"indecent" Coca Cola Billboards Removed in Tripoli

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

sa7ellalla?

sa7ellalla walla mesh sa7ellalla?
Lah you didn't get it, this is all ok as it was done in private, il mouhem not to almost be kissing as this will lead to dancing, and you know what that will lead to..............!

• Advertisement
  • O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    Doesnt matter, investors wont take that chance anymore, with millions of dollars on the line they rather invest somewhere else
    This is not how these multi million corporations works they wont be upset over removing an advertisement..

I wish it was so easy to get rid of such evil corps but it is not!

Different culture to ours? What is your culture exactly?
    Second I didn't import anything. I am more Lebanese than you ever will be. Stop being a hypocrite. Those who talk about foreign way of life are mostly living outside the country. You have muslims in Australia talking about Jihad against Assad and they live here and were born here. Get a life ba2a!! When will you guys grow up and learn?
    Do you think the "Lebanese culture" is to wear seriously tight ass jeans and having sexual advertisements all over the streets?

If you are so much Lebanese of yourself tell me what is the Lebanese culture!

yesterday you were offended by a couple kissing, today by almost kissing, tomorrow by holding hands, the next by showing a woman's hair, then by a woman's lips... in one week tripoli will become worse than qandahar. but i know you won't care, because we all know you live in Europe and not in Tripoli
    Qandahar? One of the greatest city in the world :D

First, there are laws that protect people from slipping into things that are considered immoral. In lebanon, you can get arrested for making out in a car, because this is a public space, not a private one... you can also et arrested for a number of things many would find normal... so there is a law. Posters of people almost kissing is NOT something deemed illegal or immoral in our lebanese law... you saying it is because you have a different understanding or religion does not make it ok for you to force removing Ok ads from the streets.

And as for your "we are forcing our modern and open minded ways on everybody", it's the complete opposite... you are free to look at said ads or not, free to buy Coca-Cola or not, free to go to the coke company and complain that this ad does not fit your religious views... free to go on the internet and watch whatever it is that tickles your toes... we aren't forcing you to do anything! We certainlynot forcing religious Muslim girls to remove the veil, or abaya, we are not telling you you can't put the speakers on very loud during easter while ringing them bells or praying at the mosque or church... we accept who you are and you are free to live your life as you see fit, but so are we, and everybody else. You start slipping down the path of "this leads to something worse" is very dangerous... you can ban music as it may lead to dancing and that may lead to something worse, you can ban smoking as this will lead to drugs, etc...

anyhow my point is made, you either get it or you don't, and in both cases you will never concede so I have no illusions... enjoy your backward closed lifestyle but stay away from trying to make it so for everyone- pretty please :)

Well here you go then there isn't a law which says we are not allowed to remove an advertisement from our streets!

And how am I free to look the other way when everywhere I look there would be a freaking advertisement in front of me!
    These shitty advertisements are eating our streets add to it some dudes have printed profile pictures of themselves all over the walls ye3ni shi bi aref sara7a!

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

This is not how these multi million corporations works they wont be upset over removing an advertisement..

I wish it was so easy to get rid of such evil corps but it is not!

Do you think the "Lebanese culture" is to wear seriously tight ass jeans and having sexual advertisements all over the streets?

If you are so much Lebanese of yourself tell me what is the Lebanese culture!

Qandahar? One of the greatest city in the world :D

Well here you go then there isn't a law which says we are not allowed to remove an advertisement from our streets!

And how am I free to look the other way when everywhere I look there would be a freaking advertisement in front of me!
    These shitty advertisements are eating our streets add to it some dudes have printed profile pictures of themselves all over the walls ye3ni shi bi aref sara7a!
    la2 ana li 3ambes2al what is the lebanese culture?

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

That culture is fading away.. what is left of the "Lebanese culture" is not much..
    you need to be more open minded. You live outside the country. You don't need to think like these islamists in those places. :) There is alot of lebanese culture still left just not in Bab El Tebbaneh as they are too busy killing Alawites.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    you need to be more open minded. You live outside the country. You don't need to think like these islamists in those places. :) There is alot of lebanese culture still left just not in Bab El Tebbaneh as they are too busy killing Alawites.
    lot still lot left and lots more faded away .. which means a fading culture...

L

Libanes

Im from bab el tebeni and live in a tent next to our beloved nahr abu ali mbasat heyk? :D

Let me be direct with you.. Tripoli wont ever prosper or see peace as long the Assad regime is still being empowered by foreign powers!

As for the voters go tell them that.. don't tell me that shit.. I don't even believe in these stupid elections to begin with!

As for the army they are ready when the opponent is weak but if the opponent was strong enough they wouldn't dare!
    What does Assad have to do with Tripoli becoming an Islamic State with bearded cavemen running around? Assad isn't any more empowered by foreign power than the Saudi petrodollars that finance terrorism, literally from 9/11 to Syria today. Tripoli is an Islamic Caliphate and if Lebanon is to prosper, we need to eliminate this modern phenomena of Islamism. And this is coming from someone who is Muslim. These cavemen have literally hijacked local culture - our traditions, our history, they're a disgrace to our past.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    What does Assad have to do with Tripoli becoming an Islamic State with bearded cavemen running around? Assad isn't any more empowered by foreign power than the Saudi petrodollars that finance terrorism, literally from 9/11 to Syria today. Tripoli is an Islamic Caliphate and if Lebanon is to prosper, we need to eliminate this modern phenomena of Islamism. And this is coming from someone who is Muslim. These cavemen have literally hijacked local culture - our traditions, our history, they're a disgrace to our past.
    Shu fahamak enta.. b hal osas.. The assad family always knew the importance of Tripoli and the city striving and becoming strong is simply a threat to their savage rule!

and if Tripoli is heading to an true and real Islamic State then we are all for it!
    Now if you like to make an enemy of every man with beard be my guess that will just make more of us being bearded men ya Mr. abu djaje mantoufi

ye3ni the only extremists are the ilk of you who see in a beard as threat to them how stupid are you people_?

And go ahead tell me what is our traditions and history? Is it to be half naked and having pictures of women or men advertising for some BS among other stupid shit?

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    @Rachel Corrie tfarraj 3al ta3eyoush w 3adam el ta2ifieh b hal thread

akh ya khwasre ??
    How is not wanting a half naked women ads in your city, sectarian hatred ? :)

heyt ya aflaton zamenak faserli yaha haydi

Last edited:
    Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    @Rachel Corrie tfarraj 3al ta3eyoush w 3adam el ta2ifieh b hal thread

akh ya khwasre ??
    Ma tokholto sha3ban bi Ramadan ya me7telen. Many people have the belief that coca cola sponsors Israehell with money. And part of BDS, they boycott the coke products. This has got nothing to do with ta3ayosh.