• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Holiday Spirit: What's Your Favorite Christmas Movie?

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
With Christmastime nearing and our spirits in desperate need of some lifting, I'd like to start a series of threads to help us feel a tiny bit of that Christmas cheer.

We (hopefully) all have a favorite Christmas movie. That film we watch every year. That film that conjures memories of cuddling up alone or with loved ones beneath cozy blankets, with mugs of hot chocolate warming our hands and glittering lights from the nearby Christmas tree reflecting on the TV.

It doesn't have to be a movie about Christmas - it could be any movie. The important thing is that it feels special to you, and that you're willing to share!

I'll go first. My favorite Christmas movie has to be The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). Written by Tim Burton and scored by Danny Elfman, two of my heroes growing up, this film has it all - catchy tunes, gorgeous stop-motion animation and a wonderful story. A great movie, and I'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

MV5BNWE4OTNiM2ItMjY4Ni00ZTViLWFiZmEtZGEyNGY2ZmNlMzIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDU5NDcxNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg

So, what's yours?

Orangina

Legendary Member
With Christmastime nearing and our spirits in desperate need of some lifting, I'd like to start a series of threads to help us feel a tiny bit of that Christmas cheer.

We (hopefully) all have a favorite Christmas movie. That film we watch every year. That film that conjures memories of cuddling up alone or with loved ones beneath cozy blankets, with mugs of hot chocolate warming our hands and glittering lights from the nearby Christmas tree reflecting on the TV.

It doesn't have to be a movie about Christmas - it could be any movie. The important thing is that it feels special to you, and that you're willing to share!

I'll go first. My favorite Christmas movie has to be The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993). Written by Tim Burton and scored by Danny Elfman, two of my heroes growing up, this film has it all - catchy tunes, gorgeous stop-motion animation and a wonderful story. A great movie, and I'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat.

View attachment 16029

So, what's yours?
thumbs up to Tim Burton's Fans
nice choice

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Sorry, is this even a serious question? "Le Pere Noel est une ordure" hands down....

And then you can indulge in all the Betisiers for new year's eve

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
PLENTY! Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year... so in no particular order:
Love actually
Miracle on 34th street
A Christmas Carol (aka Scrooge :))
The holiday
It’s a wonderful life (brava @IsaBells)

not a huge fan of home alone although itsba fun watch with the kids...

Love Actually is one of my favorites, too. The Holiday is a (not so) guilty pleasure.

A movie I'll probably be watching again this season is the first Bad Santa. Probably a bit dated now, but still a lot of fun.

badsantaf.jpg