• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

I have just tested positive for COVID-19. Ask Me Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

covid.ama

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Do you know who did you get the virus from? What situation, got you to get the virus (work, family, friends)?
Any symptoms?
To be honest, i don’t know from where i got it. I don’t know any of my friends who had the virus, so it could be while i was using the metro or the bus. For my experience, it wasn’t scary at all. I had fever and i was coughing for like 3 to 4 days and then after taking paracetamol and a medicine for coughing, the symptoms were gone but the virus was still in my body and that’s why i was tested positive.

covid.ama

Hello!
Is getting "swabbed" for the PCR test as disturbing as they say?

Also, how would you rate the precautionary measures being taken by governmental bodies to get you guys back home safely? Anything you feel might have been overlooked?

Finally, what movies/series/video games do you plan on busying yourself with during quarantine. Need any recommendations?

Cheers, w 7amdella 3al saleme!
Yeah the test is disturbing, i keep thinking how old people and children can handle it.
The government made an excellent job on how getting the people back. It looked very safe. In the airplane there was at least 1 meter space between people. So there was no chance for people to get infected in the trip back to lebanon. And i’m sure the seven people who were tested positive (i’m one of them) had the virus before in spain.
Now i’m watching suits 👍

covid.ama

hello and welcome to our little community!

were you an expat in spain or just visiting? and if its the first case why were u so eager to go back to lebanon?

hope everything comes up milhouse for you :)
I was living in barcelona and studying. I wasn’t planning to come back but my father passed away last week so i had to come back and stay with my family. But now i got another problem where i have to stay 14 days alone

covid.ama

Hi Good luck with this! and get well soon...if bored in confinement join is in other threads!

Can you describe your airport/arrival/expatriation from Madrid to Beirut how the procedure was?

Full plane? tested in madrid or lebanon? hotel and hospital transport procedures?

Thank you for doing this!
in madrid airport, there was a lebanese guy who taking care of everthing (i think he works with the MEA). He made sure everything was under control like keeping distance between each other and wearing masks... before the boarding, we were entering one by one. Where for each person they give him new gloves and new masks and measuring there fever and asking some questions. In the plane, there was at least 1 meter space between each other. If they saw us removing the masks and ask kindly to put it back.
The plane wasn’t full and i think less than the half of the seats where used.
I was tested in lebanon when we arrived and then they took us by bus to the hotel (9 people in each bus).
When they were taking us to the hospital, we were wearing the full kit that the doctors are wearing.

covid.ama

Hello @covid.ama , welcome to the Oroom and i hope we can make your confinement a little better by keeping close.

Where were you tested positive? was it upon arriving to Lebanon or in Spain?
Most of the questions on my mind have been already posted but I'll keep an eye on this thread, i'm interested in the symptoms, procedures and overall experience with the Lebanese healthcare system regarding this issue.

All the best and hopefully you'll be back on your healthy feet in no time.
I was tested positive when i arrived to lebanon but i had the symptoms like 2 weeks ago (19 march to be exact). I had fever and i coughing a little bit. Taking paracetamol (or panadol) and medicines for coughing would be enough. The lebanese government made a great job for bringing people back safely. The people who were tested positive i’m 100% sure they were infected in spain. No way someone would get infected when we were traveling back to lebanon.

covid.ama

Hello and welcome to the forum. I wish you recover very soon.

In addition to the precautions we are asked to make like hand-washing, sanitizing materials, face masks, social distancing etc. what difference would you make in the measures taken after you hopefully get well soon and return home?

I hope this would lift your morale, I've read in NYTimes that after recovery you will be immune for one or two years. Enough time so they find a permanent cure.

I also suggest that you pick up a novel in spare time when the condition allows, and start reading, this will distract and relieve the mind :)
I think there is nothing more you can do other than those you mentioned. The doctors told me that it’s still not confirmed that after recovery i’ll be immune for 1 or 2 years. Some other doctors say i’ll just be a carrier of the virus without having any symptom.
Well i’m distracting myself bu eating and watching netflix :)

covid.ama

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thank you for volunteering to share your experience during what must be a challenging time for you. I hope that, in turn, the forum can help keep you company while you are at the hospital; and, that you have a swift and easy recovery. All the best :)
thank you!

covid.ama

Welcome!

Did you test positive before or after boarding the plane? What measures did they take on the plane to endure there's no contagion?
I was tested positive when i arrived to lebanon. In the plane there was at least 1 meter space between people
Welcome!

Did you test positive before or after boarding the plane? What measures did they take on the plane to endure there's no contagion?
i was tested positive when i arrived to lebanon.
In the plane there was at least 1 meter space between people while wearing masks and gloves all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.