• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is Extreme Right-Wing Terrorism on the Rise?

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
If you are not middle eastern then you have no right to downplay racist events that do not effect you.... even if you were Israeli your middle eastern roots would be called into question if you are not Mizrahi Jew....

Let's make a deal - you'll stop telling me who I am and what I can or cannot do and I will not tell you where you should go.

No that your confusion has been cleared should we continue where we left off:

"Judging by your username you are not a suitable critic ..." - how so?
"you are the epitome of the self hating people that I refer too" - what people would that be?
"you might not even be Lebanese or even Arab" - of course I am not.

PS. I think you fell victim to your own baseless assumptions.

Habibibi

Yes of course. White nationalism, nazism, whatever u want to call it, has the biggest impact on humanity so far. Surely so. I agree with that.

I would add though, that people shouldn't base the general assessment on how an ideology would compare to Hitler and nazism. Otherwise, people would think ur ok with Hindus slaughtering random people in India based on their religion.

Might just be a misunderstanding here. Is that also your point of view?
Yes it is my point of view and I don’t agree with what Hindus in India are doing but based on the history of India I can understand why they have this ideology... it’s a form of self preservation.... they have had Muslim conquests and western colonialism to contend with at different times in history.....they have had their homeland split into 2 countries that are now bitter enemies.... because of Islam.... but this form of nationalism is very localized.... where as white nationalism spans 3 and possibly even 4 continents.......

Habibibi

Let's make a deal - you'll stop telling me who I am and what I can or cannot do and I will not tell you where you should go.

No that your confusion has been cleared should we continue where we left off:

"Judging by your username you are not a suitable critic ..." - how so?
"you are the epitome of the self hating people that I refer too" - what people would that be?
"you might not even be Lebanese or even Arab" - of course I am not.

PS. I think you fell victim to your own baseless assumptions.
No deal.... as a pro Israeli non Israeli non Arab non Lebanese I have to ask what you are even doing here?? Clearly your interests do not align with the ethnic group that frequents this forum.......

NewLeb

It depends on how long back in time you are willing to go.
However, I was referring to contemporary times as was your initial post referring to contemporary "Western/Christian insecurity".

I’ll go back to as long as Muslims were in control of the Holy Land.

In terms of ideas, yes, Christianity and Judaism don’t threaten Islam like Islam does for the former two. Again, this is reflected in how Europe is responding to its increased Muslim presence.

Dubai allows Europeans to sunbathe naked on the beach, but the loser French won’t let women wear a piece of cloth. Now tell me, who’s the more insecure party here?

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Yes it is my point of view and I don’t agree with what Hindus in India are doing but based on the history of India I can understand why they have this ideology... it’s a form of self preservation.... they have had Muslim conquests and western colonialism to contend with at different times in history.....they have had their homeland split into 2 countries that are now bitter enemies.... because of Islam.... but this form of nationalism is very localized.... where as white nationalism spans 3 and possibly even 4 continents.......

Aha ok. Thanks for explaining ur point of view. Well I disagree about the reasoning behind ur argument of understanding right wing extremism in India.

Its not acceptable to me, regardless of the cause. Being against expansionism or whatever, doesn't mean u get to randomly slaughter people, or even to turn into an apologist for such idealogy. So here s where our ways part.

Habibibi

Aha ok. Thanks for explaining ur point of view. Well I disagree about the reasoning behind ur argument of understanding right wing extremism in India.

Its not acceptable to me, regardless of the cause. Being against expansionism or whatever, doesn't mean u get to randomly slaughter people, or even to turn into an apologist for such idealogy. So here s where our ways part.
Our ways don’t part there because I agree with you.... I’m just prioritizing one threat over another.... and I’m sure you can guess which threat is a bigger threat....

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Our ways don’t part there because I agree with you.... I’m just prioritizing one threat over another.... and I’m sure you can guess which threat is a bigger threat....

Hmm, I don't give any kind of racism or extremism the apology or understanding that they are doing that because of x and y... Which u did. Or u didn't? In case u didn't mean it that way, I urge u to rethink the phrasing then, cause that s how i understand your explanation here.

Habibibi

Hmm, I don't give any kind of racism or extremism the apology or understanding that they are doing that because of x and y... Which u did. Or u didn't? In case u didn't mean it that way, I urge u to rethink the phrasing then, cause that s how i understand your explanation here.
Maybe it depends on if your a Christian or a Muslim .... if you are Muslim then I can understand your apprehension.... regardless Muslims have to look into themselves and realize they caused a lot of problems in the Indian sub continent.... but again.... I have to draw attention to the fact that the world doesn’t revolve around the Indian subcontinent.... the world has to answer to western colonialism however .... and the white supremacy that spawns from it

Think of it like this... the coronavirus is white nationalism but the common flu is Hindu nationalism.... which gets the most attention and rightly so ??

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
I’ll go back to as long as Muslims were in control of the Holy Land.

In terms of ideas, yes, Christianity and Judaism don’t threaten Islam like Islam does for the former two. Again, this is reflected in how Europe is responding to its increased Muslim presence.

Dubai allows Europeans to sunbathe naked on the beach, but the loser French won’t let women wear a piece of cloth. Now tell me, who’s the more insecure party here?

"Dubai allows Europeans to sunbathe naked on the beach" - just to Europeans, how about Dubaians?

"the loser French won’t let women wear a piece of cloth. Now tell me, who’s the more insecure party here?" -

I do not know - how many naked Europeans did you see killing people in Dubai and how many Muslims did you see killing people all over the World, not just in France.

I'd say even if French come up as less secure they have very good reason to feel this way.

BTW, if you want to be naked on French beach and have your face covered at the same time I am sure French authorities will not object.

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Maybe it depends on if your a Christian or a Muslim .... if you are Muslim then I can understand your apprehension.... regardless Muslims have to look into themselves and realize they caused a lot of problems in the Indian sub continent.... but again.... I have to draw attention to the fact that the world doesn’t revolve around the Indian subcontinent.... the world has to answer to western colonialism however .... and the white supremacy that spawns from it

First, I would like to add that my religion or lack thereof has nothing to do with my argumentation here.

Second, i agree that from a humanity perspective white nationalism caused the worst pain in general, we agree on that. What I don't agree with u is in this case, that I add the human perspective to it. See, if you are born in India (or China or whatever...) , as a Muslim or persecuted person, your world is as unfair as it is for the victims of other racism/fascism/etc...

From an individual point of view, all racism/radicalism is bad. And I cannot condone it, regardless the causes sparking this behavior. That's why I cannot just play down the consequences of one Form against the other, just because nazism has taken such a big toll on modern humanity in general.

I hope it's clear what I mean.

Of course one Form would personally hit me, since I do live myself in Europe, still, other forms elsewhere are just as bad for the victims there.

Edit: you just patronized victims of racism/radicalism ("should take a look at themselves") . I strongly disagree here. Nazi apologist use that same argument.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I don’t agree: nazism, hitler’s one, is not white supremacy: they killed practically indiscriminately, of all religions, all skin colour and all nationalities. You can call them arien supremacists, if you like... and they were fought by everybody, all colours, all religions and all nationalities, even Germans, and rightly so...

I agree with @proIsrael-nonIsraeli that nationalism in itself is not wrong.
most Lebanese people are white, should we be ashamed? half are Christian and half Muslim, should any group be ashamed? Weird how you want to label people based on the colour of their skin, and then shout racism...

NewLeb

"Dubai allows Europeans to sunbathe naked on the beach" - just to Europeans, how about Dubaians?

Irrelevant. The point was that Dubai and many other Muslim countries have allowed Western products and ideas to flourish in their respective countries (from American cinema to Jewish finance). You can watch all the Steven Spielberg movies that your heart desires while feasting on McDonald’s; but poor Ali can’t pray to his Lord in France because it offends the French and their retarded atheist-state religion.

"the loser French won’t let women wear a piece of cloth. Now tell me, who’s the more insecure party here?" -

I do not know - how many naked Europeans did you see killing people in Dubai and how many Muslims did you see killing people all over the World, not just in France.

Yeah, and the French/West have military bases all over the Muslim world. How many Muslim military bases exist in France?

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
I don’t agree: nazism, hitler’s one, is not white supremacy: they killed practically indiscriminately, of all religions, all skin colour and all nationalities. You can call them arien supremacists, if you like... and they were fought by everybody, all colours, all religions and all nationalities, even Germans, and rightly so...

most Lebanese people are white, should we be ashamed? half are Christian and half Muslim, should any group be ashamed? Weird how you want to label people based on the colour of their skin, and then shout racism...

Hmm. I don't mind calling nazism whatever u like. Does it change anything in this context? Or do you want to differentiate between nazism and white nationalism?

If so, I only know of white supremacist groups who are themselves following the nazi ideology. So maybe I missed some?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hmm. I don't mind calling nazism whatever u like. Does it change anything in this context? Or do you want to differentiate between nazism and white nationalism?

If so, I only know of white supremacist groups who are themselves following the nazi ideology. So maybe I missed some?
Yes, I differentiate. Because the context is that one racist SOB killed 9 innocent people for nothing, and on one hand, no one can justify this by saying it’s because of Islamic terrorism, on the other hand, no one can come tell me because the guy is white it makes it worse, or different...

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
Yes, I differentiate. Because the context is that one racist SOB killed 9 innocent people for nothing, and on one hand, no one can justify this by saying it’s because of Islamic terrorism, on the other hand, no one can come tell me because the guy is white it makes it worse, or different...

I agree with the middle part. I don't see though why this is causing you to differentiate?

Does it make it worse, because the killer is a white supremacist? That's a hard question to answer with a yes or no. Many perspectives to it.

One of them for example, the consequence for the victim or the victims family is of course the same. Dying is dying, suffering is suffering.
On a wider scale of things, knowing the possible reach of such ideology if given the means (see ww2) it makes you be way more careful about these in particular... Do you agree?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I agree with the middle part. I don't see though why this is causing you to differentiate?

Does it make it worse, because the killer is a white supremacist? That's a hard question to answer with a yes or no. Many perspectives to it.

One of them for example, the consequence for the victim or the victims family is of course the same. Dying is dying, suffering is suffering.
On a wider scale of things, knowing the possible reach of such ideology if given the means (see ww2) it makes you be way more careful about these in particular... Do you agree?
It doesn’t make it better or worse, it doesn’t change anything, so what exactly are you asking me to do? Be ashamed of being white because some sick racist is white?

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
It doesn’t make it better or worse, it doesn’t change anything, so what exactly are you asking me to do? Be ashamed of being white because some sick racist is white?

Nope. I don't feel ashamed of anything either, and I am white (or not). That s not my point. I just want to point out to the danger by such ideologies, because the reach they can have is indeed huge (according to history).

It's not about shame or anything. I am just aware of this shit and do not let anyone around me slip, and go unchecked about their racism, without me talking about it or disagreeing publicly. That's all. All racism is bad. Nazism is equally bad and could be way too dangerous, if left unchecked. Ergo, more responsibility to keep it checked. It's not personal.

I don't understand either why this is being discussed in this thread either. So I suggest to drop it.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Nope. I don't feel ashamed of anything either, and I am white (or not). That s not my point. I just want to point out to the danger by such ideologies, because the reach they can have is indeed huge (according to history).

It's not about shame or anything. I am just aware of this shit and do not let anyone around me slip, and go unchecked about their racism, without me talking about it or disagreeing publicly. That's all. All racism is bad. Nazism is equally bad and could be way too dangerous, if left unchecked. Ergo, more responsibility to keep it checked. It's not personal.

I don't understand either why this is being discussed in this thread either. So I suggest to drop it.
The other poster got offended because I disagreed with “99% of right wing extremism is white supremacists”...

agree let’s drop it

Habibibi

Second of all nazism is white supremacy... how the hell can you say otherwise..... they made a whole legal system and way of life based on racial purity.... and committed horrible acts against humanity in the name of racial supremacy....

I don’t know much about you or what others on this forum know about you but so far you you seem to me like someone who is associated with some kind of misinformation campaign based on what your trying to convince us of....

Most Lebanese are not white .... clearly since we were just the target of white supremaocst ideology And that is what this threat is about yet you have the nerve to continue to try to identify Lebanese with white people....even though there are plenty of people here that identify differently.....

Second of all nazism is white supremacy... how the hell can you say otherwise..... they made a whole legal system and way of life based on racial purity.... and committed horrible acts against humanity in the name of racial supremacy....

I don’t know much about you or what others on this forum know about you but so far you you seem to me like someone who is associated with some kind of misinformation campaign based on what your trying to convince us of....

Last edited: