• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

That huge decision will have to include dismantling the current sectarian state and confessional.

The very reason for the emergence of Hezballah and filling up the void left by the state in protecting and defending Lebanon is due to the sectarian state that divided the country along sectarian lines and does not regard people as citizens.

I will NEVER support Hezballah handing over its weapons to an army whose head is reserved for only one sect, even if the army is made up of 70% soldiers with Shia background. I do not care. I will also not support Hezballah handing over its weapons to a state with sectarian warlords who get repeatedly elected through sectarian electoral laws. When there is one just, able and functional state for all, then we can talk. There are conditions that just be met before a state that failed to protect its citizens can assume responsibility from those who have succeeded in defending the people. It is common sense. How can success surrender to failure and corrupt, sectarian politicians? It will never happened.
you are so funny and in the same time a real proof that we can’t trust you.
lebanon agreed to leave you with weapons after Taef to liberate south which you did.
But instead of handing over the weapons that we all covered, you are now blackmailing everyone and asking to take over Lebanon and ****ing the National Pact or Taef.

Well just in case you have doubt, the Constitution is not up for sale and we are not in agreement to change anything unless it is full partition or federation

So better for you to hand over the weapons and be aligned to UN and Arab resolutions or face your own people who will lack basic food to survive. More than anyone else, Shiaa will be hardly hit by the fall of the USD. Why ?

because most of Shiaa works for the Government and takes Lebanese Pounds plus African expats have put all their money in Lebanese banks that don’t exist anymore.
Sunni have Arab States and Christians have huge financial support thanks to their expats and political parties abroad.

So instead of pushing Lebanon to the wall and being cornered bu your own people who will not have anything to eat, better to hand over weapons and be in line with International Law

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
8h

سوف يأخذونكم من الازمة الى الازمات، ومن الشح الى الفاقة، ومن القلة الى المجاعة، ومن الضيق الاقتصادي الى الاختناق الكامل، ومن التركيع الى الاستسلام لا خيار لكم غير الصمود فاصمدوا، وان فعلتم فانكم لمنتصرون. العماد #ميشال_عون لا هوت ميزون - فرنسا في ١٧ شباط ١٩٩٦
He couldn't rely on them to do it so he did it himslef and this time 5allouh.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

What I love about GB the most is that he always lives up to my expectations of him, He knows what he wants and he goes after it no matter the cost. He has the lucidity to know his window of opportunity is very narrow and he set out to achieve his goals. Whatever it takes. He probably knows he will live out his days in exile,in one of those French Chateaux he inherited from a deceased relative, a rather happy prosperous life while his people dig up their graves with their bare hands. One cant but admire the man's sense of purpose.

Last edited:

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What I love about GB the most is that he always lives up to my expectations of him, He knows what he wants and he goes after it no matter the cost. He has the lucidity to know his window of opportunity is very narrow and he set out to achieve his goals. Whatever it takes. He probably knows he will live out his days in exile, a rather happy prosperous life while his people dig out their graves with their bare hand. One cant but admire the man's sense of purpose.

Like father-in-law like son-in-law

Rafidi

Legendary Member
lebanon agreed to leave you with weapons after Taef to liberate south which you did.
But instead of handing over the weapons that we all covered, you are now blackmailing everyone and asking to take over Lebanon and ****ing the National Pact or Taef.

Well just in case you have doubt, the Constitution is not up for sale and we are not in agreement to change anything unless it is full partition or federation

So better for you to hand over the weapons and be aligned to UN and Arab resolutions or face your own people who will lack basic food to survive. More than anyone else, Shiaa will be hardly hit by the fall of the USD. Why ?

because most of Shiaa works for the Government and takes Lebanese Pounds plus African expats have put all their money in Lebanese banks that don’t exist anymore.
Sunni have Arab States and Christians have huge financial support thanks to their expats and political parties abroad.

So instead of pushing Lebanon to the wall and being cornered bu your own people who will not have anything to eat, better to hand over weapons and be in line with International Law

Dream on.

So we dont have food, and you want to take away our weapons too. What guaranty do we have after you take the weapons we would have food and there wont be another demand?

We arent handing over weapons to corrupt people and sectarian bigots. There will never be any handing over until there is a capable state for all based on citizenship. The weapons appeared and people exercised their right to defend themselves because the foundations of the sectarian failed. Now, you want people who succeeded in protection and defending their land to surrender to those who failed. Are you really dreaming? Dont you realize your entire demands are nothing but empty dreams and your noismaking a needless burden.

No one is asking you to change anything. Implement Taef fully and establish a civil state today before tomorrow. We already have a roadmap in Taef which ended the civil with the promise to establish a civil state. When you ask for federalism to further divide our land to satisfy your sectarian and racist urges, younare the one introducing something new that doesnt exist in any document or agreement. If you want federalism, or partition or whatever system, would you agree to a referendum and a population census? Otherwise, I, as a Lebanese and as a Shia would not be content even with federalism and partition and I will not even be content with anything but the entire Lebanon from Tripoli to Naqoora and the restoration of the Shia Lebanon pre Mamluk and pre Crusader days. Sunnis should leave to Turkey and Maronites to Syria (where most of you came from) or Canada. We will take it all and beat you till you can no longer cry. We arent scared of you and we arent scared of your threats of war or suffering or hunger. We had nothing and we got to this stage where our oppressors, internal and external are terrified by our might. If you want to sound stupid and extreme, we have lot more of those in store than you do. Try to understand there are legitimate demands and dont act and talk stupid, more than your capacity, so we can at least hear ourselves and not use language of threats and counter threats, which will only pave way for your destruction and not ours.

Dream on.

So we dont have food, and you want to take away our weapons too. What guaranty do we have after you take the weapons we would have food and there wont be another demand?

We arent handing over weapons to corrupt people and sectarian bigots. There will never be any handing over until there is a capable state for all based on citizenship. The weapons appeared and people exercised their right to defend themselves because the foundations of the sectarian failed. Now, you want people who succeeded in protection and defending their land to surrender to those who failed. Are you really dreaming? Dont you realize your entire demands are nothing but empty dreams and your noismaking a needless burden.

No one is asking you to change anything. Implement Taef fully and establish a civil state today before tomorrow. We already have a roadmap in Taef which ended the civil with the promise to establish a civil state. When you ask for federalism to further divide our land to satisfy your sectarian and racist urges, younare the one introducing something new that doesnt exist in any document or agreement. If you want federalism, or partition or whatever system, would you agree to a referendum and a population census? Otherwise, I, as a Lebanese and as a Shia would not be content even with federalism and partition and I will not even be content with anything but the entire Lebanon from Tripoli to Naqoora and the restoration of the Shia Lebanon pre Mamluk and pre Crusader days. Sunnis should leave to Turkey and Maronites to Syria (where most of you came from) or Canada. We will take it all and beat you till you can no longer cry. We arent scared of you and we arent scared of your threats of war or suffering or hunger. We had nothing and we got to this stage where our oppressors, internal and external are terrified by our might. If you want to sound stupid and extreme, we have lot more of those in store than you do. Try to understand there are legitimate demands and dont act and talk stupid, more than your capacity, so we can at least hear ourselves and not use language of threats and counter threats, which will only pave way for your destruction and not ours.

you see, your talk is completely aligned to Israeli. This is the way they think and act. What’s the difference between your talk and their talk? None

the rationale for weapons is the fight against Israel, but this base doesn’t exist anymore so now it is shifting to demands to conquer Lebanon

We died for Lebanon and you know this, during civil war the power of the Muslims militia were nowhere near the ones from Christian militias which were supported by Israel and later Iraq. What’s the result ? We lost and no one won.
So you are mistaken if you think you can win a military battle and I know HA doesn’t think that way, only you dream of something similar because you believe that your firepower outweighs potential resistance from the other part.
The minute you launch a civil war, regional countries will be called on ranging from Israel to Saudi.

so please stop this BS and stick to our constitution that came after 150.000 deaths and martyrsfrom all sides.
I want a civil state more than you and only your regions and parties are all but secular.

no one is threatening you if hunger, you are the one who created this situation

We as Christian have massive financial bases outside of Lebanon and most of the people in country are relying on these starting with the Church or Catholic schools that by the way you keep attending and loving. Be my guest, aim of these schools is to spread our values

Shiaà were all put as State employees as Berri was injecting them at any cost. The other wealthy Shiaa in Africa have ALL their cash in Lebanon. Iran is ruined and Saudi won’t give a penny

the only way is for Christian to start again sending money from US, Europe or Gulf countries but we all stopped a year ago and no one will inject any new Dollar in Lebanon.

as many Lebanese I do have relatives and buffers abroad and I will not put a single penny in local banks that are feeding a corrupt State.

you want a clean country ? Start electing a new Head of Chamber or rotate the Finance ministry.
You are illogical and will end up begging the IMF or the US soon for food.

My suggestion is to seat on a table and amend our constitution in a way that saves everyone as there is still a window for that

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
8h

سوف يأخذونكم من الازمة الى الازمات، ومن الشح الى الفاقة، ومن القلة الى المجاعة، ومن الضيق الاقتصادي الى الاختناق الكامل، ومن التركيع الى الاستسلام لا خيار لكم غير الصمود فاصمدوا، وان فعلتم فانكم لمنتصرون. العماد #ميشال_عون لا هوت ميزون - فرنسا في ١٧ شباط ١٩٩٦

Says the guy who fled to Paris...

Rafidi

Legendary Member
you see, your talk is completely aligned to Israeli. This is the way they think and act. What’s the difference between your talk and their talk? None

the rationale for weapons is the fight against Israel, but this base doesn’t exist anymore so now it is shifting to demands to conquer Lebanon

We died for Lebanon and you know this, during civil war the power of the Muslims militia were nowhere near the ones from Christian militias which were supported by Israel and later Iraq. What’s the result ? We lost and no one won.
So you are mistaken if you think you can win a military battle and I know HA doesn’t think that way, only you dream of something similar because you believe that your firepower outweighs potential resistance from the other part.
The minute you launch a civil war, regional countries will be called on ranging from Israel to Saudi.

so please stop this BS and stick to our constitution that came after 150.000 deaths and martyrsfrom all sides.
I want a civil state more than you and only your regions and parties are all but secular.

no one is threatening you if hunger, you are the one who created this situation

We as Christian have massive financial bases outside of Lebanon and most of the people in country are relying on these starting with the Church or Catholic schools that by the way you keep attending and loving. Be my guest, aim of these schools is to spread our values

Shiaà were all put as State employees as Berri was injecting them at any cost. The other wealthy Shiaa in Africa have ALL their cash in Lebanon. Iran is ruined and Saudi won’t give a penny

the only way is for Christian to start again sending money from US, Europe or Gulf countries but we all stopped a year ago and no one will inject any new Dollar in Lebanon.

as many Lebanese I do have relatives and buffers abroad and I will not put a single penny in local banks that are feeding a corrupt State.

you want a clean country ? Start electing a new Head of Chamber or rotate the Finance ministry.
You are illogical and will end up begging the IMF or the US soon for food.

My suggestion is to seat on a table and amend our constitution in a way that saves everyone as there is still a window for that

You are a sectarian extremist. And you are been replied in kind. The entire universe would be of no avail to you if you start an internal confrontation. The entire world did not avail the Sunni terrorists in Syria. It wont be any different in Lebanon. When you get regional or foreign countries to back you in internal issues, we would have backing from Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iran, Yemen, and Iraq. What you are doing right now is to push forward foreign demands and act as footsoldiers for rue enemies. We wont yield and you wint succeed. We arent scared of war, internal or external, we arent scared of your threats of hunger and deprivation. We are used to all those. Our history is replete with instances of those and we have survived. At our strongest, dont expect to win or imagine threats can work where war didnt. Just imagine if your likes had accumulated power. We would have been treated as expendables. We have been very level headed, fair, patriotic, nationalistic and playing within the rules. So do not push your luck too far and gamble with your future by making demands that not even you believe would be met. You are gambling with your future. If you push too far with senseless arguments and wasting my time the block button is there. It saves my time from stupid arguments.

Your entire aim in posting is always calling for peace with Israheell. The question is at what price. Lets not beat around and keep jumping from one topic to another. Will you house the Palestinian refugees in your village? The South will NEVER be a Palestinian homeland in any form or way. What is your solution?

Last edited:
What I love about GB the most is that he always lives up to my expectations of him, He knows what he wants and he goes after it no matter the cost. He has the lucidity to know his window of opportunity is very narrow and he set out to achieve his goals. Whatever it takes. He probably knows he will live out his days in exile,in one of those French Chateaux he inherited from a deceased relative, a rather happy prosperous life while his people dig up their graves with their bare hands. One cant but admire the man's sense of purpose.
Well he still represents the largest Christian party and have the largest Christian block in the Parliament ;)
And he can still gather hundred of thousands of supporters...mistaken the one who thinks that the Tayyar is over.
I expect that after all the attacks against Christian pillars during this so called revolution that the Tayyar takes all seats in next elections regardless of the law

You are a sectarian extremist. And you are been replied in kind. The entire universe would be of no avail to you if you start an internal confrontation. The entire world did not avail the Sunni terrorists in Syria. It wont be any different in Lebanon. When you get regional or foreign countries to back you in internal issues, we would have backing from Pakistan and Afghanistan, Iran, Yemen, and Iraq. What you are doing right now is to push forward foreign demands and act as footsoldiers for rue enemies. We wont yield and you wint succeed. We arent scared of war, internal or external, we arent scared of your threats of hunger and deprivation. We are used to all those. Our history is replete with instances of those and we have survived. At our strongest, dont expect to win or imagine threats can work where war didnt. Just imagine if your likes had accumulated power. We would have been treated as expendables. We have been very level headed, fair, patriotic, nationalistic and playing within the rules. So do not push your luck too far and gamble with your future by making demands that not even you believe would be met. You are gambling with your future. If you push too far with senseless arguments and wasting my time the block button is there. It saves my time from stupid arguments.

Your entire aim in posting is always calling for peace with Israheell. The question is at what price. Lets not beat around and keep jumping from one topic to another. Will you house the Palestinian refugees in your village? The South will NEVER be a Palestinian homeland in any form or way. What is your solution?
You live on your own bubble and see anyone who doesn’t support eternal wars as a big traitor.
Peace is a religious duty before anything else and please call me peace extremist. War is a Sin and whomever kill someone will get judged badly at the end. God created us all humans equal. We are the first one who will get judged by God if we use weapons again to expand. There is no religious wars and the crusaders who killed are not following Christianity. God doesn’t need parties or people to defend him, he created everyone including Satan.

also please stop thinking that we would slaughter you if we had weapons, this is BS.We don’t need weapons to be strong unlike what you think. Strength comes from openness, soft diplomacy and today with money as well

peace with Israel could happen ONLY after they find a solution for Palestinians refugees and LEAVE Lebanon . You really believe that we can swap peace versus Palestinians presence ? Don’t you know our history with Palestinians?
You define enemies, you invent logics, you conclude wrong things and believe your own crap.

A

Rafidi

Legendary Member
You live on your own bubble and see anyone who doesn’t support eternal wars as a big traitor.
Peace is a religious duty before anything else and please call me peace extremist. War is a Sin and whomever kill someone will get judged badly at the end. God created us all humans equal. We are the first one who will get judged by God if we use weapons again to expand. There is no religious wars and the crusaders who killed are not following Christianity. God doesn’t need parties or people to defend him, he created everyone including Satan.

also please stop thinking that we would slaughter you if we had weapons, this is BS.We don’t need weapons to be strong unlike what you think. Strength comes from openness, soft diplomacy and today with money as well

peace with Israel could happen ONLY after they find a solution for Palestinians refugees and LEAVE Lebanon . You really believe that we can swap peace versus Palestinians presence ? Don’t you know our history with Palestinians?
You define enemies, you invent logics, you conclude wrong things and believe your own crap.

A

So wont it be wise and logical for Israehell to find a solution to the Palestinian refugee presence in Lebanon, before you preach about peace and who doesnt want it? Israehell hasn't shown any commitment to peace throughout its history.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
And how is this working out for the Christians in lebanon?
the Christians in Lebanon are doomed for a multitude of reasons, at the moment they are beyond help, no man and no plan can save them if they proceed in the direction in which they are heading. there is nothing but bitter misery along that path which leads towards extinction at best.

That huge decision will have to include dismantling the current sectarian state and confessional.

The very reason for the emergence of Hezballah and filling up the void left by the state in protecting and defending Lebanon is due to the sectarian state that divided the country along sectarian lines and does not regard people as citizens.

I will NEVER support Hezballah handing over its weapons to an army whose head is reserved for only one sect, even if the army is made up of 70% soldiers with Shia background. I do not care. I will also not support Hezballah handing over its weapons to a state with sectarian warlords who get repeatedly elected through sectarian electoral laws. When there is one just, able and functional state for all, then we can talk. There are conditions that just be met before a state that failed to protect its citizens can assume responsibility from those who have succeeded in defending the people. It is common sense. How can success surrender to failure and corrupt, sectarian politicians? It will never happened.

I agree with one thing. Handing the weapons has to be done through the parliament, but not a parliament full of sectarian warlords and crony corrupt business men. If and If the state becomes secular state that sees everyone equal and truly fights corruption then negotiations should start. I am against giving up weapons by force, it will only lead to a catastrophe.

However, I think HA will have to get into the negotiation table sooner rather than later if it wants to save face with the international community regardless of what their supporters think of them and regardless of any conspiracy against them. In the end HA is also a political organization not just a military one, it is part of the Lebanese state and it has to make a decision that would align itself with the Lebanese state. Saying sh*t like "I would choose the arms over my brother" or "next year we will be praying Jerusalem" will not help their cause, it will make things worse.

So wont it be wise and logical for Israehell to find a solution to the Palestinian refugee presence in Lebanon, before you preach about peace and who doesnt want it? Israehell hasn't shown any commitment to peace throughout its history.
I agree Israel doesn’t want nor need peace. Peace goes much more to the interest of Lebanon rather Israel and they know it

Peace will offer a huge window to Lebanon to prosper and focus on real important things in life : find medicines, do research, find ways to reduce pollution, etc.
So for God’s sake stop telling everyone that you are against Peace as ultimately the only party that doesn’t want peace is Israel and you are falling in their trap as they keep saying to the world that Lebanon doesn’t want peace. It is BS we need it more than them and they are smart people reversing the situation and putting us as a threat to them which we are not

HA weapons are not the main reason for our failed state. This is scapegoating. HA's politics are part of the problem but there are other problems we should consider. Our Fiscal/Monetary policies from the 90s are the major reasons why we are here today. Financial engineering and ponzi schemes implemented by Salemeh and Hariri created a cycle of corruption and because of the lack of real reforms and heavy imports has lead to the devaluation of the lira, hence people becoming desperate. How can you dollarize the economy while not having a plan to develop certain sectors that are beneficial to our economy? namely, IT, services, tourism and agriculture?

The only fault that HA's weapons has is that it scared away certain tourists and scared away GCC investments in Lebanon (yet, the silver lining is that if GCC investments were still going on today it would only feed the corrupt and keep Salemeh's ponzi scheme alive). Now that there are no more foreign investments from outside we are facing the consequences.