Help - Lebanon in the US

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
@Nonan

So how is your child doing the presentation? With a group of 5-10 yos, it's probably best if you go with visual aids. Preferable to reading material.

-Besides info about Lebanon, it would be nice to share village your from, some pictures or history, a bonus if there's any noteable family history.
-Lebanon excels (or excelled) in philosophy. The blog Lebanonism.com handles some of that, and I'm sure you can find some pics/quotes that make posters better looking.
-Lebanese oldies music
-Food challenge! Create two teams and have them compete in making hummus and fattoush. Requires adult supervision considering age of children. I did this with Lebanese and Israeli college students during a mixed event and it worked great!

I'll share some more ideas as I get them.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Nonan

@Nonan

So how is your child doing the presentation? With a group of 5-10 yos, it's probably best if you go with visual aids. Preferable to reading material.

-Besides info about Lebanon, it would be nice to share village your from, some pictures or history, a bonus if there's any noteable family history.
    -Lebanon excels (or excelled) in philosophy. The blog Lebanonism.com handles some of that, and I'm sure you can find some pics/quotes that make posters better looking.
    -Lebanese oldies music
    -Food challenge! Create two teams and have them compete in making hummus and fattoush. Requires adult supervision considering age of children. I did this with Lebanese and Israeli college students during a mixed event and it worked great!

I'll share some more ideas as I get them.
    يا ريت... I have to do it all. It’s not a presentation, more like a fair. There will be a dozen, maybe more, tables, one for each country, and also a central stage where some countries could do a demo (the Brazilians are doing a dance, etc.). The idea is to keep kids entertained for 2 / 3 minutes as they’d be rotating between tables and watching the big demos, hence the getting the, on wrote their names in Arabic, and showing them pictures, facts, famous people, etc. (And obviously, feeding them :).

The format (and kids age, elementary school), means anything complicated like cooking, etc. will be difficult to pull off.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    it is better to let your daughter select the topics of the presentation herself, ask her what she likes about Lebanon, and help present her own perspective. if she doesn't know much about our culture, it will be an opportunity for her as well to learn. you can start from the true multicultural Lebanese society, the multilingual Lebanese, the diaspora world wide, to their connections to their home country, their family ties, the Lebanese village, the atmosphere there, the nostalgia they all feel towards their home country, the snow covered mountains, the beaches, the churches, the mosques, the rich history, the Phoenicians and their perks, the present and its struggles, and the future and its hopes.