Iraq IRGC commander Qassem Sulaimani and PMF's deputy leader Muhandis killed in US drone attack in Baghdad

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Even if it is true and even if goal is to push Trump into war with Iran the war will not start until after November.
    Imagine that next day after elections IRG and basij installations are bombed to smithereens - this is what the likes of you will achieve with your silly posts.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Even if it is true and even if goal is to push Trump into war with Iran the war will not start until after November.
    Imagine that next day after elections IRG and basij installations are bombed to smithereens - this is what the likes of you will achieve with your silly posts.
    I'm not the creator of that page/post. Its relevant to this forum thread. So I shared it here. You sound unsettled. What's wrong?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Iran offered 80k $ compensation per victim to the families

Hilarious
    Are human beings that cheap in Iran ?

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Iran offered 80k $ compensation per victim to the families

Hilarious
    Are human beings that cheap in Iran ?
    First of all, no amount of money can worth the life of a human being. So whether its 80,000 or 8 million dollars or billions, those sums aren't enough to compensate for the loss of a human being.

You should review the International Civil Aviation Organization rules and the standards set by international conventions on airlines and compensating crash victims. Then find out why Iran is offering this particular figure. Compare the compensation package families of other crash accidents received.

Not everything should be politicized. Try to think and research before farting from your mind.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    First of all, no amount of money can worth the life of a human being. So whether its 80,000 or 8 million dollars or billions, those sums aren't enough to compensate for the loss of a human being.

You should review the International Civil Aviation Organization rules and the standards set by international conventions on airlines and compensating crash victims. Then find out why Iran is offering this particular figure. Compare the compensation package families of other crash accidents received.

Not everything should be politicized. Try to think and research before farting from your mind.
    Literally the first link i found

Let murderous Iran compensate the victims properly
    If i sue McDonald's for a hair in my plate i'll get more than what they're offering
    Disgraceful

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    irrelevant
    You're stupid, then. How can you say it is irrelevant? A country did not ratify a convention that set certain rules. There are war criminals like Bush that can't be tried in The Hague for war crimes in Iraq because his country (the US) did not ratify the Rome Statue which established the ICC. Iran accepted the Warsaw Convention which sets compensation at around 75,000 USD. They're offering 80,000. It isn't what you feel is right that is right. There are rules and regulations. Your opinion is therefore not only irrelevant, but time wasting and silly.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    You're stupid, then. How can you say it is irrelevant? A country did not ratify a convention that set certain rules. There are war criminals like Bush that can't be tried in The Hague for war crimes in Iraq because his country (the US) did not ratify the Rome Statue which established the ICC. Iran accepted the Warsaw Convention which sets compensation at around 75,000 USD. They're offering 80,000. It isn't what you feel is right that is right. There are rules and regulations. Your opinion is therefore not only irrelevant, but time wasting and silly.
    except that was no ordinary plane crash
    This was mass murder committed by a government.
    80k won't cut it.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

"no amount of money can worth the life of a human being" - this is demagogic statement.

We are not selling human lives here, we are talking about just compensation for a loss.

Compensation,
    which is not for emotional loss that is impossible to restore,
    but compensation
    which is for practical loss that would help sustain grieving family for reasonable period of time.

Example:
    If family loses a bread winner who is also a husband, father.
    Husband and father cannot be returned.
    However, breadwinner can be.
    Family will be grieving still, but family will not be grieving in poverty.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    "no amount of money can worth the life of a human being" - this is demagogic statement.

We are not selling human lives here, we are talking about just compensation for a loss.

Compensation,
    which is not for emotional loss that is impossible to restore,
    but compensation
    which is for practical loss that would help sustain grieving family for reasonable period of time.

Example:
    If family loses a bread winner who is also a husband, father.
    Husband and father cannot be returned.
    However, breadwinner can be.
    Family will be grieving still, but family will not be grieving in poverty.
    I was referring to pur friend's statement in which he was pricing the lives of people.

I am not arguing against people receiving just compensation. And I agree families should not grieve in poverty. However, there are mechanisms in place to estimate and reach what is just compensation. We should also not forget that had Iran offered the highest compensation ever to families, there are some people who would still complain and criticize the offer.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I was referring to pur friend's statement in which he was pricing the lives of people.

I am not arguing against people receiving just compensation. And I agree families should not grieve in poverty. However, there are mechanisms in place to estimate and reach what is just compensation. We should also not forget that had Iran offered the highest compensation ever to families, there are some people who would still complain and criticize the offer.
    "here are mechanisms in place to estimate and reach what is just compensation" - yes, and these mechanism are always based on current loss of income multiplied on number of years such income is to be expected under normal conditions.

For example if current net-income of deceased was $50K in a year and deceased was 40 year old at the time of death and life expectancy is 90 years, then you can pretty much imagine that just compensation should be in the neighborhood of $2.5M.

Above of course would vary from country to country - poorer countries and richer countries, but you get the gist.

It is if only to compensate for loss of bread-winners.
    You can also add to it punitive damages and here, as they say, the sky is the limit.

Anyway, such things eventually would be decided in court.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    metel al bsaynat
    like any otehr muslim nation
    they will bark loud . than turn and deals with usa