Huawei: When reality hits home and Trump is America CEO.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
usa is asking for a fair deal that suits both nations

cant you see how much china has benefited from others while protecting their own

china cant have it both ways,

time for china to open up its markets, companies for foreign ownership ( the way the usa does)

anno china blocks FB< whatspp, etc and others have no right to retaliate
chinese can own companies and others cant in china
same goes for banks etc
It is China the one asking for fair trade deals. US is asking for supremacy and control, and using all kind of illegal means to get it, because it is not able to do it within the framework of legality and fairness.

I do not give China credit, where credit is not due, nor like to portray China as I wish it to be, and I have no problem with US protecting its interests. But only its legal interests and only with legal tools.

Fair trade and fair competition: YES.
Terror, theft and government thuggish activities to eliminate competition: NO
Tariffs as means of pressure: Hell NO.

And Facebook was banned in China for reasons that would throw Zuckenberg in jail if they did it in the US...So let's not go there and pretend that Facebook is a victim in that specific chapter.

And frankly...Apps like Facebook and twitter and many more others are well known for what they are originally designed and used for...So let's also not pretend to ignore that too. If you want to talk about national security risks, those would be the first ones to be banned Worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    "In one single sentence you invented limits": No, you invented an act that does not exist, that no one committed and that no one even considered. If you have proof of the opposite, show it.

"invented illegality of bans": No one is discussing the ban itself from the viewpoint of legality. Read again.
    My comment was technical and I pointed it out too.

I do not know what are the particulars of current ban and I do not even care - I trust my president team to do right by me.

However, whether we have "hardware" ban or not right now it could easily materialize later.

In fact, few weeks ago I heard a news that any entity dealing with US government is banned from using Huawei devices and this is being enforces and the only way to do it is by technical means.

As to private use - who cares, use Huawei away.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My comment was technical and I pointed it out too.

I do not know what are the particulars of current ban and I do not even care - I trust my president team to do right by me.

However, whether we have "hardware" ban or not right now it could easily materialize later.

In fact, few weeks ago I heard a news that any entity dealing with US government is banned from using Huawei devices and this is being enforces and the only way to do it is by technical means.

As to private use - who cares, use Huawei away.
    Sure, US companies are being prevented from making business with Huawei in the 5G sector and therefore using Huawei 5G equipment, until further notice. That, we know well, regardless of its practical implementation.

As for Facebook and co., the matter has been made clear enough: Facebook will not come pre-loaded on future Huawei devices. That's Facebook's own terms in matter of complying with the ban order. These apps will then have to be manually installed by users, should they want to use them. Yeah, not a big deal.

PS: Hardware ban means not permitting imports. Your previous issue is different than just a matter of "hardware ban". It suggest Facebook becoming law enforcer of US illegal policies outside the US territory, and breaching trade conventions and consumers rights. Honestly...I wish Facebook does just that.

PS2: i'm not a Huawei user. Hanna is :lol:

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Sure, US companies are being prevented from making business with Huawei in the 5G sector and therefore using Huawei 5G equipment, until further notice. That, we know well, regardless of its practical implementation.

As for Facebook and co., the matter has been made clear enough: Facebook will not come pre-loaded on future Huawei devices. That's Facebook's own terms in matter of complying with the ban order. These apps will then have to be manually installed by users, should they want to use them. Yeah, not a big deal.

PS: Hardware ban means not permitting imports. Your previous issue is different than just a matter of "hardware ban". It suggest Facebook becoming law enforcer of US illegal policies outside the US territory, and breaching trade conventions and consumers rights. Honestly...I wish Facebook does just that.

PS2: i'm not a Huawei user. Hanna is :lol:
    "Facebook will not come pre-loaded on future Huawei devices. That's Facebook's own terms in matter of complying with the ban order".

If that is true, then Facebook is trying to fool US government into appearance of compliance and I doubt they will be able to get way with it.
    Alternatively, it might have nothing to do with a ban and Facebook might be doing it on it own for some reason.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "Facebook will not come pre-loaded on future Huawei devices. That's Facebook's own terms in matter of complying with the ban order".

If that is true, then Facebook is trying to fool US government into appearance of compliance and I doubt they will be able to get way with it.
    Alternatively, it might have nothing to do with a ban and Facebook might be doing it on it own for some reason.
    That is true, declared and acknowledged. How you chose to view, valuate or interpret it, is not relevant. Everyone is free to understand anything the way he likes it, after all.

V

Viral

Huawei dominates global race to 5G despite pressure from Washington

Chinese telecom giant Huawei has secured 50 5G contracts outside the domestic market, according to the company’s senior executive Ding Yun.
    That’s an almost 50 percent gain from the number of contracts reported in February, the executive told a summit on Tuesday ahead of the launch of MWC19 Shanghai (the largest industry annual event in Asia).
    “Huawei has been doing fine, we have to make sure the continuity of our business, not by relying on inventory, but by investing in our core technologies ranging from chipsets to modules to the operating system,” Ding said as quoted by the Global Times newspaper.
    He added that, “Currently, two-thirds of global existing 5G networks are powered by Huawei technologies.”

The company has just helped to launch the 5G commercial network in Saudi Arabia, Huawei’s exec said.

The Shenzhen-based firm has been accused by the United States of spying for the Chinese government. It was barred from doing business with American companies which supply Huawei with necessary parts and technology.
    Since last year, the Trump administration has been pressing allies to ban Huawei from 5G rollouts. Some countries like Australia and Japan have barred Huawei, while others, including India, are yet to take a decision on whether to permit its 5G rollouts. The UK and Spain have already launched 5G commercial networks empowered by Huawei base stations.

Last year, the world’s leading telecommunications solution provider Huawei made the world's first 5G call and launched the first 5G terminal device.

V

Viral

Samsung is so afraid of the Mate X, it might make a copycat before Huawei even releases it

The worst things that Samsung could have imagined for its first foldable phone already happened. First, Huawei’s gorgeous Mate X (image above), that was unveiled just a few days after the Galaxy Fold became official in mid-February, became the talk of the town in Barcelona, Spain, at MWC 2019. To date, the Mate X has the best foldable design out there, especially compared to the ugly Galaxy Fold. Then Samsung had to endure an even bigger humiliation in early April when advance Galaxy Fold units broke left and right forcing the company to recall the phone and postpone the launch so it can fix the screen durability issues. But it turns out that Samsung is so afraid of the Mate X that it wants to release a version of its own. And it wants to do it before the Mate X hits stores in September.
    Soon after the Galaxy Fold and Mate X were introduced, Samsung and Huawei traded punches, each criticizing the other’s design and praising their own. Since then, we saw that Huawei is working on in-folding foldable phones like the Galaxy Fold, which look even better than Samsung’s phone.

Meanwhile, Samsung has a plethora of foldable phone patents of its own, as the company has been developing these devices for years. In the past few days alone, we saw a couple of distinct rumors that said Samsung is making an 8-inch Galaxy Fold version that would ship with a built-in stylus and that it’s also developing a foldable phone that would a look a lot like Motorola’s rumored foldable Razr handset.

And Samsung has more foldable phones in the works, according to The Korea Herald.

The Mate X-like Samsung phone is supposed to launch before September, according to the report, which is when the Mate X is supposed to hit stores. Huawei said a few days ago that September is a worst-case scenario, as the company is waiting for 5G certification for the phone. Huawei postponed the launch of the Mate X recently, and we thought at the time that the Galaxy Fold’s fate might be to blame. That’s always a possibility that Huawei wanted to take extra steps to make sure the Mate X can’t be easily destroyed. Then there’s also the trade war and the import ban that cast a long shadow over Huawei’s launch plans for any devices, Mate X included.

So how can Samsung beat Huawei to market with a Galaxy Fold version that looks like the Mate X? Well, Samsung has been working on such technology for a while, so it’s probably ready to mass-produce such a device. The report notes it had a prototype out last year, but went forward with the in-folding version instead.

“The launch date has yet to be unveiled, but it’s likely to be earlier than the date set for Huawei,” a source spoke of the out-folding Galaxy Fold version. “Suppliers have already begun mass-producing major parts, and possibly even the phone itself.”

“By getting ahead of Huawei and producing the first mass-produced out-folding smartphones, Samsung can claim another world title,” said an unnamed market watcher. Then again, all Samsung did so far is to announce the Galaxy Fold before Huawei unveiled the Mate X. The Galaxy Fold can’t be purchased anywhere in stores because it hasn’t been launched yet. If anything, Samsung can claim to be the world’s first major smartphone vendor to recall a revolutionary phone before it ever shipped to buyers.

The Herald also says that some people think Samsung has actually decided to skip the Galaxy Fold, and instead launch a next version of the handset as early as July, complete with 5G connectivity. Samsung Display recently said it was mass-producing foldable screens for the Galaxy Fold.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    ترامب يقول أنه عقد اتفاق مع الرئيس الصيني بإلغاء العقوبات الأمريكية على هواتف
    #هواوي

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "...I’ve agreed and pretty easily, I’ve agreed to allow them to continue to sell that product. So American companies will continue and they were having a problem, the companies were not exactly happy that they couldn’t sell because they had nothing to do with whatever it was potentially happening with respect to Huawei, so I did do that."

To his credit, Trump took here the right decision, regardless of the potential damage for US market reputation in matters of stability, on the long term.
    This said, and like Sanders put it so rightfully, igniting fires then putting them off, is not a way to conduct business. bullying might work with some, but can also have adverse results with others.

PS: Despite some of his goofy and/or lethal blunders, or his clownish attitude, I would still prefer a Trump, over a Killary or an Oh Mama.

V

Viral

PS: Despite some of his goofy and/or lethal blunders, or his clownish attitude, I would still prefer a Trump, over a Killary or an Oh Mama.
    Trump is priceless. To his opponents more than to his friends.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    usa claiming ( justly) that china owes them more than usa owes them

China Owes The U.S. More Than $1 Trillion In Sovereign Debt, Will The Treasury Department Fight For Its Repayment?
    China's President Xi Jinping (R) shakes hands with US President Donald Trump before a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in Osaka on June 29, 2019. (BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images)

(BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images)

JONNA Z. BIANCOCONTRIBUTOR
    July 02, 20191:13 PM ET
    As President Donald J. Trump meets with G20 leaders in Osaka, Japan all eyes will be on his meetings with China’s President Xi. While the media will focus on trade, President Trump has long said the deal he is negotiating with Xi is designed to resolve all issues with China, not just trade.
    One of the outstanding issues, which is indirectly related to trade and affects thousands of Americans who hope it will be addressed and resolved, is the little-known fact that China owes Americans a larger portion of its national debt than the U.S. owes China. It is time for China to pay its debt just as we pay ours.

What we call today the People’s Republic of China is the successor to the Republic of China government, which came to power in Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s 1911 revolution that ended over 2,000 years of imperial Chinese rule. On the 100th anniversary of the 1911 revolution, the Communist Party leadership gathered in the Great Hall of the People, claimed credit, as they always do, for China’s progress since 1911.
    The truth is that China built itself up by taking Western money and refusing to pay it back. China went to the world capital markets from 1912 onward and raised tens of millions of dollars in a series of syndicated financings of Chinese Government Gold Bonds underwritten by banks from all the major industrialized nations of the world, including J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank, HSBC and the predecessors to Lehman Brothers and Citibank. China was then considered a close ally of the United States and thousands of American families did their patriotic duty by supporting our then-friend China by buying the bonds. These 60-year bonds require repayment by China in gold with liens on Chinese tax revenues as security. (RELATED: China Is Buying Influence In American Media, Does It Impact How They Cover The Communist Power)

WASHINGTON, DC – APRIL 04: U.S. President Donald Trump (R) and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He talk to reporters in the Oval Office at the White House April 04, 2019 in Washington, DC. The New York Times reported Thursday that Trump is likely to announce plans for a future summit meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping to resolve remaining trade issues and sign a final agreement between the U.S. and China. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
    China defaulted on these debts in 1938. When the Communist party seized power in 1949 and renamed the country the People’s Republic of China, China claimed to be sole successor to all of the Republic of China’s rights under the successor state doctrine of international law, but disavowed the ROC’s obligations, including its sovereign debt. As the U.S Court of Appeals has stated: “A monarchy may be transformed into a republic, or a republic into a monarchy; absolute principles may be substituted for constitutional, or the reverse; but though the government changes, the nation remains, with rights and obligations unimpaired.”
    If the PRC succeeds to the ROC’s rights, like a permanent seat on the U.N. Security Council and many others, then the same One China Policy requires the PRC to succeed to the ROC’s obligations.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Underestimating your adversary...

Dow tumbles over 800 points as U.S.-China trade fight intensifies
    "Underestimating your adversary"

Why would you think that such obvious move would be underestimated - do not rush things, give it few days and everything will bounce back.

V

Viral

"Underestimating your adversary"

Why would you think that such obvious move would be underestimated - do not rush things, give it few days and everything will bounce back.
    I think Trump learned a very valuable lesson today. STOP MESSING WITH CHINA!!!
    If he loses the re-elections, it will be his own fault...