• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Question Help me find a song my late husband used to sing

Sal02

know i am in the wrong forum, But i just need help from a lebanese who is good at finding Music. You see there is a song i am searching for that My late husband always Said it reminded him of me. I never learned arabic enough to find the song Myself. I do not know anybody who Can help me. The video and song as i remember is a male Lebanese Singer, who sings about a woman with a cross around her neck. He is singing live at a restaurant or a cafe. Please help.

I am searching

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
know i am in the wrong forum, But i just need help from a lebanese who is good at finding Music. You see there is a song i am searching for that My late husband always Said it reminded him of me. I never learned arabic enough to find the song Myself. I do not know anybody who Can help me. The video and song as i remember is a male Lebanese Singer, who sings about a woman with a cross around her neck. He is singing live at a restaurant or a cafe. Please help.

I am searching
It would help to know from what era is the song? 80s? 70s? 60s?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin

I am searching
Is this it :rolleyes:

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I am searching
How old would your husband be if he was still alive ? Or when did he leave Lebanon...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

I am searching

Can't you give more details.
What nationality was your late husband?
if a woman is wearing a cross most probably this was in Lebanon ?
Did he ever told you what he loves about the song, what does it say, why it reminded him of you .... ???

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Did he ever told you what he loves about the song, what does it say, why it reminded him of you .... ???

should 7ashour, estez. Mawdou3 3ale2a zawjiyye, ye3ne between husband and wife, enta shou khassak be why the song reminded him of her?:oops:

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
should 7ashour, estez. Mawdou3 3ale2a zawjiyye, ye3ne between husband and wife, enta shou khassak be why the song reminded him of her?:oops:

To know the subject of the song in order to help.
You need watch more investigation movies
:p

Sal02

He was lebanese. He was muslim. I am Christian.

Sal02

He never told you what was it about ?
The story of the song ?

I do not really remember, the man sings about a woman he is in love with, she is wearing a cross, he says “ I love her cross that she wears she does not know that her god is my profet”...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It was new, modern, the man was in his 40 i Think
He would have Been 34, and He left when He was 8
I do not really remember, the man sings about a woman he is in love with, she is wearing a cross, he says “ I love her cross that she wears she does not know that her god is my profet”...

Sorry for your loss.

Do you have an idea, even remote one, of the name of the singer... you might not know it for sure, but you might know how does it sound, this will help narrow down the search.
Is the song slow like this one for example ?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@Sal02
could it be this singer ? Assi Hellani ?
He is lebanese singer, muslim and has a christian wife, so he could have made such a song, although I didn't follow his releases for ages.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello,

If we show you pictures of various Lebanese male singers, would you be able to identify the 'suspect'?

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
No, because The singer was not singing to a specific woman. He was standing in a restaurant in Libanon and singing for the crowed this song
Singing live in a restaurant...modern...by any chance guys its one of carlos' ? do not know much of his songs
looks like the guy in the photo?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181125-152250__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20181125-152250__01.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 9