Hussein Husseini

Secular Lebanon

What do you think about Hussein Husseini ?
I know some FPMers have grudges against him since Taef but I think he is the best candidate today for speaker of parliament.
He is moderate, civilized, he cares about the institutions. he is certainly better than Berri.

Secular Lebanon

I would like a new figure but there is a US veto on a Hezbbollah Speaker. and Berri will not accept easily another amal mp if its not him.
So, we're left only with the few independent Chia MP's. Bassem al Sabeh is Pro-hariri.
So it is either Husseini or Berri

LebanesePride

Hes less bad than Berri, yes.
But idnt say hes my choice or that hed make a good speaker.

We may not have much AGAINST HIM, but what do we have WITH him?
Ive heard his role in taef even went as far as him personnally delivering money to some deputies....

I dont like having presidents "bala chakhsiyyeh", who dont have much in their credit.

TonyFPM

What about Abbas Hachem, I know he's not a serious candidate, but don't U think he could be better than voting a white card?

Chrysostomos

TonyFPM said:
What about Abbas Hachem, I know he's not a serious candidate, but don't U think he could be better than voting a white card?
I do prefer a white card if voting for Mr. Abbas Hachem will change nothing....ya3neh al ma7adel le72ina 3ala al majles:S

RienZei

The Country is caged inside Sectarian Cells, most of the people begun to think sectarian all thanks to the elections campaigns!

I was watching today Charles Ayoub at LBCI, he mentioned that on his way to Adma he saw a slogan written on a wall or something where it say: "Baabda and Bkerki are Twins!"
Amazing eh?
During the North elections we all heard about the Mufti of the north telling believers to vote for Hariri, so it also became that the Prime minister post and "Dar al Efta" are also twins.
Walid Jounblat have worn the Druze' Robe 2 days after his Father -Martyr Kamal Jonblat- Died on 16/3/1977.
Lately on Sunday of North's elections the Patriarch implied that General Aoun is the Christians leader.

In this messy mud of sectarianism, does anyone think that the shia won't take the issue of the Speaker in a sectarian way?
If you think not, then I advise you to take a walk through the streets of Tyr and Dahieh.

TonyFPM

RienZei, if U think so, than noone has the right to discuss the presidency exept GMA and the patriarche. This is not the solution.
GeneralDave, at least, we would have offered a good choice to the lebaneses and we would have done our duty and not give up.

TonyFPM

2enno the chiites will take it the sectarian way.
if so, the country will be in real danger, chiites choose the 3rd chair, sunnites the 2nd one, and the christians the 1st one.
In fact, what's happening in Lebanon is that the chiites will choose their chair, the sunnites will also choose theirs, and everybody will choose the 1st chair.

RienZei

uhu true,
I didn't say I agree with this but it is the case these days this is how things works
The only way to fix this is through real elections according to Taef, and we should start implementing the Senate House to work fast on a solution.

Chrysostomos

TonyFPM said:
GeneralDave, at least, we would have offered a good choice to the lebaneses and we would have done our duty and not give up.
When you submit a white card, it doesn't always mean that you are giving up...we will be just showing that we do oppose what's going on...
Tony do remember that we will be the opposition in the parliament...Let's start by opposing from the first day IMHO

TonyFPM

GeneralDave, I don't see if we're gonna agree together on that issue :p, but I think we should offer another option if we have the capacity. Normally, people vote white when they have no good choices, but I think we have, unless U have stg about Abbas Hachem.

Chrysostomos

I have nothing against Mr. Abbas Hachem but it seems we have two different opinions about this subject.
Like we did oppose the ma7adel in the last elections...we should oppose them in the parliament if our voice will change nothing.

Bullet Magnet

Secular Lebanon said:
What do you think about Hussein Husseini ?
I know some FPMers have grudges against him since Taef but I think he is the best candidate today for speaker of parliament.
He is moderate, civilized, he cares about the institutions. he is certainly better than Berri.

Secular Lebanon,

Can you please dig up his resumes, his deeds and actions? I fail to remember him as a moderate and caring about the institutions. Can you please check his accomplishments during his tenure as speaker?

Rgds,

Carlutchi

lebarmenian said:
Live : Hariri Bloc With Berri

hehehe ....lets wait and see the others what they will say !! Nayla Mouawad, Tueni, Hareb and others.

They are with Hariri & joumblatt & they don't want Berri !
So what do u think they will do ? vote with or against Berri !

SUSPENS !!

LebArmenian

tomorrow , everything would b clear ...

but again , it wont change a thing if the KC and LF voted against berri ... afterall they r just followers ... and their masters have many other followers ( MP's )

Secular Lebanon

Bullet Magnet said:
Secular Lebanon,

Can you please dig up his resumes, his deeds and actions? I fail to remember him as a moderate and caring about the institutions. Can you please check his accomplishments during his tenure as speaker?

Rgds,

Bullet Magnet

Hereunder a short CV

Baalbeck-Hermel MP
Former House Speaker Hussein Husseini

Place & Date of birth: Born in Baalbeck on August 3, 1938.
Sect: Shiite
Marital Status: Married to Hayat el Husseini with 6 children: Randa, Ali, Hassan, Nada, Ahmad, Ihsan.
Educational background: Business Administration Diploma from the University of Cairo.
Professiona Background: Director of the Baalbeck Electricity Company (1956-1963). President of Shmistar Municipality (1957-1998).
Political background: Elected Baalbek-Hermel MP in 1972, 1992, 1996, and 2000. Former Speaker of Parliament (1984-1992). Chaired the Lebanese parliamentary Taif conclave, which drafted the National Understanding Document titled 'Taif Agreement'. Co-founder of Amal Movement (1973), initialled known as the 'Movement of the Opressed'. Close associate of disappeared Imam Moussa Sadr. Former president of Amal Movement (1978-1980).
Political Affiliation: Member of the newly founded 'National Front': Announced on Sepetember 1, 2003, the Front is a six-member mulisectarian entitiy aimed at introducing reforms and change. Alongside Husseini, the Front groups former prime minister Selim Hoss, former premier Omar Karami, former minister Albert Mansour, and MPs Butors Harb and Nayla Moawad.
Current Political Status: Parliament Member
Contact Information: Tel: Residence: 01-866200/1/2/3/4, 01- 861900/1. Office: 08-330333, 08-330661. Mobile: 03-383777.

+ Here is a link to an article/interview about him http://www.rjliban.com/interview7.htm

Hope the moderators won't mind.

I am not saying he is ideal, he might seem weak-willed and certainly lacks charisma, (+ lacks energy lol) but he was not a militia man and he's certainly better than Berri. He was close to Mussa El Sadr and remained faithful to Sadr's line.

Ogg

Vote Abbas Hachem! give an option for the rest. Build something for the future!
but, I guess it would be received as against the will of the Shiites..
too bad, for my country.