How do You Know If You have Anxiety?

dripstraws

I wake up every morning with the feeling of butterflies in my stomach for no particular reason, this feeling sticks with me all day and affects my eating habits as well.

I am constantly worried and feeling tensed, have sweaty palms 24/7, I feel tired most of the time even when I'm not doing anything and having trouble sleeping these past few days. I don't know what is it that's happening to me, are these signs of anxiety?

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
I wake up every morning with the feeling of butterflies in my stomach for no particular reason, this feeling sticks with me all day and affects my eating habits as well.

I am constantly worried and feeling tensed, have sweaty palms 24/7, I feel tired most of the time even when I'm not doing anything and having trouble sleeping these past few days. I don't know what is it that's happening to me, are these signs of anxiety?
Yes this seems like it is anxiety. It is happening with a lot of people since covid took over our lives and locked us in our homes. It would be good to talk to someone (facetime etc..) and let them know how you feel. Try to go out for walks in nature if possible.

light-in-dark

Legendary Member

Actually me too I have all these even before COVID-19. I get used to that since I have all that dis ce young ages. The way of our life in Lebanon. The way that our parents raised us, war, the Lebanese society ans it complexities. Anxiety is normal in our era.
My faith helped me a lot to continue life full of happiness and joy but sometimes I have anxiety and fear crisis. Life becomes hard for a while but the sun will be up again.
Don’t loose any moment keep fighting to kill the beast.

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

Have you had a blood test?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Have you had a blood test?

There are no lab tests or scan to diagnose anxiety. Only a physical examination and based on the symptoms and feelings of the patients can be used to conclude by a doctor. Except if you are suggesting blood tests be done to rule out other potential illnesses.

@light-in-dark Anxiety is a mental disorder. It is a mental illness. It can be treated with pills prescribed by a doctor.

There are many symptoms that come with anxiety and two people with anxiety may not experience the same symptoms.

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member

Yes, seems like it. Usually medical causes need to be ruled out first, but the acuteness of the symptoms suggest primary anxiety (which are usually due to stressors whether conscious or unconscious)
The solution is always to fix the underlying cause.
However, in the meantime and until you achieve the above goal, I recommend you go see a psychiatrist (make sure a good one, usually an international graduate or trained locally but has a good reputation) so that you can be supported through psychotherapy or medications so that your symptoms do not interfere in your efforts to overcoming your difficult circumstances (whether they be internal thoughts or due to external challenges, usually a mix of both).
Do not worry, there are solutions to what you are feeling that are very safe, effective and will make you feel better in no time.

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
Yes, seems like it. Usually medical causes need to be ruled out first, but the acuteness of the symptoms suggest primary anxiety (which are usually due to stressors whether conscious or unconscious)
However, in the meantime and until you achieve the above goal, I recommend you go see a psychiatrist (make sure a good one, usually an international graduate or trained locally but has a good reputation) so that you can be supported through psychotherapy or medications so that your symptoms do not interfere in your efforts to overcoming your difficult circumstances (whether they be internal thoughts or due to external challenges, usually a mix of both).
Do not worry, there are solutions to what you are feeling that are very safe, effective and will make you feel better in no time.
That's why I asked him if he had a blood test. Hypothyroidism might cause permanent tiredness and depression. As you said, any systemic disease should be eliminated first.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
That's why I asked him if he had a blood test. Hypothyroidism might cause permanent tiredness and depression. As you said, any systemic disease should be eliminated first.
Or Vitamin B12 deficiency.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Or Vitamin B12 deficiency.

Giving amateur medical advice to Oroomers is against forum rules I assume, right @Mrsrx?
It may kill or maim users.

@SeaAb do you mind sending a copy of your medical license?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Consult a doctor dude

NewLeb

Contrary to the popular opinions in this thread, this is not a medical problem, but a spiritual one.

All persons are born with anxiety. Anxiety is a trademark of humanity, and it is ultimately rooted in fear.

Fear of loss or not gaining enough; fear of missing out; fear of the future; fear of not accomplishing whatever one has in his mind to accomplish; fear of being alone; and so forth.

Ergo, one’s level of anxiety is essentially based on his love and attachment to the world/dunya. This is why spiritual masters are always serene and at ease. Indeed, they are living in the Eternal present moment, and they have found their Real selves....

Last edited:

NewLeb

I’d also like the OP inform us on his water intake. Water is life, yes, it is healing itself. It’s crazy how modern man will spend thousands on pills and doctors, when the solution is easy and available for all!

Mr. Batmanghelidj “posits that symptoms like fatigue, anxiety or depression indicate dehydration, which may result in serious conditions such as asthma, hypertension, brain damage, cancer, constipation, allergies and obesity.

I urge the OP to visit one of Lebanon’s miraculous springs and drink from its fountains. His anxiety will decrease in no time!