Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

• Advertisement
  • dyyyy

dyyyy

I am curious. I've felt his surname doesnt sound like a regular Lebanese surname. I'm fascinated.

And I have the right to ask and know. He is a civil servant paid from my money or stealing from my money. He has served in the finance ministry for 20 years. Some heavyweight must have backed him. And he bears a French surname. We deserve to know how a French man became a civil servant in Lebanon's ministry of finance, especially that France has a bad reputation for handling and interfering in the monetary and financial sectors of its former colonies. In Africa, former French colonies till use the Franc and it is printed in France and France keeps their foreign reserve and make them pay colonial tax. So I know it is not a french demand that we must have a french overlords in our finance ministry.
    Ok let's put my opinion aside, and the fact that the whole banking sector is against him now because he exposed them and he showed that every leader decided to sacrifice the whole population to safeguard the interest of the 1000 richest.

- If the guy just got his french nationality, it's OK to ask.. but accusing him based on his ancestors is racist !
    It's more logical for you to suspect him based on his studies in France than his family name.

- you have ministers in the government with an american passport, this doesn't mean anything.

- He was backed during the Lahoud presidency because he was the man against Hariri and you can't easily remove a civil servant (he was later backed by FPM), and he's not really that backed, the guy wasn't allowed to even speak publicly

- In all cases, his job comes under the ministry of finance responsibility, if there were any accusations against him, it was the minister's job to expose him and bring him to justice if needed.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Apparently they'll flood the market with Iranian and Syrian goods.
    Frankly let the food and medicine comes from Iran; the Americans and Saudis want to embargo Lebanon and wish us to side with them.
    Lebanon lived and even prospered when the west and Iran had to compete to win the Lebanese (the famous M14/M8 struggle).
    The Saudis turned their back and the Americans are causing us financial troubles; I say let us head east and I'm sure on our way there the west will start helping.
    But sitting idle and doing nothing is the worst thing that can ever be done at this moment!
    This is their dream come true

One more step in the take over, force the trade with iran, whatever that leads to, and starve the traditional businesses and trades.

Kteer batammin ... and the quality of the products is outstanding no doubt

I

illusion84

One more step in the take over, force the trade with iran, whatever that leads to, and starve the traditional businesses and trades.

I don't know if you live in Lebanon; if you do go visit the markets! There are no products!!!

Anyway that is the outcome of the American policy in Lebanon.

I

illusion84

Between no product; or product at 8000LL the dollar; I'm sure that many will prefer to consume Iranian/Syrian products.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    I don't know if you live in Lebanon; if you do go visit the markets! There are no products!!!

Anyway that is the outcome of the American policy in Lebanon.
    Yes Sadly I am aware.
    And sadly this bandaid solution is not promising.

Note that many products have no equivalent.

I

illusion84

Yes Sadly I am aware.
    And sadly this bandaid solution is not promising.

Note that many products have no equivalent.
    Yes try to change oil or tires for your car nowadays ! I've paid 500,000 L.L. for oil exchange when the dollars was 5000! Ya3neh next time I'll pay around 1 millions.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Between no product; or product at 8000LL the dollar; I'm sure that many will prefer to consume Iranian/Syrian products.
    even some of the local brands had a spike in prices.

I don't think Iranian/Syrian products will make any difference, they will still be very expensive because all of this will paid in USD.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ok let's put my opinion aside, and the fact that the whole banking sector is against him now because he exposed them and he showed that every leader decided to sacrifice the whole population to safeguard the interest of the 1000 richest.

- If the guy just got his french nationality, it's OK to ask.. but accusing him based on his ancestors is racist !
    It's more logical for you to suspect him based on his studies in France than his family name.

- you have ministers in the government with an american passport, this doesn't mean anything.

- He was backed during the Lahoud presidency because he was the man against Hariri and you can't easily remove a civil servant (he was later backed by FPM), and he's not really that backed, the guy wasn't allowed to even speak publicly

- In all cases, his job comes under the ministry of finance responsibility, if there were any accusations against him, it was the minister's job to expose him and bring him to justice if needed.
    wlek 3aylit berri kella amerkeniye w houwe le72o al esmo alain frensewe allah yse3id

NewLeb

NewLeb

The Shia duo are all barks and no bites!

The Americans have their way even though the duo have a majority with FPM!

Let them admit defeat and stop pretending; maybe the $ will go back to 4 or 5 thousands L.L.
    I think they’re learning an important lesson: it wouldn’t matter if Lebanon was 99% Shiite...quality over quantity!

I

illusion84

دياب: اؤكد عزم لبنان على التعاون لتخفيف معاناة النازحين السوريين

What about the Lebanese ?

M14 and the pro Americans were nagging about the transfer of gasoline to Syria; what about the Bread and the Gasoline consumed by the Syrian refugees ? So the refugees get to buy bread and Gas at 1500L.L. the dollar and the Lebanese who own the dollars have to buy it at 8000 and 9000 L.L.?

The refugees get a free education using the Lebanese public schools while the Lebanese can't enrol their children as the schools are full ?

The Americans want us to have 2,000,000 refugees for years while they will not accept few thousands of them and at the same time apply sanctions on Lebanon?

The problem with Lebanon and the Lebanese politicians is that no one of them have balls; even the Shia duo are spineless and Fakhouri and Sheah cases showed how weak they are!

NewLeb

NewLeb

bas wein el quality ?
    Look at the individual sect.

I’ve always argued that Lebanese sects should stick to what they’re best at, which would result in a healthy symbiotic relationship for the whole country.

Hezbollah and its Shiite followers do an exceptional job in acting in the capacity of Lebanon’s paramilitary force. But they’re simply not effective when it comes to the finance/economic sector, which is why I’d leave that expertise to the Christians, as they’re the most educated and well-versed group in Western economics.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    US presidents kill people in other countries like birds or for sport and they are never brought to justice for their crimes against humanity. Maybe the Iranians are being idealistic.
    Kill terrorists*

Or, as I like to say, BBQ farareej, like Suleimani. Extra crispy

I

illusion84

Look at the individual sect.

I’ve always argued that Lebanese sects should stick to what they’re best at, which would result in a healthy symbiotic relationship for the whole country.

Hezbollah and its Shiite followers do an exceptional job in acting in the capacity of Lebanon’s paramilitary force. But they’re simply not effective when it comes to the finance/economic sector, which is why I’d leave that expertise to the Christians, as they’re the most educated and well-versed group in Western economics.
    Well they did good abroad ; in Africa and South America ; they made a lot of money.

Usually they are good traders but very few are able to make the transition from traditional traders to business men.

As for the christians; if they were that good we wouldn't witness the current financial collapse! As the christians are in control of the banking sector.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well they did good abroad ; in Africa and South America ; they made a lot of money.

Usually they are good traders but very few are able to make the transition from traditional traders to business men.

As for the christians; if they were that good we wouldn't witness the current financial collapse! As the christians are in control of the banking sector.
    Christians do not control the banking sector. Most banks are majority owned by muslim persons and/or Gulf countries, funds or persons. BLOM/Audi/Bank of Beirut/Credit Libanais/Bankmed/Fransabank/BLC.

Last edited:
    Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter

I'm as anti-Iran as it can get, politically and hate their militias and proxies ... but as an average unemployed poor Lebanese citizen, I'd welcome any help of goods at cheap prices... I don't give a crap about the Iran vs USA or whatever influence any of these have in Lebanon if I'm starving.

The dumb policies of US/Gulf countries towards Lebanon are exactly whats throwing Lebanon into the complete control of Iran.