How can Aoun redeem himself 2 years before the end of his term?

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
agreed on (2)

on (1)
i wouldn't call them naive
they just subscribe to Aoun/Bassil's current speech
the more they spew hatred and venom, the more the lunatics get erections.
They just share immense hatred towards everyone else in the country

Some against LF
others against Hariri
others against Jumblatt
others against Berri
some against just everyone else

Hatred is just the core principle that currently unites what remains of this party (bar the paid mercenarios of course)
Hence why this party should be just banned like nazism.

On a second thought
@JustLeb
yes you are correct, it is naivete
because eventually and like usual Aoun/Bassil will sign a taswiyeh with these 'enemies' and live nicely ever after
and the naives remain dormant looking forward for the next dispute.

so yea

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
You are not alone BRO.
The number of disappointed people in this forum alone is very high.
There are 2 types of people who are still supporting Aoun and Bassil.
1- the naive and lunatic who believe, despite all odds, everything he says, and who also think he is protecting Christians (spoiler alert, he is only protecting his own interests)
2- the mercenaries who are getting profit from him
The best way to bring people to your side is either to call them naive/lunatics or to call them mercenaries. Widely known fact and it makes you very audible to them.

It is also a well established fact that it calms tensions in the country and opens lines of dialog and constructive debates. So thank you for this contribution.

Patriot

Orange Room Supporter
The best way to bring people to your side is either to call them naive/lunatics or to call them mercenaries. Widely known fact and it makes you very audible to them.

It is also a well established fact that it calms tensions in the country and opens lines of dialog and constructive debates. So thank you for this contribution.

Naive denizen detected.
Sorry

@JustLeb according to our friend here
2ent 3am betkhel bel selm el ahleh.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Naive denizen detected.
Sorry

@JustLeb according to our friend here
2ent 3am betkhel bel selm el ahleh.
Next time you have a disagreement at work call the person in front of you a lunatic and test my theory :)

I think @JustLeb is more mature than that (and capable of understanding the point made) and that is why the response was to him and not to you.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

ya rafi2 @Mrsrx I have no ambition to bring anyone to my side, aslan I have no side, everyone is free to do whatever he wants
Those who left, left because they felt (like me) something wrong, it was not me who pushed them to leave.
naive might wake up someday, or not
mercenaries will eventually quit when there is no more benefit for them

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Next time you have a disagreement at work call the person in front of you a lunatic and test my theory :)

I think @JustLeb is more mature than that (and capable of understanding the point made) and that is why the response was to him and not to you.
For the record, I have recently made a lengthy discussion with an aounist on the phone.
ye3ni shou baddi ellak, he went into universal plot and global war, I bet you have heard about QAnon in USA
Well it was something like that, of course I didn't call him lunatic but I thought about it :D
Certainly, not all aounists are like that, but Bassilio and Aoun rely on this type of people to survive.
People like that won't wake up, I am quite sure about it

elias-aj

Legendary Member
I believe that the biggest mistake FPM and PMA made, was to let us believe they would be in a position to initiate all of those big changes.

Reforms, plans, bills, draft legislation etc. The problem is not to prepare such documents and plans. It's everywhere and I guess documented : Nabih Berri's drawers are full of FPM's made bills and draft legislation. I don't know how many plans to reform the telecommunication and the energy sectors have been presented / introduced.

But what's the point in drawing, drafting, designing all of those plans and bills when you can't secure their adoption ? How many chances do you have in introducing laws against corruption when the primary targets would be people under the protection of Nabih Berri ? Or friends with Hariri's family ?

At some point, we have to go beyond the usual excuse "They didn't let us etc.". Of course they didn't and they won't anyway ! They're corrupt, thieves, but not stupid.

In this regard, let FPM say things clearly : Why did we have alliances with them all, knowing they wouldn't let us get ahead with any of our projects ?

JB81

Legendary Member
I believe that the biggest mistake FPM and PMA made, was to let us believe they would be in a position to initiate all of those big changes.

Reforms, plans, bills, draft legislation etc. The problem is not to prepare such documents and plans. It's everywhere and I guess documented : Nabih Berri's drawers are full of FPM's made bills and draft legislation. I don't know how many plans to reform the telecommunication and the energy sectors have been presented / introduced.

But what's the point in drawing, drafting, designing all of those plans and bills when you can't secure their adoption ? How many chances do you have in introducing laws against corruption when the primary targets would be people under the protection of Nabih Berri ? Or friends with Hariri's family ?

At some point, we have to go beyond the usual excuse "They didn't let us etc.". Of course they didn't and they won't anyway ! They're corrupt, thieves, but not stupid.

In this regard, let FPM say things clearly : Why did we have alliances with them all, knowing they wouldn't let us get ahead with any of our projects ?

They inflate their political influence by taking the Christian share.
In order to curb their political power, it is very important for FPM to "get in".

Look how Joumblatt size have been reduced. Without Berri and billions stolen, he is the size of Franjiyeh.
Hariri is weaker as well. Remember how his block used to be made of 35 mps

They are weaker as FPM is pushing into the system.

Hence, you got the Oct.17 coup from the Trio to stop FPM growing political power

The stronger FPM gets the weaker they are; the more FPM can impose it's plans and projects

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
ya rafi2 @Mrsrx I have no ambition to bring anyone to my side, aslan I have no side, everyone is free to do whatever he wants
Those who left, left because they felt (like me) something wrong, it was not me who pushed them to leave.
naive might wake up someday, or not
mercenaries will eventually quit when there is no more benefit for them
You do have a side that is not aligned to any politician. If you think the population that is still following our beloved politicians is hopeless that means the country is hopeless.

The same way you have changed your mind we should hope others do because that is the only way out of a very dark future. When we insult someone for their views they usually get entrenched in them instead of questioning them and all this namecalling tends to be counter productive.

For the record, I have recently made a lengthy discussion with an aounist on the phone.
ye3ni shou baddi ellak, he went into universal plot and global war, I bet you have heard about QAnon in USA
Well it was something like that, of course I didn't call him lunatic but I thought about it :D
Certainly, not all aounists are like that, but Bassilio and Aoun rely on this type of people to survive.
That conversation was possible because you did not call them a lunatic. They have heard you and what you said if it makes sense will eat at them until they change their minds. I know those QAnon like plots ...but most realised at somepoint that all of that was utter bullshit not because they were insulted but because when push came shove all these lies crashed.

Wolf

GMA cannot redeem himself, he thought that he can change the system from within. He was mistaken big time. the whole premise of GMA was the get rid of the occupation and not fighting corruption, you cannot fight corruption and you are part of the political system.. I was against GMA going into politics back then " and you can search it in the forum", and i'm against it now. you cannot govern Lebanon with the &^*&*&*& up mentality, the sectarian mentality. you need someone like Assad the father, or saddam to rule for the next 30 years during these 30 years , come up with one history book, teach the same in all schools no more religious backed up schools and then and only then you might be able to create a country. other than that forget about it.
hence redeeming oneself in lebanon is the same as committing suicide. same goes to all the political establishment.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He is supposed to be that according to FPM propaganda. In reality, he doesn't have the intellectual skills to do it and he's besieged by a ruling mafia that's much smarter and devious than him. He, sadly, has been outsmarted every single time.

This is true. When Aoun speaks, he doesn't come off as someone who's remarkably cultivated or intellectual, but rather dull and sometimes downright provincial. To be a good strategist you need to have foresight and intellect. Aoun is an honest and well-intentioned man, but he still acts like a novice when it comes to politics, which explains why he lost most of his wars and was outmaneuvered by his political rivals.

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
They inflate their political influence by taking the Christian share.
In order to curb their political power, it is very important for FPM to "get in".

Look how Joumblatt size have been reduced. Without Berri and billions stolen, he is the size of Franjiyeh.
Hariri is weaker as well. Remember how his block used to be made of 35 mps

They are weaker as FPM is pushing into the system.

Hence, you got the Oct.17 coup from the Trio to stop FPM growing political power

The stronger FPM gets the weaker they are; the more FPM can impose it's plans and projects
Great, I feel I’m in an episode of le baron noir. Super drama and political games. While they were busy getting their share of the pie (because at the end of the day, that’s what you are describing), what did they actually do for the people of Lebanon?

johnnyFPM

Legendary Member
What is it that pushed you to support Aoun in the first place? The Liberation War?
His stances against the Syrian occupation, the unfair and illegitimate Taef regime and the corrupt ruling class of the 90s. All of which he allied with at some stage since 2005, perfectly integration into the Taef ways of working and totally forgetting that there is a country to run.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
yup!

i have a client, an american woman, who told me that JFK is still alive and that trump is going become president again through a coup, and JFK is going to be his vice president. she also told me not to take the vaccine because it has microchips that will let bill gates control my brain.

so it's not really surprising that people still believe in aoun. people are willing to believe in all sorts of crazy things if it makes them feel like they are on the "right side" against a supernatural conspiracy.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
agreed on (2)

on (1)
i wouldn't call them naive
they just subscribe to Aoun/Bassil's current speech
the more they spew hatred and venom, the more the lunatics get erections.
They just share immense hatred towards everyone else in the country

Some against LF
others against Hariri
others against Jumblatt
others against Berri
some against just everyone else

Hatred is just the core principle that currently unites what remains of this party (bar the paid mercenarios of course)
Hence why this party should be just banned like nazism.

You need a deep throat examination at the monastery of the cross o_O
Nothing personal, you're a good person and I respect your integrity :oops:
sit... sit.. light a cigarette.. Can I take your axe, Eugene? All will be good :rolleyes:

JB81

Legendary Member
Great, I feel I’m in an episode of le baron noir. Super drama and political games. While they were busy getting their share of the pie (because at the end of the day, that’s what you are describing), what did they actually do for the people of Lebanon?

The Trio still have the grip on the country; However, you can see that they are crumbling very fast. And I do see the end of the tunnel if FPM holds their ground

1) the head master Nabih will be take care by God soon... you can see he's getting old amd weak. Once this guy is out of the picture, the others crumble faster, especially as they become weak thanks to FPM
2) FM is weaker, FPM attacks +Hariri mistakes
3) Joumblat is the weakest link. However, he is holding into power because of Nabih + buying dhimmis and media thru the stolen billions. But, his billions won't help once Nabih is out of the picture

FPM just have to hold on. We are young promising party; the trio are becoming from the past

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The Trio still have the grip on the country; However, you can see that they are crumbling very fast. And I do see the end of the tunnel if FPM holds their ground

1) the head master Nabih will be take care by God soon... you can see he's getting old amd weak. Once this guy is out of the picture, the others crumble faster, especially as they become weak thanks to FPM
2) FM is weaker, FPM attacks +Hariri mistakes
3) Joumblat is the weakest link. However, he is holding into power because of Nabih + buying dhimmis and media thru the stolen billions. But, his billions won't help once Nabih is out of the picture

FPM just have to hold on. We are young promising party; the trio are becoming from the past
Dude we have seen enough of your promises, so let me be honest with you, nothing optimistic so far
You can't fight corruption with a corrupt like Bassil, unless you truly believe that Chantal is standing in line to get 300$ per week

JB81

Legendary Member
Dude we have seen enough of your promises, so let me be honest with you, nothing optimistic so far
You can't fight corruption with a corrupt like Bassil, unless you truly believe that Chantal is standing in line to get 300$ per week

Baseless accusations towards Bassil

3a faw2a, shou sar bi masadrak w dekenet Tahsin and the 7% commission for mad3ou G.B. ? 🤣

The_FPMer

This is true. When Aoun speaks, he doesn't come off as someone who's remarkably cultivated or intellectual, but rather dull and sometimes downright provincial. To be a good strategist you need to have foresight and intellect. Aoun is an honest and well-intentioned man, but he still acts like a novice when it comes to politics, which explains why he lost most of his wars and was outmaneuvered by his political rivals.
Surprising coming from a Trump supporter.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Surprising coming from a Trump supporter.

Just because Trump is brash and gives means nicknames to his rivals, doesn't mean he's not a smart guy.
He knows what it takes to succeed in today's ultra-PC America.
Unfortunately, the liberal media's relentless crusade eventually got the best of him
and Americans fell for the "Trump is a racist" game.
They forgot that this is "racist" president actually had the support of 50% of Hispanics and was the first US leader not to wage war against any other country. Liberals were so frustrated with Trump's immigration policy and his treatment of refugee children, so they picked someone who approves of women killing their babies whenever they feel like it. Go figure! So kind-hearted those liberals...

Fighting illegal immigration and putting your country's interests first make you evil in today's America. You should open the border and let all the drug dealers and terrorists from shithole countries in...

But anyway, let's not open an old wound now.