Huawei: When reality hits home and Trump is America CEO.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ok let's start over with few ideas here :lol:

remember agriculture products are finite in nature
how much can australia and agrentina supply ????
usa agriculture productions is so huge that no nation can do without

usa can simply raise the % of methanol ( made by corn ans oy bean) in gas and problem solved ( usa already done that )
also other nations will pick up the shortfall ( mexico, india)
markets are fluid and the quantities are finite
usa can also raise prices on wheat, corn, other products , as they can easily do ( they alway pay farmers not to farm, to keep rpices high, that a decades old usa policy)
I don't know where you come up with these...really. This is a a funny theory with no head nor tail. Just some story to help you feel more at ease I guess. Built on one assumption over another wishful thinking. Reality is much different of course.

so despite those g;llom and doom ( written by looney left articles)
usa beef doing muchg better with or withiut china
Again with your "leftists" smearing against anyone who doesn't agree with you. And again, this is not a valid argument and this does not make what you say anymore true or false.

As for "USA beef doing much better without China"...Seriously? When did anyone discuss US beef and China? Lek Ya Zalame...The article just gave an example when he mentioned how thanks to Trump policies, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada prefer now to buy from Japan rather than from the US.

Re7t 3meltelleh Yeha China W Food stock, W leftists...

that goes to show you THAT CAPITALISM WORKS
You are fighting for protectionism and State meddling in, and directing private business, W Jeyeh Te7kine Bel Capitalism? :lol:
CIA run business is Capitalist now?

BTW WHAT HAPPEN TO CHINA THREATS TO STOP SELLING RARE EARTH MATERIALS ??? guess they realized its another empty threat
China NEVER officially threatened to stop selling rare Earth material. And thank God we did not yet reach this stage. Again...you read too much fake news. You draw too many conclusions based on too many unfounded claims, and you credit yourself with too much victories, over declared enemies that never fought you.

AND MOST IMPORTANT

MY HANDSET IS HUWAEI AND IF THE SANCTIONS ARE NOT LIFTED ., THIS SUMMER I WILL BE FORCED TO BUY IPHONE OR SAMSUNG ( WHICH I BOTH HATE, i have been using huwaeo for the past 4 years) but now i cant anymnore

SO WILL YOU BUY HUWAEI ???
SINCE YOU ARE SO PRO CHINA, GO AN BUY ONE
Hahaha...Another clear example that you read too much fake news.

First of all, Huawei phones that were conceived and sold BEFORE the ban, will not be affected. They will still be working just like they were working the day you bought them. So don't worry and get all spooked out about your phone.

Second...if this situation is not solved in a matter of few days, then expect in the fall, the release of a Huawei phone with a new operating sustem, faster than Android for sure, with almost all of the apps you want, (except maybe facebook, but that for other reasons, but that's not sure) still with Intel board and ARM chips I believe, since Huawei has a stock for at least 6 months of production ahead, and with better overall functionality....All this, for much cheaper than Samsung or Apple. So no worries either, should that happen. Biggest loser: Google

Third, I'm not Pro-China or Anti-China. I'm not Pro-anyone or Anti-anyone...well...maybe except few Arabs around...Lebanese included btw... You maybe are putting yourself in a certain camp and espousing his friends and foes...One day you wanted to bring down rocket man, but then the next day he became your respectable friend...Not for me. I prefer to live in a much slower and wiser universe.:lol:

But hey...Since you're Anti-China...How about you ditch all your Made in China stuff, and replace it immediately with Made in USA stuff...If you can of course ;)

again fo you deny that many companies are moving production away form china ???? do you
who loss is that
yes part are coming back to usa , at least thats some gain
but once a job is gone., its gone for ever
I already told you earlier. What you call "companies moving production form china", is not what you like to imagine it to be.
Yes many companies move from China, and many companies move to China. It's a big market and an ongoing process. Nothing to do with trade war, despite all the Trumpist claims.

And for your info, China has been working for a while now to have small and low tech companies move away. Read about "Made in China 2025", instead of constantly hanging to mere wishes.

As for "once a job is gone., its gone for ever"...This should not be a warning to give to others, but a warning the US should give itself. As I told you before, once you lose a market, you usually never come back. Good luck losing a 1.3 Billion consumers booming market.

china cant afford the foreign companies hemorrhaging jobs
if this continues and china is hit with 25% to 20% duty on all $800bil usa sales , that will be the biggest mistake china ever made
Yeah if you wish so...But reality screams otherwise.

CAPITALISM WORKS
CHINA CANT FIGHT CAPITALISM
You sound like a cold war era broken record...Things have changed from then. Today China is the Capitalist and USA is an Oligarchy, that turns into socialo-communist tools to protect itself from competition.

i would say it will drop more than that ( ,more like 70 to 80%) , way more
as no one will buy a smart phone that cant connect to media giants
foreign markets is where the real profits and foreign currency are

again, he can always take over chinese market ( who cares, that wiull put HTC and similar chinese companies out of cell business )

I FOR ONE, A LOYAL HUWAEI CLIENT , WONT BUY IT , if issue not sorted it by august.
Yeah don't worry, when/if Huawei sells smartphones at a later time, you will still get your favorite apps in it, but not through Google maybe. Which might even be better, who knows.

As for your projection about the drop in sales...I doubt it, and anyway,I can't argue with that. I say we wait and see.

Huawei’s overseas cellphone sales will drop by 40%, Ren said, confirming a Bloomberg report published Sunday. But the Chinese market is growing rapidly, and Huawei will not allow restrictive measures to curb its research and development, he added.
Yes that means exactly what it means. That's most of the 30 Billions of non realized profits, out of 130 Billions of yearly profits.

i always side with capitalism vs Chinese dictatorship
Wrong.

You are siding with US State run Oligarchy, against Chinese State driven Capitalism.

I HAVE WITNESSED WHAT CHINESE COMPANIES DID TO MANY AFRICAN NATIONS AND HOW THEY WERE LIKE A PLAGUE IN HURTING THE LOCALS

china imperialism IS BY FAR MUCH WORST THAN USA

trust me on this one, i have seen chinese tactics first hand

SO YES, I WILL GO WITH USA OVER THIS ONE
You need to tell that to Japanese and Europeans who have also tasted the bitterness of CIA putsches and dirty tricks against their corporate interests, in favor of corporate US businesses.

You talk about supporting a superpower in its use of all its power and influence around the World to curb the success of a private company, with no other reason than its inability to compete with it, and after that, you want people to accept that as a good or justifiable thing, just because it comes from a country that you hate?

And you really believe that this is capitalism? lol

of cpurse i will

i meant
you wont be able to use your chinese made huwaei to comments on OF ( twitter, FB )
due to system restrictions ;)

but you cant call me whatsapp :)
Hahaha....Lik I know what you meant. Again, it's not true. Your actual Huawei will still function like the day you got it.
My Iphone on the other hand, is not guaranteed. At any time Apple might introduce a new update that makes my phone over night, painfully slow, weirdly misbehaving and insanely battery draining, just to force me to get a new one....;)

• Advertisement
  • Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Could become a reality sooner than expected...

How Huawei's OS might REPLACE Android.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fireworks owner speaks out on US-China trade war

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are underestimating China. I am not saying that USA will go bankrupt, but a the moment where the global economy is slow they cannot afford any step back.
    China may lose on the short term. But they have the capability/resources and the technology and a huge domestic market to adapt.
    I will be the first one to buy a new Huawei with their new operating system. Really!
    Why should you lock yourself to Google/Apple/Microsoft ? What stops USA from sanctioning us Lebanese? They have a reason they can use it anytime.

Chinese internal market is weak and based on small items mainly
    china makes its money from overseas sales and thats how they got themselves rich
    so they cant go on poking their main CLIENT

as for resources, USA is one the most nations when it comes to self sufficiency ...there is no comparison even.

food security, usa is more than self sufficient, while china is not
    same goes for natural resources

all usa is asking is for china to stop its predatory tactics towards it and to have a balanced trade and mutual beneficial agreements

great buy HUwaei and shut yourself out of FB, Twitter, Forum, google. youtube, whatspp, and 100 of others applications etc...

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't know where you come up with these...really. This is a a funny theory with no head nor tail. Just some story to help you feel more at ease I guess. Built on one assumption over another wishful thinking. Reality is much different of course.

this regulation easing alone will increase local demands for soybean and corn by millions of bushels

SUMMARY:

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is proposing regulatory changes to allow gasoline blended with up to 15 percent ethanol to take advantage of the 1-pound per square inch (psi) Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) waiver that currently applies to E10 during the summer months. EPA is also proposing an interpretive rulemaking which defines gasoline blended with up to 15 percent ethanol as “substantially similar” to the fuel used to certify Tier 3 motor vehicles. Finally, EPA is proposing regulatory changes to modify certain elements of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) compliance system, in order to improve functioning of the renewable identification number (RIN) market and prevent market manipulation.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    China NEVER officially threatened to stop selling rare Earth material. And thank God we did not yet reach this stage. Again...you read too much fake news. You draw too many conclusions based on too many unfounded claims, and you credit yourself with too much victories, over declared enemies that never fought you.

they did that ( there are many articles on the threat) unofficially through their main newspapers and some politicians
    it was a test and they realised its not in their best interest to do such
    as there are alternatives to chinese production

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes that means exactly what it means. That's most of the 30 Billions of non realized profits, out of 130 Billions of yearly profits.

profits are made through foreign sales

nokia sells millions of handets of tel and barely makes profits
    cause they lost the high end lucrative marlet

and thats huwaei fate if they are shut out of high end foreign markets

huwaei pones were competing with iphone and now they arent in the competition ( due to usa sanctions)

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You need to tell that to Japanese and Europeans who have also tasted the bitterness of CIA putsches and dirty tricks against their corporate interests, in favor of corporate US businesses.

You talk about supporting a superpower in its use of all its power and influence around the World to curb the success of a private company, with no other reason than its inability to compete with it, and after that, you want people to accept that as a good or justifiable thing, just because it comes from a country that you hate?

And you really believe that this is capitalism? lol

i will take cia over chinese predatory tactics anytime

so will japan, europe and most nations
    they will gladly choose the lesser evil ( cia ) any time , any day

there is no comparison when it comes to chinese ecocnoic brutalkity and how they su ck nations dry

try and see whats happenihg to

srilnaka
    kenya
    zimbabwe
    and so many other nations

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    this regulation easing alone will increase local demands for soybean and corn by millions of bushels
    Those are wishes and dreams. Sa77tein if this ever happens. I would be happy for them. But for now, it's hell and worse to come.

they did that ( there are many articles on the threat) unofficially through their main newspapers and some politicians
    it was a test and they realised its not in their best interest to do such
    as there are alternatives to chinese production
    They never threatened officially. As for unofficially, there were titles in the Western Press, (maybe leaked, why not) that this COULD be an alternative. No one, even the biggest liars among the pressitutes, claimed that China DECIDED to do that.

China never DECIDED let alone Declare anything in that regard, for anyone to claim that they backed-off from it.

profits are made through foreign sales
    That was at the beginning...Long time ago. Not anymore today. Chinese market has become the main client of major Chinese Juggernauts. You should update your info.

nokia sells millions of handets of tel and barely makes profits
    cause they lost the high end lucrative marlet
    Nokia's main problem is that it did not, or was not able to get itself into the smartphone market. They woke up too late. They launched a new strategy less than 2 years ago, to try and catch up. They might, eventually, but they need to move much faster than this.

and thats huwaei fate if they are shut out of high end foreign markets
    Huawei will not be shut out of foreign markets. At worst, it will lose the US market.

huwaei pones were competing with iphone and now they arent in the competition ( due to usa sanctions)
    They aren't in the competition in the US. Everywhere else they will stay, granted a temporary setback.
    But don't think for a moment that if Huawei is permanently banned from the US, then the IPhone will benefit from it. Not at all. Because in this case, expect the sales of IPhones in China to drop to ZERO overnight. That's a big chunk of IPhones Worldwide sales, and a deadly blow to Apple's revenues. And I'm not even mentioning the case where Apple would be banned from China.

i will take cia over chinese predatory tactics anytime

so will japan, europe and most nations
    they will gladly choose the lesser evil ( cia ) any time , any day

there is no comparison when it comes to chinese ecocnoic brutalkity and how they su ck nations dry

try and see whats happenihg to

srilnaka
    kenya
    zimbabwe
    and so many other nations
    Yeah well obviously you chose a camp, for right or for wrong. I personally, prefer to stay free and flexible. Not my war.

they can buy from vietnam
    lazy asses
    If they could, they would have already.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That was at the beginning...Long time ago. Not anymore today. Chinese market has become the main client of major Chinese Juggernauts. You should update your info.

good for them
    they can rely oin chinese marlet

as for foreign market

let me see who will buy a tel, that cant connect to FB, Google ( mail) , whatsapp,ahhhh instagram , etc

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Huawei's CEO isn't worried about $30B revenue hit from US ban
    The company still expects to pull in $100 billion in revenue this year, Ren Zhengfei tells CNBC, adding that he would answer if President Donald Trump ever called.

JUNE 19, 2019

In this photo illustration a Huawei logo seen displayed on a

Huawei is staying calm about its financials in the midst of the drama.

Chinese mobile phone maker Huawei is set to lose $30 billion this year because of trade problems with the US and other countries around the world. But the company's CEO, Ren Zhengfei, isn't stressing out about it, he told CNBC in an interview on Wednesday.

Huawei's original forecast for this year was $130 billion, but at an event on Monday, Ren said the company had reassessed its expectations. The company, the second largest phone brand in the world, is still expecting to pull in $100 billion of revenue in 2019, he told CNBC, which was roughly the same as last year.

"I don't see that problem, because in the Chinese market, the consumer business has not seen a decline," he said. "We believe the $30 billion US will be a very small thing."

The US has ramped up its actions against the company this year, even banning the sale of Huawei phones. This is having a ripple effect around the world, as other countries mull potential security dilemmas posed by the company -- in particular its telecommunications infrastructure equipment -- with the rollout of 5G. Huawei has consistently denied that its phones and other products are a security risk and insisted it doesn't have strong, far-reaching links with China's ruling Communist Party.

During the interview, Ren also said he would take President Donald Trump's phone call if it was ever on offer.

"Of course I would like to pick it up," CNBC translated Ren as saying. "We can communicate and achieve cooperation, to achieve win-win ... let's work together to build an informed society. We can all contribute, because US is still very leading and advanced, and Huawei will only be able to be leading in a very focused area."

The interview follows President Trump reportedly telling the press in late May that he could use an offer to reverse the blacklisting of Huawei as leverage in the escalating Chinese-American trade tensions.

The US last month added Huawei to its "entity list," and Trump signed an executive order essentially banning the company in light of national security concerns that Huawei had close ties with the Chinese government.

Huawei had filed a motion in US court to have US legislation that bars federal agencies from buying its products ruled unconstitutional, and has also sent an ex parte memo to the FCC in which it objects to being banned on the grounds of national security threats.

Hardware and software vendors have been fleeing Huawei: Amazon Japan reportedly no longer offers Huawei devices for sale, and last month, Google locked Huawei out of its Android updates, though the US Commerce Department granted it a three-month general license to update existing devices.

In a turnaround, Microsoft began selling its existing inventory of Huawei MateBook laptops earlier this week, saying it "will continue to respond to the many business, technical and regulatory complexities."

Huawei at the end of May moved to trademark the name of its operating system, Hongmeng, in Peru.

First published at 5:50 a.m. PT on June 19.
    Updated at 3:33 p.m. PT: adds info on Ren answering Trump call; adds background on Huawei ban

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Huawei's CEO isn't worried about $30B revenue hit from US ban
    The company still expects to pull in $100 billion in revenue this year, Ren Zhengfei tells CNBC, adding that he would answer if President Donald Trump ever called.

JUNE 19, 2019

In this photo illustration a Huawei logo seen displayed on a

Huawei is staying calm about its financials in the midst of the drama.

Chinese mobile phone maker Huawei is set to lose $30 billion this year because of trade problems with the US and other countries around the world. But the company's CEO, Ren Zhengfei, isn't stressing out about it, he told CNBC in an interview on Wednesday.

Huawei's original forecast for this year was $130 billion, but at an event on Monday, Ren said the company had reassessed its expectations. The company, the second largest phone brand in the world, is still expecting to pull in $100 billion of revenue in 2019, he told CNBC, which was roughly the same as last year.

"I don't see that problem, because in the Chinese market, the consumer business has not seen a decline," he said. "We believe the $30 billion US will be a very small thing."

The US has ramped up its actions against the company this year, even banning the sale of Huawei phones. This is having a ripple effect around the world, as other countries mull potential security dilemmas posed by the company -- in particular its telecommunications infrastructure equipment -- with the rollout of 5G. Huawei has consistently denied that its phones and other products are a security risk and insisted it doesn't have strong, far-reaching links with China's ruling Communist Party.

During the interview, Ren also said he would take President Donald Trump's phone call if it was ever on offer.

"Of course I would like to pick it up," CNBC translated Ren as saying. "We can communicate and achieve cooperation, to achieve win-win ... let's work together to build an informed society. We can all contribute, because US is still very leading and advanced, and Huawei will only be able to be leading in a very focused area."

The interview follows President Trump reportedly telling the press in late May that he could use an offer to reverse the blacklisting of Huawei as leverage in the escalating Chinese-American trade tensions.

The US last month added Huawei to its "entity list," and Trump signed an executive order essentially banning the company in light of national security concerns that Huawei had close ties with the Chinese government.

Huawei had filed a motion in US court to have US legislation that bars federal agencies from buying its products ruled unconstitutional, and has also sent an ex parte memo to the FCC in which it objects to being banned on the grounds of national security threats.

Hardware and software vendors have been fleeing Huawei: Amazon Japan reportedly no longer offers Huawei devices for sale, and last month, Google locked Huawei out of its Android updates, though the US Commerce Department granted it a three-month general license to update existing devices.

In a turnaround, Microsoft began selling its existing inventory of Huawei MateBook laptops earlier this week, saying it "will continue to respond to the many business, technical and regulatory complexities."

Huawei at the end of May moved to trademark the name of its operating system, Hongmeng, in Peru.

First published at 5:50 a.m. PT on June 19.
    Updated at 3:33 p.m. PT: adds info on Ren answering Trump call; adds background on Huawei ban

It is impossible not to worry about 26% decline in a single year, next year will be the same if not worse and they know it.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    good for them
    they can rely oin chinese marlet

as for foreign market

let me see who will buy a tel, that cant connect to FB, Google ( mail) , whatsapp,ahhhh instagram , etc

Only Google services will not be available. And the only service that really counts, would be Google maps. The rest: Frata. (never used any of them and never felt the need for it)

The rest are available in apps, free to download and use, with or without Google's Android system. (Although they are already outmatched by others and might soon become a thing of the past...Life expectancy of Apps is becoming short these days).

Try Aptoide. I use it a lot to install Android based apps that Google's Android doesn't offer for tablets and Android TV boxes.

As for Facebook...What a curse! Good riddance. Except Arabs, most people are turning away from it.

So all in all, your "concerns" are unfounded, and at best, negligible.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Only Google services will not be available. And the only service that really counts, would be Google maps. The rest: Frata. (never used any of them and never felt the need for it)

The rest are available in apps, free to download and use, with or without Google's Android system. (Although they are already outmatched by others and might soon become a thing of the past...Life expectancy of Apps is becoming short these days).

Try Aptoide. I use it a lot to install Android based apps that Google's Android doesn't offer for tablets and Android TV boxes.

As for Facebook...What a curse! Good riddance. Except Arabs, most people are turning away from it.

So all in all, your "concerns" are unfounded, and at best, negligible.
    Surprisingly I find myself agreeing with you point.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is impossible not to worry about 26% decline in a single year, next year will be the same if not worse and they know it.
    It's not really a decline actually. Technically, it's an expected growth, that will not take place for the year to come and the next, probably.
    2 Years stagnation if you want...But still, with 100 Billion Dollars revenues per year.
    That's still a lot of cash and they have much more in reserve to sustain much worse than that and still keep growing.