Hassan Diab Government [IMF Negotiations Officially Underway]

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
We need to stamp out corruption. YES
You have to join a movement to end this farce.
YES
FPM was that movement for a long time .. I don't know how it changed.. Even listening to some MP's deflates me. They speak without conviction. Like it will never happen ..
Everything else will be fixed overnight. NOT LIKELY
Its a start but without sensible action , Lebanon's current credit rating is less than Ca. Meaning we pay very high interest on our loans and no further loans are possible. Extreme risk --stay away.
We can sell gold if we have to and before they start sharing it . BAD IDEA IMO
In a normal country yes. But the gold belongs to the people who lost their savings . Not the 1%.
You cannot keep loosing money and defending corrupt institutions. Something has to give. WE HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 30 YEARS, WHAT HAS TO GIVE IS SUPPORTING PLANS NOT PEOPLE, PROJECTS NOT PARTIES (LIKE DAMS, POWER PLANTS, POWER SHIPS UNTIL PLANTS ARE BUILT ETC...)
Who will provide the money and at what cost ? is there a business case for such projects ? Or do we make plants that subsidize power for the lazy and rich .. You live within your means but some of these projects are fundamental.
That's what the international community is saying. We still want an easy. THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY WANTS MUCH MORE, THE QUESTION IS WHAT ARE WE READY TO GIVE UP AND IF WE DO, HOW DONWE GUARANTEE WE WONT NEED ANYMORE HELP IN THE FUTURE?
Why would anyone invest 1$ in Lebanon ? I have a friend that has packed his bags and waiting for the 1rst flight to fly to the states with his family and for good. He was complaining and told me that Duct tape now cost 75000 lira ! lool ..

1595851854623.png

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    For people fooled by the word haircut ..

"A haircut is the lower-than-market-value placed on an asset when it is being used as collateral for a loan " .. Not lower peoples account value. Its to lower their borrowing capacity. not rob them of their savings.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Again, this is an emotional rant and not at all practical. You can peg your currency to another one, but you need reserves and a working economy that produces value (GDP)... you cannot simply stop using your currency and start using another, unless you are part of that other country and will neither suffer shortage nor divergence, political or otherwise... ba3den you give them too much credit, they didn’t invent the concept of haircut...
    Read further walid .. It works for them and gave them the stability they needed just like zimbabwe, ecuador,
    " Economic integration with the rest of the world becomes easier as a result of lowered transaction costs and stabler prices.[2] Rose (2000) applied the gravity model of trade and provided empirical evidence that countries sharing a common currency engage in significantly increased trade among them, and that the benefits of currency substitution for trade may be large"
    Start another thread so I can discuss it.

I don't think you understand what haircut means if you think the banks are right.

Last edited:
    dyyyy

dyyyy

A few month ago a group of lebanese people opened the website ش . م . ل هي أداة مصممة لمساعدتك في الوصول إلى السجلات العامة حول شبكات الأعمال في لبنان. يقدمها لك مطورو البرامج اللبنانيون الحريصون على تعزيز الشفافية to provide public information about lebanese companies and their network (they're relying only on publicly available information.)

The ministry of telecommunications decided to block the service. That's how much they're afraid of people being informed.

ش . م . ل هي أداة مصممة لمساعدتك في الوصول إلى السجلات العامة حول شبكات الأعمال في لبنان. يقدمها لك مطورو البرامج اللبنانيون الحريصون على تعزيز الشفافية​

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Read further walid .. It works for them and gave them the stability they needed just like zimbabwe, ecuador,
    " Economic integration with the rest of the world becomes easier as a result of lowered transaction costs and stabler prices.[2] Rose (2000) applied the gravity model of trade and provided empirical evidence that countries sharing a common currency engage in significantly increased trade among them, and that the benefits of currency substitution for trade may be large"
    Start another thread so I can discuss it.

I don't think you understand what haircut means if you think the banks are right.
    i am not discussing haircut, what the banks have done so far is not a haircut.I am discussing the idea of dropping the pound and using a different currency altogether like the US dollar or the Euro. And what Zimbabwe did was not use the USD, rather cancel the old currency and start a new one with higher value, which again is losing value per what I read... which just comes to show you how important it is to have an economy that creates value. Forget the political debate, I don’t care if FPM was something or wasn’t, is something or isn’t... i care about supporting the right choices regardless who makes them.
    Now the idea of abandoning the LBP altogether is not feasible. What we need is the economy to get shaken up, an inflation limiting strategy, a stopping of government subsidies and a crack down on corruption.

each of these needs a big action plan and a large popular support behind them... otherwise we will keep going in this infernal loop from hell

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    what does this have to with having another country currency as your currency. have you ever heard of monetary policy? of course not, it shows from your posts that you are a train just running and honking.
    Khabirni ... You think we have a monetary policy ? What policy.. write about our economic strategy.
    I enjoy train rides especially in London in the one without an operator. You are in a car with a drunk in the driver seat ? And you think he has plan.. that is very sad.

V

vicking747

FPM was that movement for a long time .. I don't know how it changed.. Even listening to some MP's deflates me. They speak without conviction. Like it will never happen ..

Its a start but without sensible action , Lebanon's current credit rating is less than Ca. Meaning we pay very high interest on our loans and no further loans are possible. Extreme risk --stay away.

In a normal country yes. But the gold belongs to the people who lost their savings . Not the 1%.

Who will provide the money and at what cost ? is there a business case for such projects ? Or do we make plants that subsidize power for the lazy and rich .. You live within your means but some of these projects are fundamental.

Why would anyone invest 1$ in Lebanon ? I have a friend that has packed his bags and waiting for the 1rst flight to fly to the states with his family and for good. He was complaining and told me that Duct tape now cost 75000 lira ! lool ..

View attachment 20152
    We will not invest a Penny in Lebanon as long as we do t take back our country from foreign axis

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    I don't agree with @lebnan_lilkel on such a drastic measure,
    but for information's sake, it's not something impossible, Zimbabwe has done this in 2015, there was so much hyperinflation that they canceled their own currency.
    Zimbabwe ditches its all but worthless currency
    Zimbabwe has a large mining industry, it exports it and gets hard currency no matter how low or high the salaries are, the metals have the same price anywhere around the world whether they come from Zimbabwe or somewhere

What does Lebanon have to export except brains, if a company wants to establish itself to make software for example in Lebanon, it would be very happy to pay employees in LL because that would be a low salary and then sells the software and a higher price but cheaper than what others companies do, they can also sell products internally at prices people can afford this growing a local economy and sooner or later the living wages wirll rise and the quality of life will ridse as well. This is how china has grown from zero to a superpower by devulating its currency and not adopting another country's money. Quantitative easing, raising and lowering interest rates are key to monetary policies and they occur based on the economy of the country. The Fed reserves does that for USD and basede on the USD economy. If you adopt another country policies, you will have no control over monetary policy and the needs of you economoy will not be met. The interests rates will rise or fall based on the US decisions and moeny supply and demand will be subject to some other country decision, ya3ni lilke a fly on a cow's tail.
    Not enough lebnen mlazzam it foreign policy, and defense policies to other countries, now fi train badd ylazzem the economic policy too.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Khabirni ... You think we have a monetary policy ? What policy.. write about our economic strategy.
    I enjoy train rides especially in London in the one without an operator. You are in a car with a drunk in the driver seat ? And you think he has plan.. that is very sad.
    If you have nothing to say, just don't say it. This is not a circus tatharrej hon.
    You want to have the Euro or USD as your currency how about you start by telling us where you want to get these currencies from and have them circulate in Lebanon... what are you going to sell to Europe or to the US so that these currency stay circulating in your market and dry up while importing goods from the outside.
    When I tell you mannak fihmen shi, I amtrying to walk you through the argument why you don't understand and I am asking you questions so that you can think and answer yourself and understand why you cannot do just use another government's currency, but instead of thinking you come back and play the clown.
    You are not worth the time and for that I am clicking on ignore, don't bother answering i won't see it. There are so much useless posts on this forum, I have few less to read now

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If you have nothing to say, just don't say it. This is not a circus tatharrej hon.
    You want to have the Euro or USD as your currency how about you start by telling us where you want to get these currencies from and have them circulate in Lebanon... what are you going to sell to Europe or to the US so that these currency stay circulating in your market and dry up while importing goods from the outside.
    You use your assets to buy back in new currency. What do you think they mean when they inject dollars in the market ?? Inti Bahli and think you have a case. Just remember that you started this tit for tat. That's what BDL are doing with the USD's from bonds. Worse , they borrowed money to inject. Nevertheless the gold is your only asset. Western investors will eventually get their money. The average Lebanese will be wipped into line to forget what they lost..
    When I tell you mannak fihmen shi, I amtrying to walk you through the argument why you don't understand and I am asking you questions so that you can think and answer yourself and understand why you cannot do just use another government's currency, but instead of thinking you come back and play the clown.
    What a waste of time you are. Just a person of low self esteem who abuses others thinking you made a point. Danny , You are looking in the mirror when you type and youre worth nothing in the discussion

SAVO

SAVO

so back to square one ..
    lot of distraction : iranian airplane , shebaa skirmich between hizbala and isrohell ..
    now lets back to the main debate .. economic and financial crisis

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    so back to square one ..
    lot of distraction : iranian airplane , shebaa skirmich between hizbala and isrohell ..
    now lets back to the main debate .. economic and financial crisis
    square one is pretty sexy lets stay here

Mukifesto2

Mukifesto2

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A few month ago a group of lebanese people opened the website ش . م . ل هي أداة مصممة لمساعدتك في الوصول إلى السجلات العامة حول شبكات الأعمال في لبنان. يقدمها لك مطورو البرامج اللبنانيون الحريصون على تعزيز الشفافية to provide public information about lebanese companies and their network (they're relying only on publicly available information.)

The ministry of telecommunications decided to block the service. That's how much they're afraid of people being informed.

ش . م . ل هي أداة مصممة لمساعدتك في الوصول إلى السجلات العامة حول شبكات الأعمال في لبنان. يقدمها لك مطورو البرامج اللبنانيون الحريصون على تعزيز الشفافية​

Hizbullahstan. Only the beginning baby.

I personally can't wait for the religious police.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Failed state, failed government, no electricity and so much poverty.

All the government cares about is blocking websites, censoring individuals and sending the cyber security thugs to harass citizens who ask for transparency on certain issues.

3ahd el kawe 2al.