berri to leave the political arena in a nice way, with a celebration of "Shoukran Nabih", he will comply. HA is the strongest in the country.
    Hmmm.. this is not very true. HA might have the muscle but they don't have Berri's history and political experience.

The reason why HA goes a long with Berri because they don't want to have a conflict between Shias.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

"قرَّفتونا"...

لأنكم متمسكون بسياساتكم السابقة التي أوصلتنا إلى الهلاك أو تكاد، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم مصرُّون على شعاراتكم الطنانة ووعودكم الرنانة، التي لا يسلك أي منها طريقه إلى التنفيذ، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم تستثيرون العصبيات الطائفية والمذهبية والمناطقية لذرِّ الرماد في العيون والتغطية على ارتكاباتكم، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم مصرُّون على تجاوز منطق الدولة، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم تحولون دون مثول مطلوبين أمام القضاء، "قرَّفتونا".

لأن سياستكم جوهرها المزايدات، أو التهشيم في الغير، من دون تقديم أيِّ فكرة إيجابية، أو القيام بأي عمل ينفع، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم الجلادون، لكنكم تتهمون الضحية بالجلد، "قرَّفتونا".

لأنكم كنتم تدافعون عن الخطأ وتهاجمون المعترضين عليه، "قرَّفتونا".

ولأن بلدكم الثاني، أو ربما الأخير، هو لبنان، وبلدكم الأول هو راعيكم الإقليمي وحليفه الدولي، "قرَّفتونا".

"قرَّفتونا". صح. إذاً، "فلنغيِّر جو"، ونستعيد أبرز ما جاء في بعض المواقف اليوم:

سليمان فرنجية رجل صادق. عندما كنت رئيس حكومة "ما كنت قادر سكر الحدود لأن ما فيي اوقف بوجه مصالح بعض اللبنانيين في سوريا". جميعنا لبنانيون، فالى متى سنستمر بالكلام عن حقوق كل طائفة. "ما يرجعني باسيل عالتاريخ احسن ما ارجع عالتاريخ". من عرقل "سيدر" هم من كانوا ضد الإصلاحات.

انتهى الاقتباس. فلنعد إلى الجَدّ.

ابرز الاخبار اليوم، جلسة مجلس الوزراء الذي يستعد لتقييم اداء الايام المئة الأولى من عمر الحكومة الخميس.

الرئيس عون يركز في مستهل الجلسة على أهمية التحقيقات القضائية التي تجري في اطار مكافحة الفساد، ويشدد على ان هذه التحقيقات لا بد ان تصل الى نهايتها في كل المواضيع التي تتناولها.

أما رئيس الحكومة حسان دياب، فيعتبر تزامناً مع القرارات المتعلقة بالتعبئة، أن استمرار حالة الفلتان، سيدفع الى قرار بإعادة إقفال البلد بشكل كامل، مع إجراءات غير مسبوقة، لأن حياة الناس أهم من الاقتصاد.

لكن، في موازاة الموقفين، خبر لافت، تمثل بزيارة المدير العام للأمن العام اللواء عباس ابراهيم لسوريا اليوم، حيث بحث مع السلطات السورية في جملة من الملفات، من ضمنها التهريب والمعابر غير الشرعية وكيفية التعامل مع موضوع انتقال الاشخاص بين البلدين في ظل ازمة كورونا.

Nevermore

Nevermore

el mishkle ya beth it's our culture of having a "khadmeh" and having a house with a "2odet khadme". Real Estate developers at the end follow the demand of the market and the demand in Lebanon is always having an 2oda for a foreigh domestic worker.

It's really crap, and for Lebanese to adjust to reality on their living conditions that's a no go, too many Lebanese want to live a lifestyle they cannot afford. I mean I hear it all the time from Lebanese expats in Dubai complaining about not having enough money or not saving enough, while they go out every weekend to lavish clubs or parties spending money on pricey booze, or buying expensive cars by borrowing cheap loans. Some of them just want to be living in this expensive lifestyle trying to be a rich wannabee and denying their own reality.
    Agreed. While the cultural argument explains part of it, I would add by stating that the post-war governments and their handling of the economic circumstances didn't help when those in power told people that "el balad mashi", psychologically imbuing the idea that they could live their lives as though it was April 12, 1975. Systemically, loans were available for any and every purchase, creating local debt enslavement to banks, while young people's otherwise valuable university degrees were rendered useless in a tourism-based economy. Work, truly carried little significance in this scenario.

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    Even if HA asks him to retire, he won't.

HA has no power over Berri. People can believe HA pull the strings, but I know for a fact that Berri does what Berri wants.
    HA is lying about fighting corruption, if he is so genuine, he should start cleaning his sect first (i.e his partner berri )
    the Taqiya methode is old fashion now.

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    el 7arami Nabih berri's slaves inserted in goverment institutions bel salbata all these years cost the treasury more then the above amout.
    As long as berri junblat hariri are alive politically there is NO HOPE for Lebanon.
    playing the Taqiya Duo is old expired method
    You need mirror before you utter words , start cleaning your house first from within then we can clap for you.

oh by the way sanctions imposed on all lebanese is because of HA, weather you are with or against such sanctions regardless.

Karma is a ..............

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    he is supported indirectly by his taqiya partner HA. they play the jewish duo game played during Us election between DEM and REP.

By the way since they( berri junblat hariri ) took over after Taef, the country is in down trend. One might have nostalgia toward the pre ta2ef era.!!

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    Habibi, this is children's talk. You are talking here of Nabih Berri, not some waiter in a restaurant (with all due respect to every worker).

What legal or constitutional capacity does Hezballah have to do what you are asking it to do. That is what I am asking for.
    badak tbatel 7arakat el taqiya wel head in the sand ?
    they are both partner in the crime. and HA choosing shi3a interest over the country interest.
    they support corruption knowingly. Berri is the official political representative of HA when they need to deal in international relation : ) howi el waseet .. ma byestaghno 3ano byetsa3mlo we 3eizino : )...

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

HA is lying about fighting corruption, if he is so genuine, he should start cleaning his sect first (i.e his partner berri )
    the Taqiya methode is old fashion now.
    Yes sure, I believe they are hiding behind it, I always admit this.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    badak tbatel 7arakat el taqiya wel head in the sand ?
    they are both partner in the crime. and HA choosing shi3a interest over the country interest.
    they support corruption knowingly. Berri is the official political representative of HA when they need to deal in international relation : ) howi el waseet .. ma byestaghno 3ano byetsa3mlo we 3eizino : )...
    There is no taqiyyah here. You do not even know what taqiyyah is and when it should or can be used. You sound very hurt and ignorant. Every party has it's interests. But parties cannot and should not assume the role of the state when it comes to executing justice and fighting corruption. Hezballah is already assuming the state's responsiblity in protecting our borders because every human right document gives right to a people under invasion or occupation to defend themselves. Even at that, people are objecting. Do you want them to start arresting corrupt politicians? There is no law that says that your ally in national politics must be 100% corruption free. Which politician in Lebanon is not accused of corruption? Members of every community would accuse the leaders of the other community of corruption while they turn a blind eye to theirs. I am not saying Berri is innocent or guilty. I am asking everyone to follow due legal processes and put the necessary framework in place to fight corruption and hold politicians accountable. Instead of the generalization of kellon ya3neh kellon, which by the way would only remain a dream, let us fight for things that can be implemented. Let us take concrete steps. When MPs are in parliament, let us surround the parliament and block every road and force them to lift banking secrecy and pass a law on asset declaration for govt and state officials and let us force them to drop their immunity from prosecution and pass a law whereby the judiciary will be independent from their grips and judges can be selected, appointed or elected through the judiciary body itself and not by political appointment.

Besides, even if Berri is corrupt, whether directly or indirectly through his cronies, there is no structure in Lebanon to fight corruption or state corruption. When the thieves cant be held accountable, and you expect them to fight corruption, you are chasing shadows. Berri is by law untouchable. Neither Hezballah nor the FPM can touch him legally; I'm not mentioning the fact that he has an army of supporters that will willingly burn the country and fight you if you dare touch him or target him without legal framework. And sadly you cant put Berri on trial. He has legal immunity. You cannot prosecute an MP or govt and state officials. What you basically want is for two parties to fight themselves in order to please you and in the process destroy themselves to your joy. Even if Berri is guilty, I wont want the only two and most powerful Shia parties to fight themselves in a sectarian country. If we the people cant force and work for laws in the fight against corruption, it isnt the unity of another sect and their blood that would be shed to please your urges. It isnt like you have the interests of Hezballah, or the Shia as whole. You may just be another sectarian bigot who's entire problem with corruption is the fact that leaders from another are the ones stealing and not leaders from your own sect. And this is a major problem. When each community turns the blind eye to corruption by it's own leaders, the country will end up bankrupt one day. I am sure you have many corrupt people and thieves in your own sect. Emulate my steps and ask for laws that will enable their trial in a court of law. Dont you after all want a state? The state, not Hezballah, should be responsible in fighting corruption. These people accused of corruption are Lebanese, not Israehellis. Hezballah isnt responsible to bring Lebanese people to justice. The state we all belong to is responsible.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    he is supported indirectly by his taqiya partner HA. they play the jewish duo game played during Us election between DEM and REP.

By the way since they( berri junblat hariri ) took over after Taef, the country is in down trend. One might have nostalgia toward the pre ta2ef era.!!
    No one is nostalgic about the pre Taef apartheid era. Our present set of leaders have destroyed the country. Thay isnt to say we prefer a country where power was by law the monopoly of the elites from only one community in a diverse country.

And yes, until everyone agrees for the country to become a civil state or even a secular state, you cant expect only one community to secularize. It doesnt work that way. You can ban religious or ideological parties. Ban so many things about religion and make religion a private affair between man and God. But are you willing to you down that path? You can start with a one district electoral law based on proportionality. Give Lebanese the right to vote everywhere or anywhere they find themselves on election day in Lebanon. If I am in Beirut and I am from the South, I cant vote except I drive two hours to my village to cast a vote that in the end wont even improve my life, but might even make it worse! Most times we complain about the system and the leaders, we, the people are the problem. We dont focus on solutions but coded shortcuts to outsmart one another, just like you are trying to do.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    el 7arami Nabih berri's slaves inserted in goverment institutions bel salbata all these years cost the treasury more then the above amout.
    As long as berri junblat hariri are alive politically there is NO HOPE for Lebanon.
    playing the Taqiya Duo is old expired method
    You need mirror before you utter words , start cleaning your house first from within then we can clap for you.

oh by the way sanctions imposed on all lebanese is because of HA, weather you are with or against such sanctions regardless.

Karma is a ..............
    First, what are the sanctions imposed on Lebanon or on Lebanese? What exactly are these sanctions? Or are you referring to boycotts by foreign countries, especially gulf countries?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Lebanese prime minister: The coronavirus is pushing Lebanon toward a major food crisis

May 20, 2020 at 11:40 p.m. GMT+3

Hassan Diab is the prime minister of Lebanon.

Once the breadbasket of the Eastern Mediterranean, Lebanon is facing a dramatic challenge that seemed unimaginable a decade ago: the risk of a major food crisis. A few weeks ago, Lebanon witnessed its first “hunger protests.” Many Lebanese have already stopped buying meat, fruits and vegetables, and may soon find it difficult to afford even bread. Human Rights Watch and the World Bank have both warned that over half of Lebanese households may not be able to afford to purchase food by the end of the year.
    How did we get here? Lebanon and its people have been struck by a triple crisis. First, as a result of decades-long political mismanagement and corruption, there has been a dramatic lack of investment in our agricultural sector, which represents a quarter of the national labor force but only 3 percent of our economic output.

Because of Lebanon’s financial setup, it was cheaper to import food than to produce it locally, although our country was blessed with water, sun, rich soil and talented farmers. More than half of Lebanese food is imported, which is both a great shame and seriously dangerous for our food sovereignty.
    Second, Lebanon is going through an unprecedented economic and financial crisis that led the country to default on its foreign debt. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts a 12 percent decline in Lebanon’s gross domestic product this year. People are losing their jobs while our national currency is depreciating rapidly. The price of imported food has more than doubled since the start of the year.
    Third, the covid-19 crisis and the necessary lockdown have dramatically worsened the economic crisis and profoundly disrupted the food supply chain. Eighty percent of our wheat has been coming from Ukraine and Russia. Last month, Russia suspended wheat exports as a result of covid-19, while Ukraine is considering a similar move.

My government is taking important steps to address this dramatic situation. We are expanding social safety nets to protect the most vulnerable members of our society, and we are doing our best to provide specific aid packages. We are cracking down on supermarkets and shops that are artificially inflating prices. We have recently adopted Lebanon’s first financial recovery plan and have reached out to the IMF for support — this is indispensable to stabilize our currency and put our economy back on its feet. Last but not least, we are working on a series of measures to improve Lebanon’s food sovereignty.
    Lebanon’s resources are extremely limited, and a purely domestic answer will not suffice. In addition, Lebanon is not alone in this situation. As a consequence of the pandemic, a global food security crisis is emerging. The World Food Programme estimates that the pandemic could double the number of people in low- and middle-income countries facing acute food shortages by the end of 2020. To respond to this emergency and avoid a major food security crisis, I call on the international community to design and implement a three-tier plan.

First, attempts to restrict food exports, which some countries have already given in to, must be resisted. These only reduce availability and increase prices. The United States, the Group of 20 (G-20) and the World Trade Organization must step forward and endorse policies on export restrictions. It is self-defeating in a crisis that affects all countries to be building barriers.

Second, I call on the United States, the G-20 and the World Food Programme to co-ordinate a food security policy response aimed at both low- and middle-income countries. Maintaining food supply and avoiding price inflation should be at the heart of this response.

Finally, the United States and the European Union should establish a dedicated emergency fund to help the Middle East avoid a severe food crisis; otherwise, starvation may spark a new migration flow to Europe and further destabilize the region. Explicit warnings came recently from Arif Husain, the World Food Programme’s chief economist.

Food security is becoming a global crisis requiring a coordinated global response. It would be a tragedy upon a tragedy if our efforts to beat the covid-19 epidemic eventually gave way to mass starvation and migration, the effects of which would be felt for generations.