• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

i find that to be interesting.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
I think this map has errors. An older map of 1841 seems to have the names we use today.

View attachment 19581
too bad we can't switch to satellite view to see how green it was and no construction littered the landscape by then.

Here is an example from 1920
1597415337035.png

and this Jounieh 1950

1597415426980.png

The Harissa view from the water was still almost still pristine even in 1990, but then the whole view from the beach got messed up after they built the whole mountain, It is irreversable now unfortunately...

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
45 moments that changed the Middle East.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Very interesting watch
Some ex KGB fugitive explaining how to apply a political change in an enemy country
He goes through very detailed step by step representation of the operation

based on his interpretation
it takes 4 steps to push for that change
Demoralization --> Destabilization --> Crisis --> Normalization
If you follow his explanation and compare it to our situation in Lebanon, you'll realize that we're currently deep into the crisis stage waiting for our savior (be it a foreign country or a civil war/coup etc) to then normalize the situation
Ironically he refers to the 1975 Lebanese civil war as an example where the PLO were 'injected' into Lebanese society to cause the civil war and lead to the 'normalization' we're living today.

@SAVO you've probably seen this already, but it's highly recommended

SAVO

Very interesting watch
Some ex KGB fugitive explaining how to apply a political change in an enemy country
He goes through very detailed step by step representation of the operation

based on his interpretation
it takes 4 steps to push for that change
Demoralization --> Destabilization --> Crisis --> Normalization
If you follow his explanation and compare it to our situation in Lebanon, you'll realize that we're currently deep into the crisis stage waiting for our savior (be it a foreign country or a civil war/coup etc) to then normalize the situation
Ironically he refers to the 1975 Lebanese civil war as an example where the PLO were 'injected' into Lebanese society to cause the civil war and lead to the 'normalization' we're living today.

@SAVO you've probably seen this already, but it's highly recommended

yes i saw it . long time ago .the guy is a crook , he was a CIA agent...
but he say interesting things ..

SAVO

the contraddictions into the capitalist society made it easy for KGB in destabilisation techniques..

in the lebanese case , those same contraddictions came to the surface alone without any push... due to curruption , political analphabetism , and regional conflicts ..

SAVO

German generals of WWII were real badass.. leading a formidable war machine .. but strategically they miserably failed ..

i hold respect for Rommel ..

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
German generals of WWII were real badass.. leading a formidable war machine .. but strategically they miserably failed ..

i hold respect for Rommel ..

My preferred one is Erich Von Manstein, he was called the Magician.
He was respected by the allied, and when he got out of prison West Germany hired him to help build the bundeswehr.
Unfortunately for him Hitler didn't listen to him, to help free the 6th army trapped in Stalingrad.

1602963347473.png

SAVO

My preferred one is Erich Von Manstein, he was called the Magician.
He was respected by the allied, and when he got out of prison West Germany hired him to help build the bundeswehr.
Unfortunately for him Hitler didn't listen to him, to help free the 6th army trapped in Stalingrad.

View attachment 21749

there was no way out for the german army in stalingrad btw ..

yes i agree on Von manstein , he was a remarkable person

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No joke. One of the best mental therapies and physical workouts I've seen. Just watch to the end and you'll lose half a kilo of your belly fat just lying on your favorite sofa, and with a feel-good feeling afterwards.