"indecent" Coca Cola Billboards Removed in Tripoli

• Advertisement
  • Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    oh i see some skin ..
    muslims :
    Not muslims, certainly not all muslims... just some self righteous, overzealous people who think they have the right to force their backward ways on everybody

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Blame myself? Lol walk do you even listen to yourself? If almost kissing lead to drama ya zalame - and you think I'm angry

Leilk, you would have never seen these sexist ads, or anything with sexual innuendoes, had it not been for he internet... let's go ahead and ban the internet...

Oh and some kids in Tripoli make out in cars, that's worse than almost kissing and can lead to danicing, go ahead and ban cars! Te3tir... it's like talking to a homo habilis, except they didn't have enough clothes to cover up and that lead to procreation... damn it: they should also be banned...!
    You are still not getting it like the rest of your buddies what an individual do privately is his/her business.. the internet is a world of everything and obviously lots of shit comes with it like the social media among millions of other things but also it can be a sea of learning for those who want to learn!

But public spaces is for all people you take an example of some youngsters making out in a car well that is something which is happening everywhere but again what people choose to do personally it is their own business!

When I say these ads leads to worse ads it means that these corporation will start soft on you and step by step you will see the worst kind of ads all over your streets and we would have people like yourself defending it either way!

@Noborders we understand that you and your likes wont visit the christian areas so that you wont get offended by the billboards, bars and the girls in short skirts?

how cool is that? :p
    Oh you wont get rid of me so easily!!!
    And don't worry I'm not an extremist like you who force my way of life on others and start demanding sexist ads to be hanged on every damn wall!

Not muslims, certainly not all muslims... just some self righteous, overzealous people who think they have the right to force their backward ways on everybody
    Aren't you people all about forcing your "modern" and "open minded" ways on everybody!?

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Blame myself? Lol walk do you even listen to yourself? If almost kissing lead to drama ya zalame - and you think I'm angry

Leilk, you would have never seen these sexist ads, or anything with sexual innuendoes, had it not been for he internet... let's go ahead and ban the internet...

Oh and some kids in Tripoli make out in cars, that's worse than almost kissing and can lead to danicing, go ahead and ban cars! Te3tir... it's like talking to a homo habilis, except they didn't have enough clothes to cover up and that lead to procreation... damn it: they should also be banned...!
    You are still not getting it like the rest of your buddies what an individual do privately is his/her business.. the internet is a world of everything and obviously lots of shit comes with it like the social media among millions of other things but also it can be a sea of learning for those who want to learn!

But public spaces is for all people you take an example of some youngsters making out in a car well that is something which is happening everywhere but again what people choose to do personally it is their own business!

When I say these ads leads to worse ads it means that these corporation will start soft on you and step by step you will see the worst kind of ads all over your streets and we would have people like yourself defending it either way!

@Noborders we understand that you and your likes wont visit the christian areas so that you wont get offended by the billboards, bars and the girls in short skirts?

how cool is that? :p
    And don't worry I'm not an extremist like you who force my way of life on others and start demanding sexist ads to be hanged on every damn wall!

Aren't you people all about forcing your "modern" and "open minded" ways on everybody!?
    Who told you im not from tripoli? Who gave you the right to hijack my community and force your own way of life on me? It is the lebanese law that defines what is decent and what is not, im not forcing anything on you. If this ad is considered indecent it should be removed from all over lebanon, not only from tripoli, because one ugly sheikh doesnt want his wives to be turned on by a pic of a hot dude on the beach

And why would you still come to jounieh if the christians way of life offends you? Walla it offends you in tripoli only?

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Words like Allah Akbar w hal islamic verses is not an insult for those who are not muslims in the city? Man we have been in the city since my great great grandad. Some are imposing their views on us and this is not right. Assad or no Assad the issue is with some people in this city.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Who told you im not from tripoli? Who gave you the right to hijack my community and force your own way of life on me? It is the lebanese law that defines what is decent and what is not, im not forcing anything on you. If this ad is considered indecent it should be removed from all over lebanon, not only from tripoli, because one ugly sheikh doesnt want his wives to be turned on by a pic of a hot dude on the beach

And why would you still come to jounieh if the christians way of life offends you? Walla it offends you in tripoli only?

So there is an disagreement about the whole thing maybe what is best is not having these ads at all and make everybody happy! :)

I hope you see the dilemma here.. we both can claim a lifestyle is being enforced on us so how do we solve the problem here!?
    And bring me that Lebanese law which defines what is decent and what is not so we can debate it!

And where did I ever say that Christians way of life offends me? And obviously If I'm from Tripoli I have no choice but go through Jouniyeh :D
    Simply not our business what they choose to do over there

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Words like Allah Akbar w hal islamic verses is not an insult for those who are not muslims in the city? Man we have been in the city since my great great grandad. Some are imposing their views on us and this is not right. Assad or no Assad the issue is with some people in this city.

If you think Allahu Akbar is an insult then you are the one having issue!

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    So there is an disagreement about the whole thing maybe what is best is not having these ads at all and make everybody happy! :)
    So every time there is disagrement about something you just dont do it even if it makes sense ?? so any side just shows discontent about anything and the solution will be to just not do it?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    So every time there is disagrement about something you just dont do it even if it makes sense ?? so any side just shows discontent about anything and the solution will be to just not do it?
    Depends what we are talking about here... an ad like the ones taken down do not hurt anybody to be removed if some people felt offended by them!

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

What makes me an extremist?

And whenever you feel cornered you start with insults is this how your parents taught you to talk to other people with different opinion?
    You are trying to impose your views on me in the city of my great grandfather. I refuse your way of life. Respect me and I will respect you. I didn't insult you. I said that our army are just waiting for the extremists.

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Depends what we are talking about here... an ad like the ones taken down do not hurt anybody to be removed if some people felt offended by them!
    then we have opened the door on depends if it hurt anybody or not ...what next ??
    and since you brought it up, yes it hurts the city of tripolis , investors will just feel weiry now, because they may spend money on advertisement ; money which goes to the municipality of tripolis only to find that the great scientist commity called hay2at 2al3oulama2 may not find it pleasing

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    You are trying to impose your views on me in the city of my great grandfather. I refuse your way of life. Respect me and I will respect you. I didn't insult you. I said that our army are just waiting for the extremists.

Well we can say the same that you re trying to impose a foreign way of life on us imported from different culture to ours!

What do you think your great grandfather would say about such ad?

and yes you are insulting when you call others names among other things try to be calm we are just debating the issue..

then we have opened the door on depends if it hurt anybody or not ...what next ??
    and since you brought it up, yes it hurts the city of tripolis , investors will just feel weiry now, because they may spend money on advertisement ; money which goes to the municipality of tripolis only to find that the great scientist commity called hay2at 2al3oulama2 may not find it pleasing
    The investors can always try to make decent advertisements ye3ni it cant be without a half naked man or half naked women to make advertisements
    now days?

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    The investors can always try to make decent advertisements ye3ni it cant be without a half naked man or half naked women to make advertisements
    now days?
    Doesnt matter, investors wont take that chance anymore, with millions of dollars on the line they rather invest somewhere else

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Well we can say the same that you re trying to impose a foreign way of life on us imported from different culture to ours!

What do you think your great grandfather would say about such ad?

and yes you are insulting when you call others names among other things try to be calm we are just debating the issue..

now days?
    Different culture to ours? What is your culture exactly?
    Second I didn't import anything. I am more Lebanese than you ever will be. Stop being a hypocrite. Those who talk about foreign way of life are mostly living outside the country. You have muslims in Australia talking about Jihad against Assad and they live here and were born here. Get a life ba2a!! When will you guys grow up and learn?

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    yesterday you were offended by a couple kissing, today by almost kissing, tomorrow by holding hands, the next by showing a woman's hair, then by a woman's lips... in one week tripoli will become worse than qandahar. but i know you won't care, because we all know you live in Europe and not in Tripoli

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

First, there are laws that protect people from slipping into things that are considered immoral. In lebanon, you can get arrested for making out in a car, because this is a public space, not a private one... you can also et arrested for a number of things many would find normal... so there is a law. Posters of people almost kissing is NOT something deemed illegal or immoral in our lebanese law... you saying it is because you have a different understanding or religion does not make it ok for you to force removing Ok ads from the streets.

And as for your "we are forcing our modern and open minded ways on everybody", it's the complete opposite... you are free to look at said ads or not, free to buy Coca-Cola or not, free to go to the coke company and complain that this ad does not fit your religious views... free to go on the internet and watch whatever it is that tickles your toes... we aren't forcing you to do anything! We certainlynot forcing religious Muslim girls to remove the veil, or abaya, we are not telling you you can't put the speakers on very loud during easter while ringing them bells or praying at the mosque or church... we accept who you are and you are free to live your life as you see fit, but so are we, and everybody else. You start slipping down the path of "this leads to something worse" is very dangerous... you can ban music as it may lead to dancing and that may lead to something worse, you can ban smoking as this will lead to drugs, etc...

anyhow my point is made, you either get it or you don't, and in both cases you will never concede so I have no illusions... enjoy your backward closed lifestyle but stay away from trying to make it so for everyone- pretty please :)