• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest,
    We have upgraded the forum, if you notice anything wrong or have any suggestion, please do write to us in this thread

Help with ogero processes

walidos

Orange Room Supporter
hey guys, was on the ogero website, it is probably the worse site I have ever been to... basically what I need to know is this:
I want to setup ADSL
The place where I need it is remote and none of the. Neighbors have landlines
Can I still install a land line?
If so what's the process and how much does it cost, and how can I make it something that will support fast internet speeds in the future?

Does anyone know?

Thank youuuuu!

opium

hey guys, was on the ogero website, it is probably the worse site I have ever been to... basically what I need to know is this:
I want to setup ADSL
The place where I need it is remote and none of the. Neighbors have landlines
Can I still install a land line?
If so what's the process and how much does it cost, and how can I make it something that will support fast internet speeds in the future?

Does anyone know?

Thank youuuuu!
What do you mean by remote? In your actual city/village are there fixed lines in other neighborhoods?
If yes, you can apply but it will take some time to install a new post in your area. Cost is nothing, maybe 65000 LBP for the application at Ogero.
If there are not fixed lines in your city/village. Check for Dary service with Alpha or MTC, they give solution for this by giving you a line at Ogero rates and not the regular mobile rates. But check on the below link if your region is eligible.

http://www.touch.com.lb/autoforms/portal//resources/files/darycoveragemap.view

walidos

Orange Room Supporter
What do you mean by remote? In your actual city/village are there fixed lines in other neighborhoods?
If yes, you can apply but it will take some time to install a new post in your area. Cost is nothing, maybe 65000 LBP for the application at Ogero.
If there are not fixed lines in your city/village. Check for Dary service with Alpha or MTC, they give solution for this by giving you a line at Ogero rates and not the regular mobile rates. But check on the below link if your region is eligible.

Thanks mate... I meant that there is no photo ne box in the building... I think there are definitely some some In the buildings around us... this dary thing, is it reliable? May be better than dsl if so!

opium

Thanks mate... I meant that there is no photo ne box in the building... I think there are definitely some some In the buildings around us... this dary thing, is it reliable? May be better than dsl if so!
If there are telephone posts around you. It will not be a problem and you will get you phone installed fast if you follow up your application at the POS.
Dary is only available in regions where there are no fixed lines. It is reliable because you will get 3g 4g speeds at DSL quotas.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

btw, the website has not been updated for an eternity. very disgusting that those who are in charge of bringing Lebanon up to speed with the digital age have such a website.

I have a friend who wanted to install ADSL and was the first in his town. They connected a cable from a nearby town to his house and speed was at max 30kb/s which is so low internet even by Lebanese standards.