• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Question Help me find a song my late husband used to sing

O Brother

Legendary Member
maybe you should describe how the singer looked like? did he have mustasch?

did he look this guy maybe?

Sal02

Singing live in a restaurant...modern...by any chance guys its one of carlos' ? do not know much of his songs
looks like the guy in the photo?

I really cannot remember much, that is why i am hoped someone would know it.. the man is singing in resturant. People are clapping. I remember a woman from the audience actually giving him a neck less cross and he wore it. The lyrics I remember such as but in Arabic “she wears a cross around her “sidra” she does not know her god is my profet”..

Sal02

Singing live in a restaurant...modern...by any chance guys its one of carlos' ? do not know much of his songs
looks like the guy in the photo?

I searched the man you send on youtube, I do not remember the mans looks. But the sound of this mans voice and the style is the same as the song I remember, only singing more slowely.

Genius

Legendary Member
Samra2 min qaoumi 3isa mawal maybe :p

what she is describing, the singing in a restaurant, and the topic, sounds more like a Reef dimashq style, popular, sha3bi like ali al deek

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I just spent like half an hour searching the terms in Arabic this is what I found :

He's not Lebanese though at least not that I know of

And this is another version with similar lyrics by George wassouf

Edit: here's another version as well not sure who the singer is :

The lyrics seem to be this:

قالوا تزين صدرها بصليب قلت المسيح نبيها وحبيبي أنا ماكرهتك يا صليب ديانة بل غيرة في صدرها الملهوف…

Last edited:

Genius

Legendary Member
I just spent like half an hour searching the terms in Arabic this is what I found :

قالوا تزين صدرها بصليب قلت المسيح نبيها وحبيبي أنا ماكرهتك يا صليب ديانة بل غيرة في صدرها الملهوف…

Good job ..
Did you search for sadriha? :)

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Also this is the closest I could find to a guy singing it in a restaurant:

O Brother

Legendary Member

مسيحية يا للأسى
لقد ضرني بأني مسلم
يفرق بيننا دين ويجمع بأني مغرم
تزين صدرها بصليب
فقلت المسيح نبيها حبيبي
انا ما كرهتك يا صليب ديانة
بل غيرتاً من صدرها الملهوب

Sal02

It is the second one ! The lyrics that is, But in the video He is singing live at a resturant in northern Libanon. The instrument Music is more “happy” though.

Sal02

Thank you so much. What is the name of the song ?