• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

How did FPM lose control of the situation so badly?

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
I respect that, but unfortunately I think you're in the minority. The majority of FPMers, Bassil included, put Bachir on a pedestal.
Care to elaborate why you think the Gemayel family is the reason for the demise of Lebanese Christians?
as usual you’re spot on bro, spot fukin on :D

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
I respect that, but unfortunately I think you're in the minority. The majority of FPMers, Bassil included, put Bachir on a pedestal.
Care to elaborate why you think the Gemayel family is the reason for the demise of Lebanese Christians?
First of all its pierre gemayel who invited the syrians to lebanon. Kataeb as a militia started for a good cause and then deviated from it. Bachir gemayel lust for power and fame made him massacre his fellow christians , made a deal with the devil but did not fulfill his part of it so he was killed. His brother later on became president as a compensation reward and ended up being maybe the 2nd ( after hrawi) or 3rd ( after Michel sleiman) worst lebanese president ever.

in conclusion, Gemayel family influence in the lebanese politics at the time was as big as FPM influence nowadays with less mps and maybe even bigger because the christians at the time had the biggest shares of power in the system and the president was almost the sole governor.

what made bachir look like a hero in the eyes of many is his martyrdom 1 month after he became president. Like every new president in lebanon everyone had so much hope for him that only this image stuck up in their heads after his death regardless of the means he used to get to that chair. Had he been able to rule people might have seen his other not so good side and his tenure would have been full with holes and problems.

In 1988-1990 Michel aoun became a semi god to many . Nowadays he is just seen as a normal human beeing with strengths and weaknesses. Had he been killed at the time with francois halal bullet for example this godly image would have been stuck in people’s heads and you would be still seeing till today a memorial day and people talking that had michel aoun was still alive we would be living in switzerland of the east now.