How can Aoun redeem himself 2 years before the end of his term?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He doesn’t need to redeem himself, he needs to do what he says he wants to do: forensic audit, port explosion investigation results and subsequent indictments from both actions.
that would be a step forward.
regardless who is president next, they will only be able to make small incremental steps IF they intend on fixing the country not robbing it.
The overhyping of GMA and his term are ridiculous, there is absolutely no way to recover the economy in 1 presidential term.
I would have been very happy if small incremental positive steps were realized from his start of presidency.
There would have not been any revolution because people would have seen improvements even small ones.
Instead all we have seen is free fall.
As for overhyping! You need to ask jame3et El za2ifeh, and otv, and Bassil the brilliant engineer....
It can be argued about Aoun real intentions despite that at this stage I doubt them, but anyway he surround himself with the worst people, starting with Gebran Bassil

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You cannot recover the economy in one year, but at least you can help forming a new government which is the most urgent things needed now. You need a Government to Start implementing an International Financial plan, and today a Government is being blocked and delayed for extremely silly reasons by both parties btw, who seems to be completely oblivion of how serious and dramatic the situation is in this country.

Forsenic audit, port explosion investigation are not going to happen. It was promised that we would get answers in 5 days, it’s been 6 months now... Yes there is nothing to redeem, It seems surreal to witness that in a country sinking faster than the Titanic, adult And mature people supposedly in charge Of this country are delaying and delaying the formation of an emergency cabinet for reasons related to the number of ministers, the religion of the members of Government, the shares of each dude In the Governement, all this with zero concern for a dollar that is skyrocketing, a country that is slipping fast into lawlessness, insecurity, and total collapse. Poverty that is going to reach 75% of the population and massif exodus of people.

I don’t fear for the Muslim presence in Lebanon. Their birthdate is high, they emigrate less than Christians (proportionally to their population) and Although it’s sad to see Lebanese from all sects leaving like this, Muslims will always remain a majority in this country. I fear for what remains of the Christian presence in Lebanon. We are witnessing the 4th huge exodus of lebanese Christians after the WWI exodus, the 1975-1980 exodus and the 1989-1990 massive emigration. Half of those people who leaves will never come back. And you see people on TV telling you « who cares if the dollars reach 20.000« or « we can rule a country without a budget » or « We don’t need electricity Our ancestors lived without electricity » Well yes and our ancestors lived in grottos, why you people are living in palaces?

So I don’t think something can be redeemed anymore. Situation in my opinion will keep deteriorating And no Government will be formed till at least the next parliamentary elections, and then God knows what will happen.
The situation is dire indeed, and there is absolutely no trust amongst sects to enable a fast movement towards a stable economy and prosperous population. Hence what is needed is incremental positive steps.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
OK, but they kept hammering us for years that things will drastically change once Aoun becomes president, and they did everything to ensure that he does. Now that Aoun has proven to be a mediocre president, they changed their tune to "it's naive to think you can recover the economy in one presidential term". (Yes, I'm looking at you @Walidos)
I let hammering you that Aoun will magically improve things? I hope you don’t dream of me in your sleep because in real Life, this didn’t happen.
Edit: actually this is the handiwork of the silly LVV and Resign type people who for months trashed social media (or the forum for example) with artificial, overdone hyperinflation of GMA... only to come shortly after and bash the hell out of him and his term... the played the game, and you fell for it :)

Last edited:

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I would have been very happy if small incremental positive steps were realized from his start of presidency.
There would have not been any revolution because people would have seen improvements even small ones.
Instead all we have seen is free fall.
As for overhyping! You need to ask jame3et El za2ifeh, and otv, and Bassil the brilliant engineer....
It can be argued about Aoun real intentions despite that at this stage I doubt them, but anyway he surround himself with the worst people, starting with Gebran Bassil
I think there are few incremental positives, certainly not sufficient, but a few. and if we really want to be honest, the amount of undermining of very good plans has been exceptionally high.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
All this talk of Isla7 w forensic audit w maba3ref chou is akel khara
ma fi chi
that ship has sailed and the country is heading towards its doom.

The president should redeem himself in the christian street first and foremost.
A hystorical innitiative is needed.
I think at this point it is important for him (and not Bkerki) to put aside his HA alliance (without announcing it)
kick Bassil out and claim back FPM leadership
Call after the main christian leaders, mainly geagea, gemayel, Frangieh for a meeting

He should invite them to Baabda, ymalse7lon, give concessions if necessary
They need to brainstorm and find out what exactly they're fighting each for and understand how to resolve their issues
If the presidency chair of doom is the reason of the split in the christian street, then **** the chair
Aoun could very well be the last Christian president in Lebanon
The most naiive people ever are the ones who are happy for the 'fall of Taef'
thinking that getting rid of Taef will restore Christian rights
any new taswiyeh and agreement on a new system will be inbetween sunnis and chi3as at our expense
It is time to realize this immediatly
The country is heading towards an inevitable system change, if not soon then maybe in 10 years
between now and then there will be total chaos and the christians are exposed and in danger, even worse if they start fighting again.

At this point all i can ask from him is to ensure a christian unity before he dies, ma baddeh aktar men hek.
if he dies before uniting the Christians from his position as president, then he's going down history as the worst human being the christians have ever seen since the dawn of times.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
ma fi chi

I think at this point it is important for him (and not Bkerki) to put aside his HA alliance (without announcing it)
Call after the main christian leaders, mainly geagea, gemayel, Frangieh for a meeting

They need to brainstorm and find out what exactly they're fighting each for and understand how to resolve their issues
If the presidency chair of doom is the reason of the split in the christian street, then **** the chair
any new taswiyeh and agreement on a new system will be inbetween sunnis and chi3as at our expense
The country is heading towards an inevitable system change, if not soon then maybe in 10 years
between now and then there will be total chaos and the christians are exposed and in danger, even worse if they start fighting again.

At this point all i can ask from him is to ensure a christian unity before he dies, ma baddeh aktar men hek.
if he dies before uniting the Christians from his position as president, then he's going down history as the worst human being the christians have ever seen since the dawn of times.

Disregarding if I agree with you on your plan or not
but since your plan consists of sharing others with anything that means it won't work,
this guy is not of this type, he is of the type "أنا أو لا أحد"
it has been proven times and times again
وباسيل على انيك

I am interested to hear the lies he will tell tomorrow and what illusions he will try to sell us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_FPMer

ma fi chi

Bachir despite his errors before he was voted in as President started assembling a team of talented economists to formulate an economic plan for the country. He even wanted to merge the LF with the army. He had a vision for the country.

Had Aoun presented an economic plan when he was sworn in that includes the audit and started pushing for it, he would have been immune to criticism. Sadly a3ad 3al kerseh w all he did is ramble about change and reform with no idea whatsoever on how to get there.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Disregarding if I agree with you on your plan or not
but since your plan consists of sharing others with anything that means it won't work,
this guy is not of this type, he is of the type "أنا أو لا أحد"
it has been proven times and times again
وباسيل على انيك

I am interested to hear the lies he will tell tomorrow and what illusions he will try to sell us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The thread title is how can he redeem himself
the only way is to drop his retarded mentality in his last year of life because el nes badda tel3ano for the horrors that are coming.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Bachir despite his errors before he was voted in as President started assembling a team of talented economists to formulate an economic plan for the country. He even wanted to merge the LF with the army. He had a vision for the country.

Had Aoun presented an economic plan when he was sworn in that includes the audit and started pushing for it, he would have been immune to criticism. Sadly a3ad 3al kerseh w all he did is ramble about change and reform with no idea whatsoever on how to get there.

Wel aniak men hek
he installed aswa2 rajol siyeseh bel terikh as head of FPM
and was the main reason of why FPM is hated by almost everybody else in the country.

he needs to get rid of him before he dies
li2ano after him there will be no FPM the way things are going.

NewLeb

He can’t do much. Tayyar has always lacked street-smarts, given that their support base mostly comes from educated families with medium to high incomes.

This is why rural Shiites and the like are always complaining about how they don’t understand Mr. Bassil, instead opting for other Christians figures like Mr. Frangieh, who seem closer to the underworld than the professional one. I understand that Mr. Bassil tried to play that bad-boy part... but failed miserably.

This is why Tayyar needed to ally with Hezbollah, an organization that was born in the streets. Of course, like most naive and wealthy leftists, they soon realized that allying with a bunch of street peasants didn’t guarantee them instant success. And here we are....

JB81

Legendary Member
By not accepting Hariri as the Prime Minister!

Tried him for 2 terms and he was failure

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

i'll bookmark this post to later add it under 'Hariri and aoun will pave the way to a new Lebanon'
Once a new taswiyeh is made and the government is formed.

Achilles

Well, I don’t think Hariri will Ever become prime minister again under Aoun’s era. Hariri should start getting It by now that it’s not a matter of government formation issue here, but rather that he is unwanted as prime minister, and therefore should take his responsibilities and resign.

Lebanon cannot remain without a Government anymore. Let Aoun form a new M8 Government similar to the Diab Government, for the period of time that remains from his term. This Governement will not do miracles, will not get funds from the Gulf, the West or the IMF, but it will still be better than no government at all. Aoun still has something like 20 months as president, and this period should be considered as a transitional period. Therefore a new Diab-like government will at least and during this transitional period try to keep the status-quo as it is now ; because keeping the country without a Government will also keep the downhill process going on.

Hariri was appointed prime minister, he tried to form a Governement and he Failed. Obviously there is no chemistry between him, the president and the son in law. He should admit this, accept it, and resign. Diab governement could be then revived or a similar government formed till the next year elections. Keeping the country without a Government is the worst of the possible solutions.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter

How can Aoun redeem himself 2 years before the end of his term?​

aoun cannot redeem himself in 200 years, much less 2 years. he's one of the main antagonists representing the death of this nation.

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
He can do a lot in 2 years in theory. However he won’t, and he’ll just nag and say “ma khalouna”. However still thinks Aoun and FPM can and want to actually change something is either delusional or too dumb to see reality in front.

The_FPMer

He can do a lot in 2 years in theory. However he won’t, and he’ll just nag and say “ma khalouna”. However still thinks Aoun and FPM can and want to actually change something is either delusional or too dumb to see reality in front.
What makes you think Aoun doesn't want change?

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
So you think Aoun doesn’t want to fix the electricity but is saying ma khalouna for the **** of it?

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
What makes you think Aoun doesn't want change?
What has he done in favor of change? President of the republic, 1/3 government, biggest parliamentary bloc, numerous administration directors and positions, part of the army, etc. If he wanted change he would have had results. Instead the country is in its worst state ever (not saying aoun put it in that state, but aoun didn’t do anything to stop it from crumbling).

Lady Geagea

I mean... what the point anymore? I think it's over. Aounism is over. The problem was not them. They tried. It's the system. It's unfixable with normal democracy.