Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
illi biyesma3ak ya walid, he thinks we are in heaven but we don't know what we want. The problems are very simple. Rakez shway. The thieves are happy and comfi. they transferred their money and BDL will not provide their names. Rouh Balit elbaher. Tili3 ma3ak elha2 3layi. But now people are begging for money to feed their families and educate their children. My accounts in Lebanon have dried up. Please try your best as it seems you are smarter than me, and never invested in Lebanon.
If you think it is always someone else’s fault, then yes you are part of the problem. I made some choices of what to invest where, but I certainly asked experts to help me make my decisions. I don’t buy things before researching, I don’t invest where i don’t understand and I don’t ask others to do things for me where I am an expert at the subject matter.
Burning banks doesn’t return your money. Stopping dams and power plans doesn’t build your economy. Going after Gebran Bassil does not show you who transferred money abroad, and going after Samy Gemayel doesn’t show you who stole what and how much in the last 30 years. But if you think you know how to do that, by all means continue.

• Advertisement
  • lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you think it is always someone else’s fault, then yes you are part of the problem. I made some choices of what to invest where, but I certainly asked experts to help me make my decisions. I don’t buy things before researching, I don’t invest where i don’t understand and I don’t ask others to do things for me where I am an expert at the subject matter.
    Burning banks doesn’t return your money. Stopping dams and power plans doesn’t build your economy. Going after Gebran Bassil does not show you who transferred money abroad, and going after Samy Gemayel doesn’t show you who stole what and how much in the last 30 years. But if you think you know how to do that, by all means continue.
    You don't care about Lebanon or the rest. I haven't mentioned Bassil in any posts but you are clapping for him and need to display him as a victim. So you don't even read the post like you did on the electricity thread. Haki fadi.
    I attacked HA. They can do something. Gebran is nuetral just happy to be where he is. No taste or plan.
    When it comes to money don't trust the experts. Even professors at University make a simple living. I invest mostly overseas but you still have to help your family. But how can you when banks steal your money and people stop paying lease contracts? Western Union don't transfer anymore... I have the least of the problems.. you must have been trained well as a boy scout. You listen and obey. Congrats.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You don't care about Lebanon or the rest. I haven't mentioned Bassil in any posts but you are clapping for him and need to display him as a victim. So you don't even read the post like you did on the electricity thread. Haki fadi.
    I attacked HA. They can do something. Gebran is nuetral just happy to be where he is. No taste or plan.
    When it comes to money don't trust the experts. Even professors at University make a simple living. I invest mostly overseas but you still have to help your family. But how can you when banks steal your money and people stop paying lease contracts? Western Union don't transfer anymore... I have the least of the problems.. you must have been trained well as a boy scout. You listen and obey. Congrats.
    Ridiculous... that is what you are... I rest my case. Go make the dollar or the euro your currency...
    and pray stupidity doesn’t hurt...

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Have we solved the electricity yet ? or we have grown our horizon and decimated the entire economy.
    Bahleh, what does this have to with having another country currency as your currency. have you ever heard of monetary policy? of course not, it shows from your posts that you are a train just running and honking.

Last edited:
    V

Viral

Bahleh, what does this have to with having another country currency as your currency. have you ever heard of monetary policy? of course not, it shows from your posts that you are a train just running and honking.
    Toot Tooooooooooooot:lol::lol::lol:

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    From where will you get enough dollars or Euros?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Flashing words you Google. Khalik 3la 32letak. Gebran and @walido expect you to start growing your own produce by hand. Yalla show us how that works. You have to compete with the Syrian farmers who live on tomato and onion sandwiches. The Farming ministry probably doesn't get a budget to start with. So he was never serious. It would be great if they promote new ways to grow produce in controlled environments like many modern producers. But that requires brains .

Last edited:
    lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    From where will you get enough dollars or Euros?
    Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    We need to stamp out corruption. You have to join a movement to end this farce. Everything else will be fixed overnight. We can sell gold if we have to and before they start sharing it . You cannot keep loosing money and defending corrupt institutions. Something has to give. That's what the international community is saying. We still want an easy way out.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Flashing words you Google. Khalik 3la 32letak. Gebran and @walido expect you to start growing your own produce by hand. Yalla show us how that works. You have to compete with the Syrian farmers who live on tomato and onion sandwiches. The Farming ministry probably doesn't get a budget to start with. So he was never serious. It would be great if they promote new ways to grow produce in controlled environments like many modern producers. But that requires brains .
    Why do you insist on adding my name to bassil’s? And why is it that you react in such a defensive way when someone tells you what you are proposing doesn’t work?
    Finally, what do you care what Bassil says? Our friend and fellow forum member Myso has been telling us to farm for months now, and he dislikes Bassil with a vengeance... should he change his mind now that Bassil seems to think in a similar manner? Do you realise how silly that line of thinking is?

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "The top 1% richest adults receives approximately a quarter of the total national income, placing Lebanon among the most unequal countries in the World.. The bottom 50% of the population is left with 10% of total national income."
    I wonder how much tax the top 1% actually pay? .... No politician will mention this because it may affect them..

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why do you insist on adding my name to bassil’s? And why is it that you react in such a defensive way when someone tells you what you are proposing doesn’t work?
    Finally, what do you care what Bassil says? Our friend and fellow forum member Myso has been telling us to farm for months now, and he dislikes Bassil with a vengeance... should he change his mind now that Bassil seems to think in a similar manner? Do you realise how silly that line of thinking is?
    I only added Bassil because you insisted. Again i dont think he is serious..

dyyyy

dyyyy

I don't agree with @lebnan_lilkel on such a drastic measure,
    but for information's sake, it's not something impossible, Zimbabwe has done this in 2015, there was so much hyperinflation that they canceled their own currency.
    Zimbabwe ditches its all but worthless currency

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We need to stamp out corruption. You have to join a movement to end this farce. Everything else will be fixed overnight. We can sell gold if we have to and before they start sharing it . You cannot keep loosing money and defending corrupt institutions. Something has to give. That's what the international community is saying. We still want an easy way out.
    We need to stamp out corruption. YES

You have to join a movement to end this farce.
    YES

Everything else will be fixed overnight. NOT LIKELY

We can sell gold if we have to and before they start sharing it . BAD IDEA IMO

You cannot keep loosing money and defending corrupt institutions. Something has to give. WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 30 YEARS, WHAT HAS TO GIVE IS SUPPORTING PLANS NOT PEOPLE, PROJECTS NOT PARTIES (LIKE DAMS, POWER PLANTS, POWER SHIPS UNTIL PLANTS ARE BUILT ETC...)

That's what the international community is saying. We still want an easy. THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY WANTS MUCH MORE, THE QUESTION IS WHAT ARE WE READY TO GIVE UP AND IF WE DO, HOW DONWE GUARANTEE WE WONT NEED ANYMORE HELP IN THE FUTURE?

V

vicking747

"The top 1% richest adults receives approximately a quarter of the total national income, placing Lebanon among the most unequal countries in the World.. The bottom 50% of the population is left with 10% of total national income."
    I wonder how much tax the top 1% actually pay? .... No politician will mention this because it may affect them..
    Worst, the 1% is mostly illegally acquired.
    If we had a Zuckerberg or a Bill Gates whom are having great enterprises that give jobs to million of people then great. But Jumblat, Berry, Hariri, Mikati, etc all acquired this money dishonestly on the back of honest people.
    they money should be blocked until an international investigation team completes a full audit.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    but for information's sake, it's not something impossible, Zimbabwe has done this in 2015, there was so much hyperinflation that they canceled their own currency.
    Its not ideal .. but people in Lebanon are living in Lala land. Corruption is rampant and we think that 50% of the population can support 1% forever. .. Ecuador and others did it too . We effectively were doing it by pinning our currency to the dollar. The banks and BDL found a way to steal USD's from the poor people. Now they invented the word haircut for a different reason. Just daylight robbery with a smile.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Please read what happened in Zimbabwe... you cannot simply use another country’s currency...

dyyyy

dyyyy

Its not ideal .. but people in Lebanon are living in Lala land. Corruption is rampant and we think that 50% of the population can support 1% forever. .. Ecuador and others did it too . We effectively were doing it by pinning our currency to the dollar. The banks and BDL found a way to steal USD's from the poor people. Now they invented the word haircut for a different reason. Just daylight robbery with a smile.
    Yes i agree, but there's so much more we can do before, at the very least an official haircut on the top 1% is more than fair but of course since our politicians are the 1%, they try to distract us with fancy words and turn the blind eye so people who don't understand what's happening think all this is natural

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Again, this is an emotional rant and not at all practical. You can peg your currency to another one, but you need reserves and a working economy that produces value (GDP)... you cannot simply stop using your currency and start using another, unless you are part of that other country and will neither suffer shortage nor divergence, political or otherwise... ba3den you give them too much credit, they didn’t invent the concept of haircut...

dyyyy

dyyyy

Please read what happened in Zimbabwe... you cannot simply use another country’s currency...
    yes i know it was sooo devaulated that it was worthless, we're not there yet for now.
    ba3den you give them too much credit, they didn’t invent the concept of haircut...
    This invented this concept of haircut
    The haircut on the poor : The rich who can afford not to touch his deposits or can transfer them to his employees is intact and the poor who is forced to withdraw from his dollar account because he has no other choice pays the haircut.

I think Lebanon is the only country who have done this in the world.