How Do You Prepare To Face The Challenges In Life?

dripstraws

There come many situations in life which we can classify as difficult. But being prepared to face the challenges is what it means to learn and grow. How do you make the best out of everything that life throws at you?

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
I try to have a good balance in life. Exercise, hobbies, social interaction and outdoor activities help balance out the work and the stress and the screens.

Maintaining the balance is easier said than done, of course. It is the nature of modern life, I guess.

dripstraws

I try to have a good balance in life. Exercise, hobbies, social interaction and outdoor activities help balance out the work and the stress and the screens.

Maintaining the balance is easier said than done, of course. It is the nature of modern life, I guess.
What is the most difficult challenge you've experienced so far?

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think you can be fully prepared for all the challenges that may come your way. Of course there is the standard advice in the form of save money, get a decent education, have a good support system, etc. But how do you prepare for a car, plane, train, whatever crash? Or the unexpected death of a loved one? I think the best you can do is put your best foot forward and hope for the best.

And definitely don't do what i do: shocked pikachu face, complete mental meltdown, frantically running around trying to do something, list after list of things to do just so you can feel useful, depending on the situation either accepting there's nothing you can do or stumbling your way into a decent outcome and finally survive 😅.

Anyway to answer the core question (which is: how do you make the best out of everything life throws at you? ). You can't, not really! Best you can do in most challenging situations is deal with it and move on eventually. Of course i don't mean challenges you can overcome by learning something or working on something or failing and trying again until you succeed, or even making a mistake and paying for it, these types of challenges improve you and make you stronger. I'm talking about the loss of a loved one or putting your trust in someone who didn't deserve it, watching someone you love deal with pain knowing you can't do anything to help them, heartbreak, any form of natural or unnatural disaster, etc. In these types of scenarios the best outcome you can possibly hope for is to eventually get over it if you survive it to begin with.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Does anyone here have any experience with a therapist? I was thinking maybe going to one might help

I went to therapy for a year after self diagnosing myself with a disorder, turns out i was right and i'm quite grateful for that experience. It was during a particularly tough time in my life and just talking about my issues without any judgement was quite beneficial. After every session i felt a lot better and it was fun always coming to her with updates and improvements i had made in my life. Therapy may not be for everyone particularly people uncomfortable with sharing intimate details about their life with total strangers but it was exactly what i needed.

To make a long story short if you feel like you have issues you need to talk about while having a trained professional listen, assess and help you address them then seeking help from a therapist is a good call

TalionTalks

All challenges can be overcome by having a positive mindset, but if you think you cannot handle it anymore and you need help, then go for it.