Iranian Support for Lebanese Army

If Iran offers Lebanon a good air defense system or advanced weapons, should Lebanon accept?

• Total voters
S

Saj

Yesterday in his speech SHN referenced that he was willing to request from the Iranians an air defense system for the LAF. We already know that this idea, if true, is dead before it started, because our pro-US/Saudi politicians will not let it happen. Meanwhile, neither the west nor Arabs will provide LAF with a meaningful air defense. But they would likely punish Lebanon if the army agreed to take it from Iran.

My question is: if Iran offers the Lebanese a good air defense support or advanced weapons, should Lebanon take it? Please add poll options of yes or no, and please explain your vote!

• Advertisement
  • light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Defeanatly no. The system will not be in anyway comparable to Russian or any occidental system. We have at least 300 million dollars gift from USA. We will not have enough money to pay in weapons. We are American or NATO weapon buyer as the international map of armement business. Do u see Syria buying American weapons or Israel Russians weapon never. Iran can sell to African countries or rebellions in the world or guerilla like HA but not to official armies. Already, the marche is divided.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Iran already funds a paramilitary Islamic terrorist organization 'Hezbollah' that is more powerful than the army. Supporting the army goes against their plans and interests in Lebanon.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    If it’ll affect our relationship with USA by a margin as low as negative 0.1% then i’d prefer if they keep their air defense system.

After all,
    HA is going to have hard time transporting military supplies through Syria once the russians take over completely.
    I would only assume that the ‘army support’ is nothing but a sham to work around the cut supply lines in Syria legitimately for HA’s benefit.

We don’t need air defense systems as long as HA doesn’t cross the border and randomly kidnaps Israeli soldiers.

S

Saj

Iran already funds a paramilitary Islamic terrorist organization 'Hezbollah' that is more powerful than the army. Supporting the army goes against their plans and interests in Lebanon.
    All well, but I didn’t ask if you think they will support the army. The question in the topic was IF they DID offer an air defense and advanced weaponry to the LAF, would you accept it? And if not, why not?

S

Saj

If it’ll affect our relationship with USA by a margin as low as negative 0.1% then i’d prefer if they keep their air defense system.

After all,
    HA is going to have hard time transporting military supplies through Syria once the russians take over completely.
    I would only assume that the ‘army support’ is nothing but a sham to work around the cut supply lines in Syria legitimately for HA’s benefit.

We don’t need air defense systems as long as HA doesn’t cross the border and randomly kidnaps Israeli soldiers.
    If I can respectfully disagree, what value is the US relationship if it’s based on blackmail? They don’t want a strong Lebanon, they want a Lebanon just content enough to not turn to US foes for weapons. Otherwise the US would offer us an air defense. Do you want a Lebanon just happy enough not to ask for more advanced weapons? Is that support for the army?

I say whoever gives Lebanon an air defense or advanced weapons - US, Saudi, Turkey, Iran, France, whoever - we should take it. Any other position doesn’t sound like a pro-army position to me.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    If I can respectfully disagree, what value is the US relationship if it’s based on blackmail? They don’t want a strong Lebanon, they want a Lebanon just content enough to not turn to US foes for weapons. Otherwise the US would offer us an air defense. Do you want a Lebanon just happy enough not to ask for more advanced weapons? Is that support for the army?

I say whoever gives Lebanon an air defense or advanced weapons - US, Saudi, Turkey, Iran, France, whoever - we should take it. Any other position doesn’t sound like a pro-army position to me.
    I support US strategy in supporting the Lebanese army with the aim empowering its role facing HA when/if we ever get to that point.

Air defenses (at the moment) will only empower HA and not Lebanon, and will make Lebanese army positions as primary targets in future conflicts.
    (see army radar stations in 2006)

Air defenses will not be used, except against Israel(ie HA enemies) following HA agressions against Israel.
    Israelis will not bomb the shit out of us if HA doesn’t give them a reason to do so.

Hence, we don’t need air defense systems, but Hizballa does.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Lets ask our self first why do we need whatever equipment we get from them before answering this question.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Will the Iranian air defense system be as effective as it was in Syria?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    I with getting weapons to the Lebanese army from any side willing to help. However i prefer to start with cost efficient weapons and artillery before moving to air defense and things like that.

Le منشار

Le منشار

I with getting weapons to the Lebanese army from any side willing to help. However i prefer to start with cost efficient weapons and artillery before moving to air defense and things like that.
    حزب الله يتصرّف في وضعية العالق في زمن ما قبل 2011 ولا يريد أن يقبل الواقع الموجود حاليا
    أذا لاحظت فأن التكتيك المتبعّ لدى القوات الجوية الأسرائيلية فوق سوريا يختلف عن التكتيك
    الذي كان متّبعّا فوق لبنان. ففي سوريا يضرب الطيران الأسرائيلي الأهداف العسكرية فقط
    وهو يتفادى ضرب أهداف مدنية. أما في لبنان فكان يضرب الأهداف العسكرية والمدنية معا

هذا التكتيك طبعا هو نتيجة أستغلال أسرائيل الفعّال والناجح للأزمة الواقعة بين السعودية وأيران
    محاولتا أستعطاف الشعب السوري من خلال عدم التعرض له في الغارات العسكرية وأظهار أيران ألتي أستعملت أسلحتها ضد الشعب السوري
    بمظهر الخطر الحقيقي على العرب. بينما هي تعمل على تسويق نفسها كحليف للدول العربية

ولبنان طبعا هو أحدى هذه الدول العربية. أسرائيل تهيء الأجواء السياسية في المنطقة لتصبح ضمن نسيج دول الشرق الأوسط وتشرّع نفسها في الدول العربية
    وهذا ما سيكون لبنان أمامه في المرحلة القادمة. وعليه أن يختار. خاصة أن لبنان يفتقد الى مقوّمات دولة مستقلّة ومتمكنة من الناحية الأقتصادية وذلك نتيجة الحرب الأهلية وما تلاها من فشل الدولة في أعادة بناء مؤسساتها وأقتصاد قوي بشكل يجعلها قادرة على مواجهة أي سياسة عدوانية ضدّها من الخارج

لذلك المشكلة ليست نوعية السلاح بل المشكلة سياسية بأمتياز. هل لبنان مستعد كمجتمع متماسك وقوى سياسية, لخوض حرب ضد أسرائيل مع حزب ألله؟
    خاصة أن أسرائيل تعرف كل شيء عن أسلحة الجيش أللبناني وكمّيته لأن الدول التي فرضت أسرائيل بالقوة كدوّلة في المنطقة العربية. هي نفسها التي تسلّح الجيش اللبناني
    وهذه حقيقة

ولو أفترضنا أن كل لبنان يريد أن يواجه الحرب مع حزب الله ضد أسرائيل فهل قوة الجيش اللبناني تكون بنوعية الأسلحة التي لدى أسرائيل العلم المسبق بها
    أم تكون بخطط وتكتيكات حربية لا يعرف الأسرائيليون عنها شيء؟

Last edited:
    LVV

LVV

We don’t need Weapons from terrorists Iran
    Only from Crusader USA led by the Crusader in Chief

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    LOL

Let Iran protect its troops in Syria who are getting swatted like flies every week before they send us their superb technology.