How can Aoun redeem himself 2 years before the end of his term?

Lady Geagea

What has he done in favor of change? President of the republic, 1/3 government, biggest parliamentary bloc, numerous administration directors and positions, part of the army, etc. If he wanted change he would have had results. Instead the country is in its worst state ever (not saying aoun put it in that state, but aoun didn’t do anything to stop it from crumbling).
Your point would be right in other countries, like the UK where the winner takes the government. Here is different. You can't do shit if Hariri said no. Yes I would blame them for chickening out on some stuff like sacking Salame. But things like biggest parliamentary bloc and positions are worthless.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
Your point would be right in other countries, like the UK where the winner takes the government. Here is different. You can't do shit if Hariri said no. Yes I would blame them for chickening out on some stuff like sacking Salame. But things like biggest parliamentary bloc and positions are worthless.
hariri is the weakest leader in lebanon. especially relative to his parliamentary weight.

aoun in contrast has gotten pretty much everything he wanted. and what did he do with it? drag the country into the abyss. show up in the same electoral lists as SSNP (killers of bachir) and help his son in law pillage the country. great Christian leader.

1- fly to Tel Aviv and go to the Knesset and start direct negotiations. We are not at war on everything and some can be achieved through negotiation

2- launch a private company to build a large electric plant based on gas. This private company would get funds from expatriates and investors. We build mega electric centrals

3- fly to Damascus and agree with Assad on the return of the refugees.

4- fly to Washington and ask for the direct involvement of the FBI and fly to Paris and ask for EUROPOL to come to Lebanon and investigate all the corruption

5- Ask HA to disarm gradually as peace talks with Israel are being fruitful.

he is 86 year old and has NOTHING TO LOSE. Let him just ignore what the other would tell and let him become a President not a useless coordinator.

I was always pro Aoun but this time he proved to be an absolute FAILURE and he can still recover it. I hope he reads this

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
So you think Aoun doesn’t want to fix the electricity but is saying ma khalouna for the **** of it?
1- fly to Tel Aviv and go to the Knesset and start direct negotiations. We are not at war on everything and some can be achieved through negotiation

2- launch a private company to build a large electric plant based on gas. This private company would get funds from expatriates and investors. We build mega electric centrals

3- fly to Damascus and agree with Assad on the return of the refugees.

4- fly to Washington and ask for the direct involvement of the FBI and fly to Paris and ask for EUROPOL to come to Lebanon and investigate all the corruption

5- Ask HA to disarm gradually as peace talks with Israel are being fruitful.

he is 86 year old and has NOTHING TO LOSE. Let him just ignore what the other would tell and let him become a President not a useless coordinator.

I was always pro Aoun but this time he proved to be an absolute FAILURE and he can still recover it. I hope he reads this
You really think Aoun wants to do all that? He had 4 years already to show he wanted things to change. His major achievement is a speech where he asks (yes asks) to transition to a secular state without even a follow up conference or laws... Aoun the president is the biggest failure ever.

He’s confortable ending his days in baabda, where it all started from him and his party is slowly becoming a kataeb / ssnp bis, i.e. a small party still living on past glory.

Let’s stop thinking that he wants to actually do something or that he has a plan.

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
Tayyeb ok, maybe the forensic audit is too sensitive and really ma khalouwon.

But FPM in all its might and glory (a president, 1/3 of the government, biggest bloc in parliament, numerous managers and administrative offices...) wasn’t even able to suggest a solution to the garbage issue. To the environmental issues (please don’t tell me Hariri likes polluting). Weren’t even able to stop a single low ranked corrupted person (ya khayye don’t arrest joumblatt, Bess you’re gonna tell me no one in the airport is corrupted? In the port? No low ranking officer can be stopped to start showing an example?). Weren’t even able to pass any single law that makes things move in the direction... wlek not even 1 McKinsey proposal was fought for in parliament. Walaw!!! At least try! At least pretend you tried!!!

Stop it with this ma khalouna BS. Aoun and FPM are just comfortable where they are with absolutely no plan to do anything. As incompetent as joumblatt and the 40 thieves.

JB81

Legendary Member
Tayyeb ok, maybe the forensic audit is too sensitive and really ma khalouwon.

But FPM in all its might and glory (a president, 1/3 of the government, biggest bloc in parliament, numerous managers and administrative offices...) wasn’t even able to suggest a solution to the garbage issue. To the environmental issues (please don’t tell me Hariri likes polluting). Weren’t even able to stop a single low ranked corrupted person (ya khayye don’t arrest joumblatt, Bess you’re gonna tell me no one in the airport is corrupted? In the port? No low ranking officer can be stopped to start showing an example?). Weren’t even able to pass any single law that makes things move in the direction... wlek not even 1 McKinsey proposal was fought for in parliament. Walaw!!! At least try! At least pretend you tried!!!

Stop it with this ma khalouna BS. Aoun and FPM are just comfortable where they are with absolutely no plan to do anything. As incompetent as joumblatt and the 40 thieves.

The country is locked up by entrenched mafias that ruled for 30 years, planting loyalties in every corner of the state
If you think a 4 years is going to flip the game; when having 25 out of 128 mps; not sure what would you be thinking
Those small employees are backed by their superiors. They are untouchable just like their bosses; and let's not forget that most judges are either corrupts, or keeping quiet so they may not lose their jobs

For me, I'll keep supporting FPM as things will look brighter in the coming years; Berri is old, Joumblat is politically weak; Hariri is despair; the more FPM holds, the more they lose, the more FPM becomes stronger
Yes, FPM despite a big block, they remain super minority in the Parliament; no allies to combat corruption

The_FPMer

The country is locked up by entrenched mafias that ruled for 30 years, planting loyalties in every corner of the state
If you think a 4 years is going to flip the game; when having 25 out of 128 mps; not sure what would you be thinking
Those small employees are backed by their superiors. They are untouchable just like their bosses; and let's not forget that most judges are either corrupts, or keeping quiet so they may not lose their jobs

For me, I'll keep supporting FPM as things will look brighter in the coming years; Berri is old, Joumblat is politically weak; Hariri is despair; the more FPM holds, the more they lose, the more FPM becomes stronger
Yes, FPM despite a big block, they remain super minority in the Parliament; no allies to combat corruption
You didn't answer his arguments. He asked why didn't FPM just present an economic plan before Parliament, you answer back that you can't flip the game in 4 years even though he didn't ask such an extreme task of Aoun. Are you noticing your self-deception?

You really think Aoun wants to do all that? He had 4 years already to show he wanted things to change. His major achievement is a speech where he asks (yes asks) to transition to a secular state without even a follow up conference or laws... Aoun the president is the biggest failure ever.

He’s confortable ending his days in baabda, where it all started from him and his party is slowly becoming a kataeb / ssnp bis, i.e. a small party still living on past glory.

Let’s stop thinking that he wants to actually do something or that he has a plan.
Based on your name, I believe you like Aoun and FPM and same with me. But I 100% agree with you and to me Aoun is an absolute failure, probably one of the worst Presidents we had because he is not doing anything special. At best he is just a normal President and at worst he is useless

if Aoun will not fix the Palestinian issue, the Israeli issue, the Syrian refugees issues - then hell we don’t need him. We don’t need someone who calls for conferences or for audits but someone who can use his prestige to take a plane and fix the issues I highlighted

he still have less than 2 years and I believe in miracles. WAKE UP PRESIDENT !

The_FPMer

Based on your name, I believe you like Aoun and FPM and same with me. But I 100% agree with you and to me Aoun is an absolute failure, probably one of the worst Presidents we had because he is not doing anything special. At best he is just a normal President and at worst he is useless

if Aoun will not fix the Palestinian issue, the Israeli issue, the Syrian refugees issues - then hell we don’t need him. We don’t need someone who calls for conferences or for audits but someone who can use his prestige to take a plane and fix the issues I highlighted

Should he fix global warming as well? 3a mahlak 3lek lal zalame, you're overrating his abilities. We only need him to make a slight effort to try to implement a decent economic plan to maybe put the country on the right track. Ya3ne the absolute minimum expectations mne2bal fiya.

Should he fix global warming as well? 3a mahlak 3lek lal zalame, you're overrating his abilities. We only need him to make a slight effort to try to implement a decent economic plan to maybe put the country on the right track. Ya3ne the absolute minimum expectations mne2bal fiya.
He is supposed to be the new Camille Chamoun or the new Bashir Gemayel. This is why I always trusted and supported him for 30 years. Not to do some small fixes.

The economy is not fixable as the majority of the population love Hariri and Berry. They prefer to live in extreme poverty rather to see our faces or a Christian face of Lebanon. They start destroying it in the 50’s with the BS Arabism, Abdel Nasser then the Palestinian then the Syrians - everyone but not the Lebanese Christians although we created Lebanon and gave them the most advanced country in the Middle East.

i am expecting from Aoun to fix Lebanon by engaging in Partition

The_FPMer

He is supposed to be the new Camille Chamoun or the new Bashir Gemayel. This is why I always trusted and supported him for 30 years. Not to do some small fixes.

The economy is not fixable as the majority of the population love Hariri and Berry. They prefer to live in extreme poverty rather to see our faces or a Christian face of Lebanon. They start destroying it in the 50’s with the BS Arabism, Abdel Nasser then the Palestinian then the Syrians - everyone but not the Lebanese Christians although we created Lebanon and gave them the most advanced country in the Middle East.

i am expecting from Aoun to fix Lebanon by engaging in Partition
He is supposed to be that according to FPM propaganda. In reality, he doesn't have the intellectual skills to do it and he's besieged by a ruling mafia that's much smarter and devious than him. He, sadly, has been outsmarted every single time.

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member

At this stage I’m not asking aoun to eliminate the mafia and put joumblatt, berri, Franjie in jail. I’m neither asking aoun to change the constitution and impose new governance, rules, process, secularism. I don’t want him to turn the table.

Ya khaye im just asking him to implement 1 basic McKinsey reform, he can pick the easiest. I’m asking him to maybe pretend he cares. One small law, hek, just to marginally improve people’s life.

Wlekkk him and FPM aren’t even suggesting a plan to get out of this misery. They aren’t even pretending to have the solution. Tfehhhh and Alf tfeeeh on incompetents who made us believe they were. They’re the same as joumblatt, berri & co. Just clueless fools who don’t know how to run a country.

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
You didn't answer his arguments. He asked why didn't FPM just present an economic plan before Parliament, you answer back that you can't flip the game in 4 years even though he didn't ask such an extreme task of Aoun. Are you noticing your self-deception?
One day FPM will be the sole ruling party, in a dictatorship. And they’ll say “we’ve been ruling for only 20 years guys, it’s difficult to achieve results” 😂😂

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member

I liked Aoun and FPM. The past tense is key here. Now I consider they’re no better than the incompetent ruling class we have since the end of the civil war. Pure incompetents who can’t govern and aren’t bothered at improving the citizens’ lives even with the simplest and smallest steps.

The_FPMer

I liked Aoun and FPM. The past tense is key here. Now I consider they’re no better than the incompetent ruling class we have since the end of the civil war. Pure incompetents who can’t govern and aren’t bothered at improving the citizens’ lives even with the simplest and smallest steps.
Do you have Aounist friends, relatives etc.? Do they share your sentiments as well?

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
Do you have Aounist friends, relatives etc.? Do they share your sentiments as well?
Yes, unfortunately. We wish it wasn’t the case... But let’s be honest: Aoun and the FPM have failed us, have failed the country. Hopefully someone competent will replace them, instead of their part of the pie being shared among other incompetents such as geagea, kataeb and marada...

JB81

Legendary Member
Yes, unfortunately. We wish it wasn’t the case... But let’s be honest: Aoun and the FPM have failed us, have failed the country. Hopefully someone competent will replace them, instead of their part of the pie being shared among other incompetents such as geagea, kataeb and marada...

If you were in FPM position in 2005; What different would you do with your 22 mps?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

What is it that pushed you to support Aoun in the first place? The Liberation War?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You are not alone BRO.
The number of disappointed people in this forum alone is very high.
There are 2 types of people who are still supporting Aoun and Bassil.
1- the naive and lunatic who believe, despite all odds, everything he says, and who also think he is protecting Christians (spoiler alert, he is only protecting his own interests)
2- the mercenaries who are getting profit from him

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
You are not alone BRO.
The number of disappointed people in this forum alone is very high.
There are 2 types of people who are still supporting Aoun and Bassil.
1- the naive and lunatic who believe, despite all odds, everything he says, and who also think he is protecting Christians (spoiler alert, he is only protecting his own interests)
2- the mercenaries who are getting profit from him

agreed on (2)

on (1)
i wouldn't call them naive
they just subscribe to Aoun/Bassil's current speech
the more they spew hatred and venom, the more the lunatics get erections.
They just share immense hatred towards everyone else in the country

Some against LF
others against Hariri
others against Jumblatt
others against Berri
some against just everyone else

Hatred is just the core principle that currently unites what remains of this party (bar the paid mercenarios of course)
Hence why this party should be just banned like nazism.