How Trudeau is leading Canada to bankruptcy

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Justin Trudeau, the handsome dude elected PM of Canada in October 2015 would leave behind a bankrupt country in 2019! Hard working Canadians and taxpayers would be demanded to pay huge amounts of taxes over the next few years to make up for the millions of $ the Trudeau government is irresponsibly spending, that if the debts he is leaving don't lead to a fundamental shakeup in Canada's financial structure for decades!

This thread will be dedicated to list the millions Trudeau is wasting, and in October 2019 those of you who are interested can track how we went from a prosperous country to a bankrupt one! Too bad I did not start this thread earlier cos Mr. Trudeau has already around 30 billion $ deficit since he came in in October 2015!

P.S. The thread posts would be in French and English since people don't have time to translate and I assume that most (if not all) of you understand both languages!

-------------------------------

Ottawa versera une compensation à trois victimes de torture

Le gouvernement fédéral présentera ses excuses et versera une compensation à trois Canadiens torturés en Syrie.

La Presse canadienne a indépendamment confirmé des informations rapportées par le quotidien Toronto Star selon lesquelles Ottawa réglera les poursuites intentées par Abdullah Almalki, Ahamad El Maati et Muayyed Nureddin.

En octobre 2008, une enquête menée par l'ex-juge de la Cour suprême Frank Iacobucci avait mis en lumière la contribution des autorités canadiennes à leur torture par le partage de renseignements avec des agences étrangères.

La bataille juridique des trois hommes est en branle depuis plusieurs années. La date de l'annonce du règlement et le montant de la compensation financière n'ont toujours pas été dévoilés.

En 2007, le gouvernement fédéral avait présenté ses excuses officielles et versé 10,5 millions à Maher Arar, un autre Canadien qui avait été détenu et torturé en Syrie.

Ottawa versera une compensation à trois victimes de torture | Jim Bronskill | National

If we are going to compensate every Canadian tortured (and potentially wounded or victim of an accident) abroad, with all the thousands of refugees and soon-to-be citizens we are welcoming, the Canadian taxpayers would have to give millions of dollars in compensation alone! Those compensations should have been stopped by Trudeau and not made a natural practice at the expense of taxpayers!

A legitimate question here would be for instance: Why do I have to pay for the bad doings of foreign regimes when I don't have a say in what took those Canadians into danger zones to begin with?

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    A liberal pro sharia

Expect nothing less
    The question is , will the population wake up in time
    Are fge opponents not also pro sharia .

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    En 2007, le gouvernement fédéral avait présenté ses excuses officielles et versé 10,5 millions à Maher Arar, un autre Canadien qui avait été détenu et torturé en Syrie.
    Were these the Conservatives that paid and apologized? I thought it was Harper!

[article]Prime Minister Stephen Harper formally apologized to Arar for Canada's role in what the prime minister described as his “terrible ordeal.” In January 2007, the federal government awarded Arar $10.5 million in compensation, and another $1 million to cover his legal costs.

“On behalf of the government of Canada, I wish to apologize to you, Monia Mazigh and your family for any role Canadian officials may have played in the terrible ordeal that all of you experienced in 2002 and 2003,” Harper said. “I trust that, having arrived at a negotiated settlement, we have ensured that fair compensation will be paid to you and your family. I sincerely hope that these words and actions will assist you and your family in your efforts to begin a new and hopeful chapter in your lives.”

“The government of Canada and the prime minister have acknowledged my innocence,” Arar said in response. “This means the world to me.”
    Maher Arar Case - The Canadian Encyclopedia [/article]

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Were these the Conservatives that paid and apologized? I thought it was Harper!

[article]Prime Minister Stephen Harper formally apologized to Arar for Canada's role in what the prime minister described as his “terrible ordeal.” In January 2007, the federal government awarded Arar $10.5 million in compensation, and another $1 million to cover his legal costs.

“On behalf of the government of Canada, I wish to apologize to you, Monia Mazigh and your family for any role Canadian officials may have played in the terrible ordeal that all of you experienced in 2002 and 2003,” Harper said. “I trust that, having arrived at a negotiated settlement, we have ensured that fair compensation will be paid to you and your family. I sincerely hope that these words and actions will assist you and your family in your efforts to begin a new and hopeful chapter in your lives.”

“The government of Canada and the prime minister have acknowledged my innocence,” Arar said in response. “This means the world to me.”
    Maher Arar Case - The Canadian Encyclopedia [/article]
    What part of the red sentence below is not clear?

If we are going to compensate every Canadian tortured (and potentially wounded or victim of an accident) abroad, with all the thousands of refugees and soon-to-be citizens we are welcoming, the Canadian taxpayers would have to give millions of dollars in compensation alone! Those compensations should have been stopped by Trudeau and not made a natural practice at the expense of taxpayers!

A legitimate question here would be for instance: Why do I have to pay for the bad doings of foreign regimes when I don't have a say in what took those Canadians into danger zones to begin with?
    The Arar case was compensated because the Harper government was asked many times to intervene to save him from the Assad regime but refused to and the case dragged on and on with a media tanneh w ranneh. That case is supposed to be the exception and NOT the rule. Why should we compensate the three gentlemen now? Do you have any clue how many of the Syrian refugees who arrived to Canada after the war broke in Syria were also tortured and punished by not only the Assad regime but his opponents and by Daesh? Do you want us also to pay millions to compensate all those? Mr. Trudeau is setting up a dangerous policy because of his shortsightedness! Regardless of what you think of Harper, he was WAY better for the economy than Trudeau.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harper right about Trudeau’s deficits

So as it turns out, Stephen Harper nailed it.

During last year’s federal election he predicted Justin Trudeau’s financial promises were a work of fiction that would prove to be a fantasy if Trudeau won power.

Subsequent events have proven the former Conservative prime minister correct.

During that election, Trudeau told Canadians that in order to fulfill his election promises, a Liberal administration would record projected deficits of $9.9 billion in 2016-17, $9.5 billion in 2017-18, $5.7 billion in 2018-2019, and a surplus of $1 billion in 2019-2020.

When Trudeau released those numbers, Harper mocked them as nonsense.

He told a rally in Hamilton, while pinching his figures together: "(Trudeau) says a modest deficit, a tiny deficit, so small you can barely see the deficit. Three modest little deficits ... We’ve gone through this before — look at the mess in Ontario with the modest deficits of the Liberal government. I guess it turns out the budget doesn’t balance itself after all.”

No, it does not.

Following the election, when the Liberals presented their first budget in March, 2016, Trudeau almost tripled his projected 2016-17 deficit to $29.4 billion, followed by $29 billion in 2017-18, $22.8 billion in 2018-19, $17.7 billion in 2019-20 and $14.3 billion in 2020-21.

Contrary to Trudeau’s pre-election prediction the budget would record a surplus of $1 billion in 2019-20, his post-election budget projected a deficit of $17.7 billion in that year and added an additional projected deficit of $14.3 billion in 2020-21.

On Tuesday, Finance Minister Bill Morneau in his economic update added, once you crunch all the numbers, $31.7 billion more to the deficits Trudeau unveiled in the first Liberal budget less than eight months ago.

He also added yet another projected deficit of $14.6 billion in 2021-22, two years after Trudeau promised during the election his government would have a $1 billion surplus in 2019-20.

Morneau did not predict when the federal budget will be balanced.

As Harper noted, we’ve seen this dance before, in Ontario.

There, the Liberal government in power since 2003, first under Dalton McGuinty and now under Kathleen Wynne, also tried to spend itself rich.

As the Trudeau government is now doing, it also promised its deficit spending would improve the economy by investing in public infrastructure.

All that’s done is to make Ontario’s Liberal government the most indebted sub-sovereign (non-national) borrower in the world.

As former Ontario auditor general Jim McCarter noted in his 2011 annual report, Liberal government spending on infrastructure projects such as wind and solar power, ended up creating mostly temporary jobs.

In addition, McCarter said, the Ontario Liberals failed to take into account the experience of other jurisdictions that such spending typically causes two to four job losses for every job created, because of the increase in electricity prices that results.

Since deficit spending -- whether by the federal Liberals or the Ontario Liberals -- is really just deferred tax increases or program cuts, we all know what will happen eventually.

Some future government will have to come in and clean up the financial mess the federal and Ontario Liberals have made.

At which point the federal and Ontario Liberals, who will then be in opposition, will pronounce that government “heartless and cruel”.

Again, as Harper noted, we’ve seen it all before.

Harper right about Trudeau’s deficits | Goldstein | Columnists | Opinion | Toron

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your title is not clear. It makes the assumption that Trudeau is "leading" the country into bankruptcy.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    You don't know Canadians are very human even the québécois who have the reputation of most racist in Canada are more human than any other citizen in the world especially Arabs and pakis or afghanies.
    I didn't like his father and I will never like the son too such idiots they are.
    No to religions phobia criminalization including islamophobia as M103

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Your title is not clear. It makes the assumption that Trudeau is "leading" the country into bankruptcy.
    With over 113 BILLION $ deficit in four years,Trudeau must be leading Canada to heaven!! :wideyed::wideyed: Are you serious?!? My title is very clear and this guy's policies are a disaster that many future Canadian generations will have to pay for dearly.... Ever thought how these taxpayers billions would be paid back one day?!? We are going to be bankrupt in fact.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    With over 113 BILLION $ deficit in four years,Trudeau must be leading Canada to heaven!! :wideyed::wideyed: Are you serious?!? My title is very clear and this guy's policies are a disaster that many future Canadian generations will have to pay for dearly.... Ever thought how these taxpayers billions would be paid back one day?!? We are going to be bankrupt in fact.
    Trudeau was elected in November 2015. He has been in government for only one year and a few moths. So, I do not know what you are talking about, maybe you are mistaking him with his father.

Here is the history of our deficits in numbers, can you see where are the surpluses and where are the deficits and who normally fixes deficits.

Canada's deficits and surpluses, 1963 to 2015 - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News

Harper disaster.png

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You don't know Canadians are very human even the québécois who have the reputation of most racist in Canada
    Where did you read about this reputation of the Québecois?

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member

Every Canadian have to make a move against law proposal M103.
    We are not against Muslims we are against violence and the hate in Islam.if we accept this demonic car of Iqra Khalid we are in the way to demolish our freedom no free man or woman can speak or criticize anything or anyone. You will be submitted in peace to Islam the peaceful religion look how it is peaceful look to their teachings in mosques even here in Canada. Stand up we want love and peace, we don't want to live in fear it is enough no fear with the loving God.

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Where did you read about this reputation of the Québecois?
    My québécois friends were outraged when one guy of Qubec mosque said that we will not stay here these people are so racist. Another English Canadian journalist in British Columbia wrote that quebecors are the most racist in Canada.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My québécois friends were outraged when one guy of Qubec mosque said that we will not stay here these people are so racist. Another English Canadian journalist in British Columbia wrote that quebecors are the most racist in Canada.
    I see

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Dear Lebanese empty headed people, if you are so angry, hateful and sectarian Muslims or Christians stay in Lebanon. Canada is a secular state. It was built on the values established by the English revolutionaries in the Magna Carta which is the foundation to the Constitution of Canada. This is a country that separates between your confessions and politics. You want to make war and instigate hate and violence stay in Lebanon. Canada does not need you or your confessional and sectarian disease.

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    Those who voted for trudeau deserve him

Personally i would prefer a retarded squirrel over him or harper

On the plus side trudeau plays league of legends so that should amount to something

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Those who voted for trudeau deserve him

Personally i would prefer a retarded squirrel over him or harper

On the plus side trudeau plays league of legends so that should amount to something
    You know that the Prime Minister as the name indicates is a minister. The executive power in Canada is vested in the Queen. Parliament makes laws by a majority vote on a proposed Bill. The Bill does not become law without Royal Ascent.

Canada is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy
    [article]
    Since 1534, when the King of France claimed possession of what is now Canada, the history of our country has been marked by the reigns of an uninterrupted succession of monarchs, both French and British, who have had a significant influence on our country's development.

Under the Crown, Canada developed first as a colony of two empires, originally the French and subsequently the British, then as an independent dominion, and now as an entirely sovereign nation. The Crown occupies a central place in our Parliament and our democracy, founded on the rule of law and respect for rights and freedoms; the Crown embodies the continuity of the state and is the underlying principle of its institutional unity. The Crown heads all three branches of government: the Executive, where the Prime Minister is the principal advisor; the Legislative, which recognizes the Crown as one of three constituents of Parliament, acting with the consent of the Senate and the House of Commons; and the Judiciary, since all decisions made by the courts are given in the name of the Queen.

The most important characteristic of Canada's constitutional monarchy has been its ability to adapt to changing conditions over the course of our evolution from colony to nation. In the Senate foyer and the Salon de la Francophonie, hang the portraits of the kings and queens in whose names our laws have been, and continue to be, enacted.
    Canada A Constitutional Monarchy
    [/article]
    See also Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982

Reactions: Jo