Announcements Have you seen ? Live Feed

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
Hey all,

Some of you, but not everyone has been checking the new Live Feed of the forum.

Live feed is very similar to Facebook's news feed. It will display the latest activity on the forum related to posting, new threads, likes/dislikes, profile posts, status update, avatar update etc...

Screenshot of a live feed:

Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 1.24.03 PM.png

You can customize your live feed and display only in it the topics you're interested in. That way, the activity that is displayed will be related to the threads you've participated in and users you follow.

Hope you like this :)

Thanks,
Jo

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • RMac

RMac

Orange Room Supporter
    As individuals, We should have an option to take any member of the list where we do not want to be disturbed with his posts. Another words any time he posts something we don't see it

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    As individuals, We should have an option to take any member of the list where we do not want to be disturbed with his posts. Another words any time he posts something we don't see it
    You can chose to ignore a user by clicking on his name then clicking the button IGNORE.

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    if only you can show the pics and videos in the live feed :rolleyes:

Impera

Impera

Isn't it better to swap the Poll box with the Live Feed?

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not sure yet how many people are using the live feed or know about it.

Maybe i should do a poll about it ? :p
    make it the home page, increase the font size a bit and show the pics and videos posted (i know you can).

everyone will love it

Kizzeb2019

Kizzeb2019

You can chose to ignore a user by clicking on his name then clicking the button IGNORE.
    and how can I block him? so he wont be able to see my posts!? for instance there s a great user "hameed" surfing the forum and clicking the negatively rating my posts . it s funny:) but just to know iza fimenna

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    as of today feb 11

any idea why i do not seem to get an activity Alert
    and also live feed update (unless i reload the browser)

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    Still facing this problem ?
    The live feed is resolved , but the alert activity seems not to show on my live feed ( and top right screen flag counter) only from certain moderator, however it shows from other moderators.

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
    update your browser, if you have any bloatware on it remove them.
    I have the latest version, (if it is from the browser why would i get selective alerts and no alert activity from certain "user", however the live feed now is working fine.)

Hameed

Hameed

I have the latest version, (if it is from the browser why would i get selective alerts and no alert activity from certain "user", however the live feed now is working fine.)
    Those at the back-end of your browser have done a lot of restrictions to my account already ... they just love to screw things up. So anything is possible.

Impera

Impera

Live feed sometimes isn't updating unless I reload the page. I'm using Firefox 46.0.1.

Alerts are working, I often don't get alerts of some likes or mentions but that's not a problem.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    @Jo can you please solve this issue?
    I think you're the only one having this issue.

Can you try another browser ? as for the mention/likes thing, did you notice a pattern there ? Is it the same user mentioning/liking ? Is he on your ignore list ?

Impera

Impera

I think you're the only one having this issue.

Can you try another browser ? as for the mention/likes thing, did you notice a pattern there ? Is it the same user mentioning/liking ? Is he on your ignore list ?
    i have no one on my ignore list. And no there's no pattern.

As for the live feed, I'll try Google Chrome.