• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is a war between Turkey and France imminent ? And will Lebanon be the military base of French troops ?

J

Jesus-is-the-Lord

Is a war between Turkey and France imminent ? And will Lebanon be the military base of French troops ?

• Advertisement
  • opium

opium

As if Lebanon needed a new axes.... Iran and Syria and Russia against USA and the gulf countries, now France against Turkey and let's not forget about Israel.
    How can we deal with this salad?
    OK we are a country who calls for coexistence, but this is too much....
    I hate all of them..... I still didn't forget when Jacques Chirac was defending the Syrian occupation when he visited USJ.
    As for Turkey tfouuu, pitty on us if we accept them.
    I feel we are making the same mistake again and inviting every country to mediate in our affairs.
    OH I forgot also going east with China lol.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    No, I don't think there is war now. Both countries are not ready. Especially with Russia still not committed with the EU.

However, we may see skirmishes between Turkey & Greece (with Greece heavily backed by the French & Egyptians)

Lets not forget that France is a nuclear power, a war between the 2 will not really be fair for the Turks.

R

Ralph N

No, I don't think there is war now. Both countries are not ready. Especially with Russia still not committed with the EU.

However, we may see skirmishes between Turkey & Greece (with Greece heavily backed by the French & Egyptians)

Lets not forget that France is a nuclear power, a war between the 2 will not really be fair for the Turks.
    It wasnt fair when turkey made Armenian Genocide and took all the byzantian and Christian areas by swords since 700.s A.D.

Weezy

Weezy

i don’t think the French are crazy enough to nuke Istanbul. Israel didn’t nuke us yet.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    i don’t think the French are crazy enough to nuke Istanbul. Israel didn’t nuke us yet.
    We are not Turkey.

And the French are not Israel. In my opinion, the French are more ruthless than the Israelis. History says so.

Weezy

Weezy

We are not Turkey.

And the French are not Israel. In my opinion, the French are more ruthless than the Israelis. History says so.
    i still don’t think a skirmish in the Mediterranean will lead to a nuclear war. The world survived the Cold War without one.

Youre over simplifying this matter, in my opinion.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    i still don’t think a skirmish in the Mediterranean will lead to a nuclear war. The world survived the Cold War without one.

Youre over simplifying this matter, in my opinion.
    In terms of war? Actually I am not.

I do not think a war will erupt between Turkey & France directly.

But if it does & France finds itself losing, don't you think that they will nuke the hell out of Turkey?

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    war? diplomatic war yes; military war between the two? not possible, they are both part of NATO, one has to quit nato first

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    There are no wars. Just muscle flexing.

Iran and US have been playing this game for decades, and hardly fired a bullet.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
    Staff member
    In terms of war? Actually I am not.

I do not think a war will erupt between Turkey & France directly.

But if it does & France finds itself losing, don't you think that they will nuke the hell out of Turkey?
    This is not a French war for nukes to be used by the French for an ally.
    The real power that they hold now is their VETO power in the security council and that will be used without hesitation.

BTW there is no news in french media about this escalation...

Last edited:
    J

Jesus-is-the-Lord

There are no wars. Just muscle flexing.

Iran and US have been playing this game for decades, and hardly fired a bullet.
    US killed Soleimani. That is more than a bullet. They overthrew the corrupt Iraqi government and replaced it with a US-backed Al Kathimi . And they are doing absolutely the same thing in Lebanon.
    No one will strike Iran, that is for sure. They are betting on a coup-d'état that will overthrow the nefarious religious regime there.

US main threat is China not Iran. Hence, the Americans have a vested interest in keeping Iran intact, military wise. And when the fruit is ripe, they overthrow the religious regime and replace it with a secular one.

J

Jesus-is-the-Lord

The real power that they hold now is their VETO power in the security council and that will be used without hesitation.

I agree it is not a war for nukes, but for oil.

The job that the winners of WWI started to undergo in the 1920, is not finished yet, simply because Atatürk prevented them to do so. That is, the decimation of the Ottoman empire. The French and the British had their shares of nations, under what is known as the Sykes-Picot repartition. Russia was absent because of the Bolchevik revolution.

Now Russia wants its share,

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    US killed Soleimani. That is more than a bullet. They overthrew the corrupt Iraqi government and replaced it with a US-backed Al Kathimi . And they are doing absolutely the same thing in Lebanon.
    No one will strike Iran, that is for sure. They are betting on a coup-d'état that will overthrow the nefarious religious regime there.

US main threat is China not Iran. Hence, the Americans have a vested interest in keeping Iran intact, military wise. And when the fruit is ripe, they overthrow the religious regime and replace it with a secular one.
    Iran's mullahs are the US and israel best interest.

Count the amount of weapons sold to the arabs and kurds as a consequence of the threat iran constantly poses, and instead of being an ally to these countries, israel was chosen instead as a partner.

Not mentioning the consequence of keeping the region in a constant war zone, being divided and easy to maneuver.

It's all a game of interests, and iran never won in history. Always the first one to fall.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin

There are a lot of reports about it on LCI and Valeur Actuelles

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
    Staff member
    There are a lot of reports about it on LCI and Valeur Actuelles
    Yes and some on France 24 online but im talking on le 20h of France 2 or BFM or TF1 ... its just some small passing news "no big deal" for now. Either it is hard to know what is happening or they are giving it the Mali treatment

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin