• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

I have just tested positive for COVID-19. Ask Me Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Advertisement
  • The_FPMer

The_FPMer

The symptoms weren’t painful. It felt like you’re normally sick, just a little bit of fever and coughing also. But of course you get scared because i was living alone and you keep hearing the bad news on the social media. I’m 25 years old
    Are you a smoker?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I was living in barcelona and studying. I wasn’t planning to come back but my father passed away last week so i had to come back and stay with my family. But now i got another problem where i have to stay 14 days alone
    Sorry for your loss.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I don’t know. I was washing my hands a lot and also using hand gel so 🤷‍♂️
    Hi. Glad to see you're improving and hope you will be out of quarantining soon. And sorry for your loss...

I read your answers, and this answer is a little alarming. So you were taking all your precautions (washing hands, etc.) and still you caught it. You mentioned it might have been in the metro or bus.. .were they crowded? do you think you could have touched a handle or something and then touched your mouth/eyes? just probing to see what else people can do to stay safe(r).
    Here we started wearing a mask whenever we go out... in addition to washing hands

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Hi. Glad to see you're improving and hope you will be out of quarantining soon. And sorry for your loss...

I read your answers, and this answer is a little alarming. So you were taking all your precautions (washing hands, etc.) and still you caught it. You mentioned it might have been in the metro or bus.. .were they crowded? do you think you could have touched a handle or something and then touched your mouth/eyes? just probing to see what else people can do to stay safe(r).
    Here we started wearing a mask whenever we go out... in addition to washing hands
    Presymptotic transmission was proven to exist 4 days before you get symptoms, WHO announced it and they even doubt there might as well be some asymptotic transmission, so you can actually get it from anyone thinking they have no symptoms. Washing hands helps but when a lot of people walk around with the virus chances are they are in the air and you go through them and you get infected as well especially when you're in a bus or a metro or in crowded cities when it is hard not to walk in people's passages.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    We'd like to thank @covid.ama for his time and wish him a very speedy recovery. We really appreciate you passing by and answering our questions. Good luck and good health to you! Don't hesitate to pop in again sometime in the future to let us know how you're doing.

We hope to be back with new AMAs soon. Thanks for participating, everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.