• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

I have just tested positive for COVID-19. Ask Me Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

covid.ama

Hello Guys,

I have been invited by @Jo; to do this AMA.

I came back yesterday from Madrid and tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19. If you have any questions for me regarding my whole experience, how i caught the virus and the Lebanese government procedures ask here and i will try my best to answer them as soon as i can.

Stay Safe

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Do you know who did you get the virus from? What situation, got you to get the virus (work, family, friends)?
Any symptoms?

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
Hello Guys,

I came back yesterday from Madrid and tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19. If you have any questions for me regarding my whole experience, how i caught the virus and the Lebanese government procedures ask here and i will try my best to answer them as soon as i can.

Stay Safe
Hello!
Is getting "swabbed" for the PCR test as disturbing as they say?

Also, how would you rate the precautionary measures being taken by governmental bodies to get you guys back home safely? Anything you feel might have been overlooked?

Finally, what movies/series/video games do you plan on busying yourself with during quarantine. Need any recommendations?

Cheers, w 7amdella 3al saleme!

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
hello and welcome to our little community!

were you an expat in spain or just visiting? and if its the first case why were u so eager to go back to lebanon?

hope everything comes up milhouse for you :)

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Hi Good luck with this! and get well soon...if bored in confinement join is in other threads!

Can you describe your airport/arrival/expatriation from Madrid to Beirut how the procedure was?

Full plane? tested in madrid or lebanon? hotel and hospital transport procedures?

Thank you for doing this!

Rafidi

Legendary Member
@Jo

I would like to suggest you close the thread after every 10 questions. In that way the OP wont be overwhelmed and he can answer all the questions at his own pace and also, we can follow up on all questions and make sure questions are not repeated.

Let us not forget that he is in hospital. He isnt a politician we are interviewing here.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Hello Guys,

Stay Safe

I believe the questions I have in mind relating to Corona have been or are being asked by others.

Welcome to the forum and I wish you speedy recovery. The only question I have in mind: were you a member on this forum with another name? A simple yes or no would suffice. In other words, no need to identify yourself.

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello Guys,

Stay Safe

Hello @covid.ama , welcome to the Oroom and i hope we can make your confinement a little better by keeping close.

Where were you tested positive? was it upon arriving to Lebanon or in Spain?
Most of the questions on my mind have been already posted but I'll keep an eye on this thread, i'm interested in the symptoms, procedures and overall experience with the Lebanese healthcare system regarding this issue.

All the best and hopefully you'll be back on your healthy feet in no time.

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
Staff member
I believe the questions I have in mind relating to Corona have been or are being asked by others.

Welcome to the forum and I wish you speedy recovery. The only question I have in mind: were you a member on this forum with another name? A simple yes or no would suffice. In other words, no need to identify yourself.
The person was not already a member. They are a complete newcomer to the forums.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
I just want to wish you a speedy recovery, and thanks for putting the effort to share your experience with this virus. I think all what I would ask is already covered by previous questions. Take care buddy.

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forum. I wish you recover very soon.

In addition to the precautions we are asked to make like hand-washing, sanitizing materials, face masks, social distancing etc. what difference would you make in the measures taken after you hopefully get well soon and return home?

I hope this would lift your morale, I've read in NYTimes that after recovery you will be immune for one or two years. Enough time so they find a permanent cure.

I also suggest that you pick up a novel in spare time when the condition allows, and start reading, this will distract and relieve the mind :)

Last edited:

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello Guys,

Stay Safe

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for volunteering to share your experience during what must be a challenging time for you. I hope that, in turn, the forum can help keep you company while you are at the hospital; and, that you have a swift and easy recovery. All the best :)

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hope you get well soon and you don't get any severe symptoms. A small percentage get pneumonia .
You should be close to family and our nurses are some of the best.
Hope it all goes smoothly.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Hello Guys,

Stay Safe
You're probably not washing your hands as religiously as we are, now that you're infected. Right? :cigar:

Salemtak and welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.