Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

I think you are either ignorant or silly. If a handful of southerners welcomed the Israehellis out of frustration with the Palestinians and ignorance, does that give you the right to generalize like a bigot?

There would be time for everything. Dont disturb yourself.

I believe that you are not contacting people; revolutionaries just hate the guts of Gebran Bassil and Hassan Nassrallah. And here I'm not talking about the traditional M14...

People are having negative views toward Hezballah and some even toward the Shia in general.

Your "shia shia shia" didn't help your PR at all; and most revolutionaries look at HA as the republican guard protecting the corrupt system.

And yes some lebanese will side with an Israeli invasion if it ever happened.

dyyyy

Kellon mish ya3ni kellon. FPM at that time did not exist as a party by the way

but now it is, w FPM is part of the system.

When Bassil and Ibrahim Kenaan casually say it that yes people's life savings just" don't exist anymore" did they even bother to explain how this happened and who is to blame?

When they talk about how deposits are sacred did anyone try to do anything when banks let people beg to take their own money?

Or this is nor as important as the Sel3ata plant and the Bisri Dam?

aw kamen Berri doesn't let them?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ya Rafidi ya habibi, don't take things too personal if someone criticizes HA. Yes I think it is unfair to label all southerners being happy of Israel coming in and occupying territory. A few were but most southerners were not very happy at all especially that Israel decided to occupy the south. I still remember the tales (from friends and relatives) of Israeli patrols in southern Lebanese towns in the 90s breaching people's homes looking for anyone with the resistance. I also remember that we couldn't see our family property because well it was occupied by the IDF and the IDF put so many checkpoints along the way harassing the locals.

However, HA are not immune to criticism. They have become strongly political and now they are protecting corrupt people under the excuse of protecting their arms. They are involved in wars that they shouldn't be in and they are taking decisions autonomously without the state's permission. You say that we don't trust giving the weapons to the army, tayyeb ok keep the weapons but let the state take decisions on foreign policies and focus on fighting corruption instead of hiding behind it.

Inta seret bayyad tanejer. How does the the subjects you are talking about relate to my post?

Who says HA is above criticism?

When you and others tell us that the state should take decisions and we should hand over the weapons to the state, and when, we, as a sect and as Shia political parties are part of the state, what exactly are you hinting at? Do you want us to resign from government and the affairs of our country and submit to others to please their interests? Do you mean that others - other parties and sects - are the state and we are aliens? What sort of mentality is that? No, dont deceive yourself. We are the state. Otjerwise, we can move out and let's see how anything would work in this country. Nothing will. We are part of it and it is part of us. The era whereby we were a marginalised group or powerless and can be victimized is long dead and buried. Smell the coffee. That era wont come back except over my dead bodies or over your dead bodies.

I've told you to stop talking shit when replying to my posts. I was not talking to you. You encroached and then started bringing in off topic to sound sensible. If you want to appeal to others and look good to them, do that not by replying to my posts. I don't want to block you. But you are just annoying and silly.

vicking747

المطلوب توطين اللاجئين من فلسطينين وسوريين وتقسيم بلوك ٩ النفطي وغداً الدولار ١٠٠ ليرة فهمتوا ليش المتواطئين خربوا البلد انها حرب بكل معنى الكلمة يا اصحاب السيادة
I agree and this is the biggest threat for Lebanon.
what we need really is :
- Return of the Syrian refugees straight away to Syria. Their presence is the BIGGEST factor for our economy problem
- solution for the Palestinians whether some go back to Palestine and other will go to Arab countries and Europe
- border resolution
- economic compensation from the wars with Israel and a neutral party to define who ones what

Yes our politicians are corrupts but this is not as impacting as the Syrians / Palestinians on our soil.
Most of the people are not even talking about the refugees and keep focusing on Bassil or other leaders

well done Israel, they are smart enough thanks to our stupid people to redirect the topics very far from real problems.
Tomorrow you jail all politicians and people think Lebanon will be a good country ? This will improve by 10% no more. Real problem is the refugees

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I believe that you are not contacting people; revolutionaries just hate the guts of Gebran Bassil and Hassan Nassrallah. And here I'm not talking about the traditional M14...

People are having negative views toward Hezballah and some even toward the Shia in general.

Your "shia shia shia" didn't help your PR at all; and most revolutionaries look at HA as the republican guard protecting the corrupt system.

And yes some lebanese will side with an Israeli invasion if it ever happened.

So that means your revolutionaries are a minority or just hired agents to cause mayhem. Therefore they should be dealt with decisively. I have once confronted them in Beirut. I was alone and they were close to 20. They were using their expensive motorcycles and cars to block a major road/intersection. I told them to their faces that they are using their own hands to destroy their own country and they should open the road and shame on them. If they're hungry, how did they have all the money to buy expensive vehicles and bikes to block a road? They got embarrassed and one of them wanted to physically assault me and I was ready to face him. Just a little cockroach feeling empowered by their numbers. He cant do anything to me and was depending on the fact they were in a group. He said I should keep walking. I told him no, I wont keep walking. This is Lebanese land and it is my ****ing country. I stood there. Later the army came in and opened the road. You are ****ing agents and mercenaries. The uprising is as good as over today. Focus on what needs to be done.

When will they go protest outside the US embassy? The US ambassador has given three interviews in less than a month on Lebanese TV addressing Lebanese. Who does she think she is? Can our ambassador or any foreign ambassador address the American people and instigate them and give directives to the US govt? Where is our foreign ministry to summon her? Nasrallah exposed her govt and its aim to starve Lebanese. She rushed to defend her govt. She heard of Chinese prospects to invest in Lebanon. She delivered a speech in the form of an interview to dissuade our govt from doing what is right for the Lebanese people. Her govt keeps sending emissaries with sugarcoated threats. I dont know which Lebanese leader has done three interviews within a month addressing the Lebanese people. Isnt it strange? Her interview last night was focused on Lebanese - Chinese relations and the prospects of Chinese companies investing in Lebanon. Isnt that a shame? How can a foreign ambassador give directives on who we should have business ties with? We really have a moral and national obligation to end our relations with the US and declare that ambassador a persona non grata. No past US ambassador was this bold on staging interviews to address a foreign population and govt.

You cant tell me you are a revolutionary and you let the declarations of that woman go untreated and feel it is normal. If you see nothing wrong with her declarations, then you are part of our problems and you should be treated as such and a solution found to your treachery.

We have one foreign country that is interfering in everything we do, from government appointments to which other country we have business ties with and that country is threatening us with hunger, poverty, instigating internal strife and killing our economy and that country arms and defend our enemy to the South that has threatened and attacked our country. The writing is clear. Our ordeal presently is a foreign war on the Lebanese economy. Yes, we have issues with corruption. But that foreign country doesnt care about fighting corruption. Most of her allies in Lebanon are the most corrupt and they are still finding ways to empower them. It is happy with the corrupt people in government, while its shameless ambassador was pointing accusing finger on Hezballah, the least or non corrupt party in Lebanon. She is really shameless. She has such nerves to make fake, baseless and insulting and rude declarations to the Lebanese people on TV. This is not acceptable.

Then there is another country try that wants to see its companies invest in Lebanon and build infrastructures and commission projects. The question to Mr Diab is what are we waiting for? If any politician is scared of offending America because of his dreams to become something bigger, then he is corrupt too. You are undermining the interests of the country for selfish ambitions. That is corruption. But of course, he might not know what is corruption. If our politicians dont know that being sponsored by friends and cronies with a private jet to attend a summit is corruption I wont expect them to understand that undermining our national interests for selfish gains is corruption.

We need electricity and functioning and operational infrastructure. The Chinese companies are offering us those. They must be welcome with open arms. And the cost would be less. The US is threatening us with hunger. If as a Lebanese you have an atom of self respect and an atom of pride in you, you will know what is the right thing to do. You will know what we are going through right now is politics and a foreign economic war and we must defeat it. I will not focus on any corrupt politician or any internal issues, when a foreign power has declared war on our country.

vicking747

If the Revolution started on good grounds, they ended up headless and without logic. They lost all credibility that they have.
Their hate against Gebran Bassil is suspect and I think 50% of them are actually Syrians and Palestinians who are racists, hate Christians and Shiaa.
This revolution is a revolution mainly supported by the foreigners on our soil and Hezbollah should focus with FPM on removing the 2 Millions illegal refugees. This is the REAL problem, not Israel, not HA weapons and not even Corona.

REFUGEES MUST RETURN TO SYRIA NOW !!!!!

vicking747

So that means your revolutionaries are a minority or just hired agents to cause mayhem. Therefore they should be dealt with decisively. I have once confronted them in Beirut. I was alone and they were close to 20. They were using their expensive motorcycles and cars to block a major road/intersection. I told them to their faces that they are using their own hands to destroy their own country and they should open the road and shame on them. If they're hungry, how did they have all the money to buy expensive vehicles and bikes to block a road? They got embarrassed and one of them wanted to physically assault me and I was ready to face him. Just a little cockroach feeling empowered by their numbers. He cant do anything to me and was depending on the fact they were in a group. He said I should keep walking. I told him no, I wont keep walking. This is Lebanese land and it is my ****ing country. I stood there. Later the army came in and opened the road. You are ****ing agents and mercenaries. The uprising is as good as over today. Focus on what needs to be done.

When will they go protest outside the US embassy? The US ambassador has given three interviews in less than a month on Lebanese TV addressing Lebanese. Who does she think she is? Can our ambassador or any foreign ambassador address the American people and instigate them and give directives to the US govt? Where is our foreign ministry to summon her? Nasrallah exposed her govt and its aim to starve Lebanese. She rushed to defend her govt. She heard of Chinese prospects to invest in Lebanon. She delivered a speech in the form of an interview to dissuade our govt from doing what is right for the Lebanese people. Her govt keeps sending emissaries with sugarcoated threats. I dont know which Lebanese leader has done three interviews within a month addressing the Lebanese people. Isnt it strange? Her interview last night was focused on Lebanese - Chinese relations and the prospects of Chinese companies investing in Lebanon. Isnt that a shame? How can a foreign ambassador give directives on who we should have business ties with? We really have a moral and national obligation to end our relations with the US and declare that ambassador a persona non grata. No past US ambassador was this bold on staging interviews to address a foreign population and govt.

You cant tell me you are a revolutionary and you let the declarations of that woman go untreated and feel it is normal. If you see nothing wrong with her declarations, then you are part of our problems and you should be treated as such and a solution found to your treachery.

We have one foreign country that is interfering in everything we do, from government appointments to which other country we have business ties with and that country is threatening us with hunger, poverty, instigating internal strife and killing our economy and that country arms and defend our enemy to the South that has threatened and attacked our country. The writing is clear. Our ordeal presently is a foreign war on the Lebanese economy. Yes, we have issues with corruption. But that foreign country doesnt care about fighting corruption. Most of her allies in Lebanon are the most corrupt and they are still finding ways to empower them. It is happy with the corrupt people in government, while its shameless ambassador was pointing accusing finger on Hezballah, the least or non corrupt party in Lebanon. She is really shameless. She has such nerves to make fake, baseless and insulting and rude declarations to the Lebanese people on TV. This is not acceptable.

Then there is another country try that wants to see its companies invest in Lebanon and build infrastructures and commission projects. The question to Mr Diab is what are we waiting for? If any politician is scared of offending America because of his dreams to become something bigger, then he is corrupt too. You are undermining the interests of the country for selfish ambitions. That is corruption. But of course, he might not know what is corruption. If our politicians dont know that being sponsored by friends and cronies with a private jet to attend a summit is corruption I wont expect them to understand that undermining our national interests for selfish gains is corruption.

We need electricity and functioning and operational infrastructure. The Chinese companies are offering us those. They must be welcome with open arms. And the cost would be less. The US is threatening us with hunger. If as a Lebanese you have an atom of self respect and an atom of pride in you, you will know what is the right thing to do. You will know what we are going through right now is politics and a foreign economic war and we must defeat it. I will not focus on any corrupt politician or any internal issues, when a foreign power has declared war on our country.
Half of these revolution are not even Lebanese. I went many times to DT and when you hear them, they are mostly Syrians.
This is a very clear invasion of Lebanon and HA must focus on this with FPM instead of going into stupid and endless debates on weapons or national pact. Once all clean, we would create a federal entities but for now we must fight the invasion of refugees

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I agree and this is the biggest threat for Lebanon.
what we need really is :
- Return of the Syrian refugees straight away to Syria. Their presence is the BIGGEST factor for our economy problem
- solution for the Palestinians whether some go back to Palestine and other will go to Arab countries and Europe
- border resolution
- economic compensation from the wars with Israel and a neutral party to define who ones what

Yes our politicians are corrupts but this is not as impacting as the Syrians / Palestinians on our soil.
Most of the people are not even talking about the refugees and keep focusing on Bassil or other leaders

well done Israel, they are smart enough thanks to our stupid people to redirect the topics very far from real problems.
Tomorrow you jail all politicians and people think Lebanon will be a good country ? This will improve by 10% no more. Real problem is the refugees

Our economic problem right now is as a result of the war on Syria. The very countries threatening to starve us and the very people trying to make Hezballah our problem forget easily about those who destroyed Syria and shut our only land border with Syria. Then, we got about two million refugees. Many of them are working in Lebanon and remitting dollars to Syria. When you have caused a war in Syria and you have indirectly and directly destroyed our economy, you have no right to make demands. And look at the UAE minister making demands about Hezballah having a hold on govt. Hezballah has a hold on govt because they are the single party with the most votes in the last election. We arent a monarchy. We hold elections. If you cant respect the votes of the Lebanese people, we do not need your dollars. Let us starve. And wont starve really. We just need to show the middle finger to some countries. Qatar did it conveniently. Even with a blockade, Qatar didnt starve. We can do it too.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
If the Revolution started on good grounds, they ended up headless and without logic. They lost all credibility that they have.
Their hate against Gebran Bassil is suspect and I think 50% of them are actually Syrians and Palestinians who are racists, hate Christians and Shiaa.
This revolution is a revolution mainly supported by the foreigners on our soil and Hezbollah should focus with FPM on removing the 2 Millions illegal refugees. This is the REAL problem, not Israel, not HA weapons and not even Corona.

REFUGEES MUST RETURN TO SYRIA NOW !!!!!

A Syrian told me that they will not return.

Do you know why they wont return?

While Lebanese cant access their hard earned dollars in their accounts, NGOs and UN agencies fund these refugees with dollars. Today, a refugees earns more than any Lebanese worker, while earns in Lira. They get funded in dollars. Our govt must stop that. Stop foreign agencies funding Syrian refugees in Lebanon. And these refugees at the same time are working in Lebanon and taking jobs from the Lebanese and competing with Lebanese labor and offering cheaper services. If any foreign agency wants to fund refugees, they should fund them in Syria. Not in Lebanon.

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

While Lebanese cant access their hard earned dollars in their accounts, NGOs and UN agencies fund these refugees with dollars. Today, a refugees earns more than any Lebanese worker, while earns in Lira. They get funded in dollars. Our govt must stop that. Stop foreign agencies funding Syrian refugees in Lebanon. And these refugees at the same time are working in Lebanon and taking jobs from the Lebanese and competing with Lebanese labor and offering cheaper services. If any foreign agency wants to fund refugees, they should fund them in Syria. Not in Lebanon.
Should Iran fund HA ?

vicking747

But I think it is not true. Syrians get USD but can only withdraw LBP and they are not getting USD notes.
but we urgently need to create an alliance and get the Syrians out

vicking747

Our economic problem right now is as a result of the war on Syria. The very countries threatening to starve us and the very people trying to make Hezballah our problem forget easily about those who destroyed Syria and shut our only land border with Syria. Then, we got about two million refugees. Many of them are working in Lebanon and remitting dollars to Syria. When you have caused a war in Syria and you have indirectly and directly destroyed our economy, you have no right to make demands. And look at the UAE minister making demands about Hezballah having a hold on govt. Hezballah has a hold on govt because they are the single party with the most votes in the last election. We arent a monarchy. We hold elections. If you cant respect the votes of the Lebanese people, we do not need your dollars. Let us starve. And wont starve really. We just need to show the middle finger to some countries. Qatar did it conveniently. Even with a blockade, Qatar didnt starve. We can do it too.
Yes this is the real intention and we are doing nothing to stop that.
You remove the 2 M Syrians from Lebanon and immediately our economy improves by 50%.
HA gave many martyrs in Syria, why dont they ask Assad to take them all back ?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Yes this is the real intention and we are doing nothing to stop that.
You remove the 2 M Syrians from Lebanon and immediately our economy improves by 50%.
HA gave many martyrs in Syria, why dont they ask Assad to take them all back ?

Assad has called for them to return. But you cant go after two million people and dragging them peacefully. You will have to use force and cohesion. You will have to compel them. That can be done peacefully. Cut the funding. They wont survive here. Stop businesses from employing them. They will go back.