Holiday Spirit: Share Your Culinary Christmastime Indulgences!

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
You... dislike... roquefort...?
oh rage, oh désespoir...!
Not only that, I visited the Roquefort Mecca, société and I couldn't even get through the tasting! Gave all my pieces to my husband and his friend :p

• Advertisement
  • SAVO

SAVO

only Lidl have french cheese here lol

fois gras is not our traditional food..

i dunno if it is negative or not ,but here we re so protectionist about our traditional food , at the limit of fanaticism..

btw i like french onion soup

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Man I don't understand the fuss with camembert whatsoever! It's my least favourite cheese after Roquefort and gorgonzola.
    I love the texture and aroma of it, and it combines very well with my favorite spirits (camembert + 14 Years Balvenie Carribean Cask = a very happy Dr. Eggnog). I understand why some people don't like it, though.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    only Lidl have french cheese here lol

fois gras is not our traditional food..

i dunno if it is negative or not ,but here we re so protectionist about our traditional food , at the limit of fanaticism..

btw i like french onion soup
    You guys can claim the tournedos Rossini, although created by French chefs it was thought of by an Italian :p

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not only that, I visited the Roquefort Mecca, société and I couldn't even get through the tasting! Gave all my pieces to my husband and his friend :p
    I’m sure they had no issues whatsoever :)

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I love the texture and aroma of it, and it combines very well with my favorite spirits (camembert + 14 Years Balvenie Carribean Cask = a very happy Dr. Eggnog). I understand why some people don't like it, though.
    It's the aroma I can't get past, but it may be just the camembert au lait cru that my husband loves that ruined camembert for me forever... That thing smells like feet and stinks up the entire house even sealed in a Tupperware in the fridge... The moment you open it to get anything the smell wafts through doors and walls and windows and everything.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You guys can claim the tournedos Rossini, although created by French chefs it was thought of by an Italian :p
    Italians have an amazing cuisine tbh. Simple and fresh... french is quite technical, only works if you master it

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Italians have an amazing cuisine tbh. Simple and fresh... french is quite technical, only works if you master it
    I'm not knocking the Italian cuisine there's a reason they're number 2 behind France :p

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    British... I think, hands down
    Germans do give you guys a big run for your money! Haven't had a single thing that tasted good in Germany other than beer and *some* sausages

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Germans do give you guys a big run for your money! Haven't had a single thing that tasted good in Germany other than beer and *some* sausages
    At least they have sausages, saur kraut and some dumplings...! Fish and chips in a newspaper? Really?

SAVO

SAVO

in austria instead u may find some delicacies .. they share the cuisine with the bavarians ..
    my top favorite is Leberkase . especially when u are extremely drunk :D

SAVO

SAVO

italian cuisine is Democratic .. more than the french one which is elitist