I Like Charbel Nahhas, but...

zero

zero

I had to create this thread because I think a lot of people agree with most of what Nahhas says, but I would like to identify what people of different political backgrounds dont like about him. How can we adjust his message to reach more people?

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Got my Sot tofdili im 2018....and when i mentionned it here are some of the critics i have gotten:

useful vote: he is alone not that popular so not going to win....so it is a useless vote

too leftit: you voted for a communist ..so what?

even if he wins: so he won ...1 deputee what is he going to be able to do ?!

Those are the ones i remember but i do not regret my vote. I think now after this whole thing he has gotten a bit more popular and in the spotlight and i hope these have dissipated...

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I'm not an FPMer to have a reason to hate Charbel Nahas.
    He sounds like a decent man.

Aounists hate Nahhas because he stood up to their allies' corruption.
    Aounists were deeply in bed with their corrupt buddies at the time and didn't wanna upset them. They were all sharing part of the cake.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    I'm not an FPMer to have a reason to hate Charbel Nahas.
    He sounds like a decent man.

Aounists hate Nahhas because he stood up to their allies' corruption.
    Aounists were deeply in bed with their corrupt buddies at the time and didn't wanna upset them. They were all sharing part of the cake.
    Who told you Aounists hate Nahhas? Why do you guys always generalize? If I'm not mistaken, everyone hated Nahhas when he was with FPM. He was the most hated minister. Faj2a, when he left, he became a decent man :lol:

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    Very smart, very articulate, very capable.
    Essentially not a politician or an effective power player. He should be tasked with coming up with plans to “design” the new constitutional / institutional model for the state but provide him with the power base to get these through. He wouldn’t know how to “operationalize” the design in this current set ip

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    He lectures a little too much and my guess is that 90% of what he says goes above 90% of the heads he's trying to reach.

Simpler message, more headlines than detail, which for an honest academic is not easy to do.

Don't forget that there's almost a blackout on him in the media. So all he has is Facebook and amateurish PR. He does not have the finances of sabaa.

A lot of former m14ers also distrust him because of supposedly closer ties to m8 but he certainly let all of that dissipate.

Overall he's done an incredible job. Remember he's facing masters and their herds. It's not easy to convince the sheep to get out of the herd into a possible unknown. He's building and building and getting there.

A lot of people in the protests have "stolen" his ideas, which is great. He's been a frontrunner in spreading awareness and a clear vision about the current political class .

Last edited:
    I

illusion84

He lectures a little too much and my guess is that 90% of what he says goes above 90% of the heads he's trying to reach.

Simpler message, more headlines than detail, which for an honest academic is not easy to do.

Don't forget that there's almost a blackout on him in the media. So all he has is Facebook and amateurish PR. He does not have the finances of sabaa.

A lot of former m14ers also distrust him because of supposedly closer ties to m8 but he certainly let all of that dissipate.

Overall he's done an incredible job. Remember he's facing masters and their herds. It's not easy to convince the sheep to get out of the herd into a possible unknown. He's building and building and getting there.

A lot of people in the protests have "stolen" his ideas, which is great. He's been a frontrunner in spreading awareness and a clear vision about the current political class .
    Saraha I think that those who do not understand what Nahas is saying should not be allowed to vote.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Saraha I think that those who do not understand what Nahas is saying should not be allowed to vote.
    Charbel Nahas, Ziad Baroud, Chamel Roukoz, Joumana Haddad, Dima Sadek.
    A dream team.

Although I have some reservations about Roukoz due to his pro-HA views.

I

illusion84

Charbel Nahas, Ziad Baroud, Chamel Roukoz, Joumana Haddad, Dima Sadek.
    A dream team.

Although I have some reservations about Roukoz due to his pro-HA views.
    I'm not for civil society figures holeh el dreamers ma biyotla3 min amron shi. They'll fail if ever given responsibilities.

I'm not impressed by either Dima or Joumana.

I think Raya El Hassan could be a good PM.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I'm not for civil society figures holeh el dreamers ma biyotla3 min amron shi. They'll fail if ever given responsibilities.

I'm not impressed by either Dima or Joumana.

I think Raya El Hassan could be a good PM.
    Awlak? What do you have against Dima? She's hated by both M14 and M8 which means she must be doing something good.
    She's just too pro-refugees for my taste.

What makes you think Raya el Hassan is a good candidate? Ma sarla bil aser min mberi7 el 3aser.

Last edited:
    The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Awlak? What do you have against Dima? She's hated by both M14 and M8 which means she must be doing something good.

What makes you think Raya el Hassan is a good candidate? Ma sarla bil aser min mberi7 el 3aser.
    After the failure of ISF in protecting protesters in DT from the hordes of animals... I think she is a failure, since she lacks balls. Oh wait..

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

After the failure of ISF in protecting protesters in DT from the hordes of animals... I think she is a failure, since she lacks balls. Oh wait..
    Instead of recycling old politicians, why don't we give a chance to people who succeeded in their respective fields?
    Why do people only vote for familiar faces? We should judge people based on their skills and qualifications.

A successful engineer with a proven track record of successfully managing big corporations would make good minister of telecommunications, for example.

cedarheart

cedarheart

Charbel Nahhas is one of very few who have been warning us for years about the economical problem and how bad things can get; unfortunately rare are those who listened.
    Some of you might have heard of him for the first time just recently or few years ago, or when he became minister, i personally heard of him for the first time back in 1998 when he (and few others) led an opposition to Hariri's plan to issue bonds in foreign currency. He was silenced and even called names in the media

He and his party/movement have very limited resources but have been doing a relatively excellent job so far
    He is an academic, so it's normal that his speech sounds more like a lecture and probably he can improve on that.

I like him, i would vote for him, i would trust him in /with government (there's no "but" here like in the "thread's" title)

(PS: another personality who has been vocal about the government finances and corruption since 1992, and foresaw where we got is Dr. Hassan Khalil (not to be confused with Ali Hassan Khalil the current minister); i don't know much about him though, i'm better acquainted with Nahhas)

oldschool

oldschool

Everyone knew the situation is bad. Why do you think GMA wanted Salame replaced?

In 2005 i remember GMA saying the state shouldnt pay the debt to banks because they ripped us off before.

But between the ideal "whats right" and applying it, there is a huge difference.

Awal shi, fut 3al entikhabet, byejik alf arrow. before you know it youre the enemy of half the country. Rja3 de2 bi hada bi khoss tayfe aw hezb w shuf sha3bak kif bi oum 3lek. w 3teber 3melet kel hol, bet fezz 3alek amerka w s3oudiye w suria w medre min.

Kelna mnaaref how utopia and perfect countries should be. Nahas e3ed yechrah now how we should manage the crisis. Bass ma charahle kif bado yestelem el hekem. Ano nater el cha3eb yfour w ysalmo el hekem. Mnih. Tayyar ma natar 3a tizo kermel cha3eb ysalmo hekem.

I

illusion84

Dima and Joumana are Journalists; I'm not even sure that Dima is a journalist she's more like a model than anything else.

They do not have any management qualifications.

Raya has been a minister since ages;

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Raya el Hasan has super right views and world bank experience when it comes to the economy and Nahas has far left views on the economy, nishkor alla ma 7ada 3ayankon Prime minister so that you gather Communists and Hawkish Capitalists in the same government, maybe you should appoint Etienne Sakr in this government too, now you get also the fascist far right!

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Raya el Hasan has super right views and world bank experience when it comes to the economy and Nahas has far left views on the economy, nishkor alla ma 7ada 3ayankon Prime minister so that you gather Communists and Hawkish Capitalists in the same government, maybe you should appoint Etienne Sakr in this government too, now you get also the fascist far right!
    Bala habal inta. He's not a communist. Mish heyk bitzeyt 7aki tali3 w nezil.

Go back trying to figure out what MPs can and can't do.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I nominate @Jorje as the spokesman of the thawra on Oroom.