Health benefits after retirement; beginning of welfare state under PMA an historic step

Is the establishment of health benefits for life for the first time s major achievement for PMA

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Mostly Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Mostly No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • !Aoune32

!Aoune32

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is not the first time. There was a health minister in the 70s I recall maybe later or prior that announced this step. Unfortunately they made him resign. They didn't want it.

I don't understand. Why is it an achievement for the President not the health minister? Not everything that happens in the gov is due to PMA achievements. LOL
    Maybe because the health minister is busy working out plans for the electricity sector...

CrusaderV

CrusaderV

Orange Room Supporter
    Because this need an approval by government then parliament much more beyond a minister;
    It is not the first time. There was a health minister in the 70s I recall maybe later or prior that announced this step. Unfortunately they made him resign. They didn't want it.

I don't understand. Why is it an achievement for the President not the health minister? Not everything that happens in the gov is due to PMA achievements. LOL
    this

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I really doubt the Parliament would pass such a law.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Maybe because the health minister is busy working out plans for the electricity sector...
    The health minister is one of those who are in the right posts unlike most of the government ministers. It is everyone's job to questions plans etc especially when half of the debt has been the electricity file.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The health minister is one of those who are in the right posts unlike most of the government ministers. It is everyone's job to questions plans etc especially when half of the debt has been the electricity file.
    I would much prefer it if each minister did his job and left the questioning to the right institutions, from parliament to the judicial...

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

I would much prefer it if each minister did his job and left the questioning to the right institutions, from parliament to the judicial...
    Isn't his job to question? You do want accountability don't you??

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Isn't his job to question? You do want accountability don't you??
    A minister's job is to run his ministry. Question his staff, propose plans to improve his area... the parliament's job is to legislate and question ministers, question laws, investigate issues... the minister of health needs to work on our degrading health system, the issue of insurance and how we can offer healthcare to poorer people who cannot afford private insurance, th fact hat all he has done so far is worry about the electricity sector and plans is very telling!

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

A minister's job is to run his ministry. Question his staff, propose plans to improve his area... the parliament's job is to legislate and question ministers, question laws, investigate issues... the minister of health needs to work on our degrading health system, the issue of insurance and how we can offer healthcare to poorer people who cannot afford private insurance, th fact hat all he has done so far is worry about the electricity sector and plans is very telling!
    We are talking about how a democratic country is? We don't live in a democracy. We live in a dictatorship. All questions all anytime anyplace. The electricity sector is one of the biggest debt sectors in the country if not the biggest. 2 billion debt each year. We have had this problem since the 90s. It is his job in government to raise questions and the minister in question to answer.

Also, the minister is not in charge if private health insurance. He is in charge of the government sector of insurance not the private. The private have their own prices and you are free to join or not.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    We are talking about how a democratic country is? We don't live in a democracy. We live in a dictatorship. All questions all anytime anyplace. The electricity sector is one of the biggest debt sectors in the country if not the biggest. 2 billion debt each year. We have had this problem since the 90s. It is his job in government to raise questions and the minister in question to answer.

Also, the minister is not in charge if private health insurance. He is in charge of the government sector of insurance not the private. The private have their own prices and you are free to join or not.
    Your solution is precisely why we never get anything done... true the power sector was being robbed and mishandled for years, but now that new people took over (since Bassil), instead of letting them work immediately every woke up and started 1- blaming them for the situation 2- accusing hem of theft and corruption 3- blocking anything they were trying to do.... leish no one asked questions when it was a non FPM minister in charge, be it pre-Bassil or before Abi khalil?

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    2alla yestor, expect 5 year olds to be on retirement benefits

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Your solution is precisely why we never get anything done... true the power sector was being robbed and mishandled for years, but now that new people took over (since Bassil), instead of letting them work immediately every woke up and started 1- blaming them for the situation 2- accusing hem of theft and corruption 3- blocking anything they were trying to do.... leish no one asked questions when it was a non FPM minister in charge, be it pre-Bassil or before Abi khalil?
    Mch mazbout. I was speaking about the 90s till now all inclusive. I don't see any difference between the minister before and now. The file is still mishandled. Now that FPM has the file it should have been handled better but it isn't. We don't need to agree with everything the minister does. There needs to be accountability.

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Mch mazbout. I was speaking about the 90s till now all inclusive. I don't see any difference between the minister before and now. The file is still mishandled. Now that FPM has the file it should have been handled better but it isn't. We don't need to agree with everything the minister does. There needs to be accountability.
    you don't see any difference because aslan mech fehmen kou3ak men bou3ak not only in this topic but in all of them on this forum

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

you don't see any difference because aslan mech fehmen kou3ak men bou3ak not only in this topic but in all of them on this forum
    Enta li mch fehmen chi mn chi. Where is the promised electricity?? After 50 years with the same ministry you will have excuses why there is no electricity. Good luck sunshine!!