• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

How do I know if I have mental disorder?

So, I think I am depressed... But I am not sure if this is actually depression or I am just sad.

The thing is my parents separated few months back and it affected me so much to the point that most of the time, I just like to be alone and think about things - like why do my parents have to separate and stuff and stuff.

I have researched about the symptoms of depression and I kind of have three of five of it but I want to be sure. Can you recommend any organizations or doctors to whom I can go to to check on my condition? Thanks!

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello,

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch.

One of the most used methods to detect depression is the Beck Depression Inventory created by Dr Aaron Beck.

You can easily do it yourself to get an idea of your condition, but it is of course recommended that you see a doctor as well.

Beck Depression Inventory

There are many health organizations now that specialize depression. There are consultants, Psychiatrists, therapists and you can even chat online with them. Try to search for depression support and treatment and it should give you a list of related orgs. Or try any of these: Better Help or Beyond Anxiety or PSYCom.

There are many health organizations now that specialize depression. There are consultants, Psychiatrists, therapists and you can even chat online with them. Try to search for depression support and treatment and it should give you a list of related orgs. Or try any of these: Better Help or Beyond Anxiety or PSYCom.

Hey there! Thank you for this comment. I searched google for online counseling and BetterHelp was the first one on the page. I think I will try this first to see if their online psychotherapy is the one I need or not.