Is apartheid ever justified?

• Advertisement
  • !Aoune32

!Aoune32

It has been 25 years since the end of the apartheid in South Africa, and nothing much has changed.
    The country is still marred by murder, rape, and armed robbery. There's a reason the country was dubbed the "Rape capital of the world".

And let's not kid ourselves. We know blacks are committing the majority of crime and violence.

It makes you wonder: Where white South Africans justified in distancing themselves from the black population?
    I have a South African friend at work who is black. He said that what is happening in South Africa now is a shame. It has become the crime capital of the world and mostly all blacks are committing the crimes. He held negative views about Mandela and that he didn't bring anything to South Africa, just hype.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You know @Rachel Corrie. The concept of apartheid in itself is not discriminatory.
    It means living separately but equally.

You have to bear in mind that at the time apartheid was proposed, there was a complete mistrust between black and white South Africans.
    Due to this, many leaders of the different groups agreed it was the best way to live.

However, it's the way apartheid was practiced in South Africa that was racist.
    It denied non-whites the same rights as white people.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think we need religious apartheid in Lebanon, given that each Lebanese sect has different loyalties and aspirations.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    You know @Rachel Corrie. The concept of apartheid in itself is not discriminatory.
    It means living separately but equally.

You have to bear in mind that at the time apartheid was proposed, there was a complete mistrust between black and white South Africans.
    Due to this, many leaders of the different groups agreed it was the best way to live.

However, it's the way apartheid was practiced in South Africa that was racist.
    It denied non-whites the same rights as white people.
    You're playing with semantics. The word "gay" used to be mean "a happy person". Today, if you tell some people they're gay, you could get a slap in return. So practice over years influence the meanings of certain terms in linguistics.

If the Whites mistrust the Blacks so much, they have the option of returning to Europe. You go into another man's land as a guest and then impose yourself and then you want to play holier than thou and portray yourself as victim.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I think we need religious apartheid in Lebanon, given that each Lebanese sect has different loyalties and aspirations.
    Lebanon has always been an apartheid state. Posts are allotted based on sectarian affiliations. It has led to a civil war to soften the impact. But in term of form, it is still existing. The only difference between the apartheid in Lebanon and the ones in South Africa and israehell is the fact that in Lebanon the people aren't aliens to the land. The indigenous populations are lording it over themselves.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If the Whites mistrust the Blacks so much, they have the option of returning to Europe. You go into another man's land as a guest and then impose yourself and then you want to play holier than thou and portray yourself as victim.
    Colonialism began in South Africa in 1652.
    The 1900 generation of White South Africans didn't get to choose where to be born. Why they should be blamed for the wrongdoings of their ancestors?

Nigeria are Somalia very dangerous places and they don't have a history of apartheid that they can blame for their current state.
    They both gained independence in 1960.

If violence can be attributed to colonialism/occipation, then Beirut should top the list of most crime-ridden cities but that is not the case.

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Update: Almost got mugged by an African guy while in Florence a few months ago. He tried to approach me with the famous bracelet scam, but when I didn't give in, he suddenly pulled me aside and threatened to beat me with his gang if I didn't give him money. (luckily, I escaped unharmed thanks to my superior Levantine genes)

The peaceful race.
    @Lebmonage

Dynamite Joe

Dynamite Joe

Update: Almost got mugged by an African guy while in Florence a few months ago. He tried to approach me with the famous bracelet scam, but when I didn't give in, he suddenly pulled me aside and threatened to beat me with his gang if I didn't give him money. (luckily, I escaped unharmed thanks to my superior Levantine genes)

The peaceful race.
    @Lebmonage
    If you go to Napoli and are approached by a thief, you can expect your Levantine genes to be humbled. Rather than hollow threats, you'll likely get a knife in your back from a slick Italian. No doubt you'll blame it on their African genes considering their proximity to North Africa.

SAVO

SAVO

aparheid is always done to preserve some sort of economic privilege to a part of people on the other ..
    it have no legal , neither moral or social justification , and every kind of apartheid must be rejected .
    the marxist ideology always opposed every sort of apartheid : in south africa ,and now in palestine .

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    With the financial collapse and starvation that's about to happen in Lebanon, I don't think it's the time to nshouf 7alna. Our country was built by the French, and we won't be able to recover without international help (including from them).