Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

cedarheart

cedarheart

The question is why wait till now? Why did we not have livestock farms all along? We have poultries.
in the 90s when hariri sr went on an open war on lebanese agriculture and industrial sectors claiming that the country doesn't need them and can survive for services and tourism, more than half of the country were applauding him and his stupid vision
"experts" were going on tv to explain how these sectors weren't useful for a country such as ours... and who ever dared to disagree was labeled "old fashioned" and "living in the past"

and those who came after hariri sr weren't any better... the continued with the same policies without any real economical vision, they thought the national pyramid scheme can live forever

they all are responsible for what Lebanon is living today

• Advertisement
  • I

illusion84

Alain Bifani was the DG of the finance ministry for the past 20 years, he has witnessed all the atrocities committed in the theft of the treasury he now has 2 options:
    1-a coward exit: shut up and stay on the side forever
    2-a patriotic act: spill all the facts with numbers, names, and details of the past 20 years
    I think he already did point 2 few years ago ?

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The negotiations with the IMF are a water of time because Parliament will never approve the plan.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Don't be so sure that we would have had paradise if France has made us part of it cos the Umma would have most probably revolted against the kuffar France. We most probably would have ended up being like Algeria where corruption also rages but is more or less controlled by the army. France never knew how to build stable systems in their ex-colonies so I am not sure they can be taken for a role model.
    So what's the alternative?

latinorange

latinorange

in the 90s when hariri sr went on an open war on lebanese agriculture and industrial sectors claiming that the country doesn't need them and can survive for services and tourism, more than half of the country were applauding him and his stupid vision
    "experts" were going on tv to explain how these sectors weren't useful for a country such as ours... and who ever dared to disagree was labeled "old fashioned" and "living in the past"

and those who came after hariri sr weren't any better... the continued with the same policies without any real economical vision, they thought the national pyramid scheme can live forever

[/QUOTE

we need more rifa3is, candias, almazas...start manufacturing and forget imports
    we need more rifa3is, candias, almazas...start manufacturing and forget imports

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Also, the US will never let the IMF aid us. They will tell us to either starve or disarm Hezbollah.

oldschool

oldschool

The problem is even in the services department Hariri Senior didnt do much because his khaliji masters wanted Dubai to be the center of the region. Basically his model was all debt and some whorehouses for the arabs

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The problem is even in the services department Hariri Senior didnt do much because his khaliji masters wanted Dubai to be the center of the region. Basically his model was all debt and some whorehouses for the arabs
    Destroying the country was his mission.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    No you did not vote us in alone and we don't have the executive powers needed to flush all the dirt that has been accumulating since 1992. You voted us in along with a 30 years-old class of ze3ran and robbers, and every community up until this very sad day is ready to starve while defending the leaders who robbed them!

Bikaffik hal2ad I better go do something else than repeating obvious stuffs for those who want to understand.
    Ma khallouna :)

What a simplistic view. Everyone knows the parties are corrupt and will do everything to remain in power and steal. Duh.
    But...
    As a party either provide a solution or get the hell out, just to preserve some dignity.

I will tell you what happened though. The feeling of power, control of some ministries, the possibility of appointments started slowly feeling comfortable and numbing. FPMers, or the highly ranked settled and sold all the principles.
    There are still some gullible farfour believing in fairy tales, and in gebran bassil.
    Hopefully one morning, you will wake up without emotions and see things as they are.

Bikaddikeh al yom.

cedarheart

cedarheart

I think he already did point 2 few years ago ?
    he did (not sure if it was 2 years or more) and he did again few month ago but both times he didn't go far enough , probably to protect his income, or was afraid of something, or maybe even there are laws that limit what he can say...
    Now that that he is FREE he has a choice to make: be a coward and accept what happened to the country or provide all needed proof to put an end to the mafia regime

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    he did (not sure if it was 2 years or more) and he did again few month ago but both times he didn't go far enough , probably to protect his income, or was afraid of something, or maybe even there are laws that limit what he can say...
    Now that that he is FREE he has a choice to make: be a coward and accept what happened to the country or provide all needed proof to put an end to the mafia regime
    He is not free in the reign of the ruling mafia.

He resigned and rang a bell, incriminating however vague enough to safeguard his security.
    He clearly though included all the parties in power. If one of the strong parties had supported him, he clearly would have stayed.

They burnt him. Surely in a deal.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Have you ever seen a country more contradictory than Lebanon?
    Calling the US al shaytan al akbar one day, and praising it the next...

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

The question is why wait till now? Why did we not have livestock farms all along? We have poultries.
    Because you need money. Farmers lack a lot of capital in order to maintain a livestock and the banks don't finance farmers unless they take 100% collateral obligations. It is too expensive for a farmer to get a finance. The government on the other hand has not developed the agriculture sector.

For a farmer to be able to start producing goods he/she needs support from the government, for example better interest rates on financing, subsidies, less tax on imports of agricultural equipment/raw material, seeds, etc...

You also need a proper certification body to make sure crops are not tampered with and of course help in exporting our local produce.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Hariri Sr was always on about "services" same shit that Margret Thatcher did in the 80s with the UK, turned London to the service hub while other cities/towns suffered and the industrial/manufacturing sector suffered.

Plus Rafic Hariri wanted to give everything to his crony buddies and Solidere.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Also, the US will never let the IMF aid us. They will tell us to either starve or disarm Hezbollah.

No

IMF does not care about geopolitics. It's main purpose is to fund nations in need and it only cares how much it gives and if the country will be able to pay it back. We have to abide by their terms not ours so it has every right to ask us for the numbers and do due diligence before giving us the loan. I am glad they did this because it has exposed the liars and the thieves in our political class.