• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Iranian passenger plane forced to change course as US fighter jets approached causing panic and injuries

Iranian Passenger Jet incident causing panic and passengers injuries

• Any country is allowed to do it under the same circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Viral

Iranian passenger plane forced to change course as US fighter jets approached – report
Iran promises political response after several passengers were reportedly injured when Mahan Air plane quickly changed altitude

1595622345959.png
The Mahan Air plane landed in Beirut after encountering US fighter jets over Syria. Some passengers suffered minor injuries. Photograph: Wolfgang Rattay/Reuters

Two US fighter jets came close to an Iranian passenger plane over Syrian airspace, causing the pilot to change altitude quickly to avoid collision and injuring several passengers, Iran’s official IRIB news agency reported.
The agency initially said a single Israeli jet had come near the plane but later quoted the pilot as saying there were two jets that identified themselves as American.
In response, US Central Command said a single F-15 had made a visual inspection of the Iranian airliner “in accordance with international standards” to ensure the safety of coalition personnel at the military base in Al Tanf.
IRIB reported the pilot of the passenger plane contacted the jet pilots to warn them to keep a safe distance and they identified themselves as American. Video posted by the agency showed a single jet from the window of the plane and comments from a passenger who had blood on his face.

US Central Command said the US F-15 was on a routine mission in Syria and conducted “a standard visual inspection of a Mahan Air passenger airliner at a safe distance of approximately 1,000 metres”.
“Once the F-15 pilot identified the aircraft as a Mahan Air passenger plane, the F-15 safely opened distance from the aircraft.”
The Iranian Mahan Air plane was heading from Tehran to Beirut and landed safely in Beirut, an airport source told Reuters.

An Israeli military spokesman had no immediate comment and there was no immediate comment from the US military.
The incident is being investigated and Iran foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said the necessary legal and political action would be taken, according to the foreign ministry website.
Israel and the US have long accused Mahan Air of ferrying weapons for Iranian-linked guerrillas in Syria and elsewhere.
The United States imposed sanctions on Mahan Air in 2011, saying it provided financial and other support to Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards.

Tensions have spiked between Tehran and Washington since 2018, when President Donald Trump withdrew from Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with six powers and reimposed sanctions that have battered Iran’s economy.
One passenger quoted in the IRIB report described how his head had hit the roof of the plane during the change in altitude and video showed an elderly passenger sprawled on the floor.
All of the passengers left the plane, some with minor injuries, the head of the Beirut airport told Reuters.
The plane arrived back in Tehran in the early hours of Friday morning, the Fars news agency reported.

Viral

Apparently the pilot abrupt action to disconnect the autopilot and manually climb then descend later was following procedure when TCAS (Traffic collision avoidance system) was activated to avoid midair collision. The activation is decided by computers on board both airplanes talking to each other and sending aural commands to both pilots to manually climb/descend until clear of conflict. That means the threat for a midair collision was real and at least one of the airplanes was in violation. I wonder which one it was..

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

Iranian passenger plane forced to change course as US fighter jets approached – report
Iran promises political response after several passengers were reportedly injured when Mahan Air plane quickly changed altitude

View attachment 20122
The Mahan Air plane landed in Beirut after encountering US fighter jets over Syria. Some passengers suffered minor injuries. Photograph: Wolfgang Rattay/Reuters

Two US fighter jets came close to an Iranian passenger plane over Syrian airspace, causing the pilot to change altitude quickly to avoid collision and injuring several passengers, Iran’s official IRIB news agency reported.
The agency initially said a single Israeli jet had come near the plane but later quoted the pilot as saying there were two jets that identified themselves as American.
In response, US Central Command said a single F-15 had made a visual inspection of the Iranian airliner “in accordance with international standards” to ensure the safety of coalition personnel at the military base in Al Tanf.
IRIB reported the pilot of the passenger plane contacted the jet pilots to warn them to keep a safe distance and they identified themselves as American. Video posted by the agency showed a single jet from the window of the plane and comments from a passenger who had blood on his face.

US Central Command said the US F-15 was on a routine mission in Syria and conducted “a standard visual inspection of a Mahan Air passenger airliner at a safe distance of approximately 1,000 metres”.
“Once the F-15 pilot identified the aircraft as a Mahan Air passenger plane, the F-15 safely opened distance from the aircraft.”
The Iranian Mahan Air plane was heading from Tehran to Beirut and landed safely in Beirut, an airport source told Reuters.

An Israeli military spokesman had no immediate comment and there was no immediate comment from the US military.
The incident is being investigated and Iran foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said the necessary legal and political action would be taken, according to the foreign ministry website.
Israel and the US have long accused Mahan Air of ferrying weapons for Iranian-linked guerrillas in Syria and elsewhere.
The United States imposed sanctions on Mahan Air in 2011, saying it provided financial and other support to Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards.

Tensions have spiked between Tehran and Washington since 2018, when President Donald Trump withdrew from Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with six powers and reimposed sanctions that have battered Iran’s economy.
One passenger quoted in the IRIB report described how his head had hit the roof of the plane during the change in altitude and video showed an elderly passenger sprawled on the floor.
All of the passengers left the plane, some with minor injuries, the head of the Beirut airport told Reuters.
The plane arrived back in Tehran in the early hours of Friday morning, the Fars news agency reported.

" Iranian passenger plane forced to change course as US fighter jets approached " - 1000m nowhere near "close". I had no idea how scared Iranians are there days.

BTW, do not be afraid F-15 that is getting closer to identify you, be afraid of F-15 that fires first and asks questions later.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Apparently the pilot abrupt action to disconnect the autopilot and manually climb then descend later was following procedure when TCAS (Traffic collision avoidance system) was activated to avoid midair collision. The activation is decided by computers on board both airplanes talking to each other and sending aural commands to both pilots to manually climb/descend until clear of conflict. That means the threat for a midair collision was real and at least one of the airplanes was in violation. I wonder which one it was..

"That means the threat for a midair collision was real" - not necessarily. Pilot(s) could've panicked even when auto-pilot wasn't.
"and at least one of the airplanes was in violation. I wonder which one it was " - it could be that neither airplane was in violation.

Genius

Legendary Member

The threat would have been real if both planes were on autopilot and got near others.
I understand the panic by the computer system and captain reza, but the F15s are manually driven and knew how close they were to the plane for inspection. There was no threat, but surely a normal panic. Everyone would be scared.

Viral

" Iranian passenger plane forced to change course as US fighter jets approached " - 1000m nowhere near "close". I had no idea how scared Iranians are there days.

BTW, do not be afraid F-15 that is getting closer to identify you, be afraid of F-15 that fires first and asks questions later.

Or even this: Navy Ship fires at another civilian plane and askes questions later...

Or this one from your archives, Israeli fighter jets bombarding USS Liberty Navy ship for many hours killing 34 US sailors and asking questions later.
But who's counting... Got to do what you got to do. What's 34 dead US sailors and 171 wounded between friends?

Viral

the F15s are manually driven and knew how close they were to the plane for inspection.
I take your word for it and trust my life to it...
Apparently they were inspecting to find out if the passenger plane was loaded with missiles and nuclear war heads ready to fire.:)
Apparently spy satellites can't see close enough to inspect a jumbo jet but they can see me sunbathing in my backyard and read the magazine I'm reading.:cigar:
I think you should take the poll and clarify your argument.

Genius

Legendary Member
I take your word for it and trust my life to it...
Apparently they were inspecting to find out if the passenger plane was loaded with missiles and nuclear war heads ready to fire.:)
Apparently spy satellites can't see close enough to inspect a jumbo jet but they can see me sunbathing in my backyard and read the magazine I'm reading.:cigar:
I think you should take the poll and clarify your argument.

Clarify your BS first.
Satellites inspecting jumbo jets. Aweh

Genius

Legendary Member
Inspecting what? Or for what?
Is that routine practice?

Who knows, we are guessing.
Imho the plane perhaps changed its course slightly and flew closer to a base? or they had intelligence about a possible 9 11 style attack, and they went closer to have a look and possibly intercept it in the air?
Or simply send a message? Someone important was aboard?
Obviously it's not a routine and planes are flying freely, what was particular about this one? We will perhaps never know. Glad all passengers are safe.

Viral

There is an established fact among US fighter pilots going rogue and pulling stunts on their own without being assigned the mission. They end up with a slap on the wrist and a “don’t do it again”. Meanwhile they’re never held responsible for degrading, jeopardizing, injuring or even getting innocent bystanders killed in their own land.

That has been the American standard everywhere they are present abroad (even in Japan) including on the ground where we have seen Humvees in Baghdad smashing civilian cars in their own cities and not looking behind.

Exposing the intentional shooting of known reports in Iraq cost Julian Assange his livelihood…

This reckless culture that has been coved up and allowed to develop in mercenaries and military personnel in lawless areas of the world is now coming home to roost in the US streets itself. That’s what we are seeing today in the destructive riots in America’s streets.

I believe we have thread somewhere here about the subject.😉

Genius

Legendary Member
There is an established fact among US fighter pilots going rogue and pulling stunts on their own without being assigned the mission. They end up with a slap on the wrist and a “don’t do it again”. Meanwhile they’re never held responsible for degrading, jeopardizing, injuring or even getting innocent bystanders killed in their own land.

That has been the American standard everywhere they are present abroad (even in Japan) including on the ground where we have seen Humvees in Baghdad smashing civilian cars in their own cities and not looking behind.

Exposing the intentional shooting of known reports in Iraq cost Julian Assange his livelihood…

This reckless culture that has been coved up and allowed to develop in mercenaries and military personnel in lawless areas of the world is now coming home to roost in the US streets itself. That’s what we are seeing today in the destructive riots in America’s streets.

I believe we have thread somewhere here about the subject.😉

Then go exhilirate reading it.

Rogue soldiers and some practices exist in every army, even among priests. To make it an American practice is non sense.