• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Is Extreme Right-Wing Terrorism on the Rise?

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Oh really? Can a Chinese, non-American citizen vote in American elections?

Voting is a political right, not a human right. Of course non-citizens do not receive the same political rights as citizens. It is the same literally everywhere else (except countries where even citizens lack said political rights).

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Exactly, you have to be a legal resident. And to be one, an individual must go through a series of examinations and interviews and so forth in order to be deemed an American citizen.

It’s the same in an Islamic state. Christians and Jews obviously don’t want to be citizens of an Islamic state, as that would make them essentially Muslim. Instead, they have their own religious courts and institutions wherein they manage their affairs.

Like I argued, we really don’t care what you believe in. All that we are ultimately concerned with is you paying your taxes on time. ;)

"Exactly, you have to be a legal resident" - of course you have to be legal resident, is there any other kind.

"to be one, an individual must go through a series of examinations and interviews and so forth" - no, you just have to get legal residency that is all.

"must go through a series of examinations and interviews and so forth in order to be deemed an American citizen" - this part is correct.

"It’s the same in an Islamic state. Christians and Jews obviously don’t want to be citizens of an Islamic state, as that would make them essentially Muslim" - so, the only way one can become citizen of Muslim country is if one would become Muslim and yet you dare to compare/equate.

"Instead, they have their own religious courts and institutions wherein they manage their affairs" - here is another difference, we have one law for all regardless of religion or anything else.

"Like I argued, we really don’t care what you believe in. All that we are ultimately concerned with is you paying your taxes on time. ;)" - Does not add up, if I cannot be citizen without becoming a Muslim, then it is not equality.

Habibibi

you cannot prosecute one crime and ignore another.

Ok you can call it a crime all you want but you just agreed with my point that if illegals try to use the legal system they will get their justice but they will be deported..... citizens don’t have to worry about that so no... illegals in America do not have the same protections as citizens

Habibibi

FYI when arabs go to work in africa they are regarded as “the white man” and live in their own neighborhoods away from the dominant cutural landscape. so when they are intimidated by nationalitic/ethnic african movements because they are seen as colonizers, in which category of yours does it fit?
Not true.... it is true Lebanese are not well liked in African nations but they are not seen as “the white man”.... in fact many African nations had in their constitution that to become a citizen you had to be a person of color.... they did this so white people couldn’t get citizenship and mess stuff up for them once again.... when the Lebanese moved in they had to change the wording from “person of color” to “negroid” specifically because of the Lebanese trying to get citizenship.... they had to do this because legally under colonial rule Lebanese were deemed to be non white people of color....

Habibibi

You're going to have to help me out here because you've derailed a conversation about ethno-nationalist violence into one that effectively conflates race, nationality, and ethnic identity. And you're lecturing people about what race you insist on assigning them, which seems silly given your condemnation of white supremacist violence and the fact that race itself is a social construct created explicitly to reaffirm that hierarchy (which is why it's so hard to define).

Didn't you at some point earlier here want to co-opt the n-word from Black folks who have re-purposed it from something that literally symbolized their ancestors' enslavement and their parents' suffering under Jim Crow laws? And you're out here lecturing people about race?

The folks who you're replying to you largely agreed with you that white nationalist/supremacist violence is bad and is a rising threat and the biggest worldwide threat in the West.

Way more importantly, however, others framed white supremacist violence as bad not because it's a threat to *themselves personally* but a threat to non-white folks everywhere. Your argument seems to be that white nationalist violence is bad because it's a unique threat to *you* and the group you belong to, which is a bit disturbing. And largely based on scoring cheap points in the "what ethnicity are Lebanese people" discourse. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shouldn't one be opposed to right wing violence because it's a systemic threat to vulnerable groups regardless of whether you fall within the group or not? Why do you want everyone to be uniquely opposed to white nationalism ON ACCOUNT OF it being a threat to the race (or ethnicity, or nationality, because, again, you're conflating the concepts) that you want to force them to belong to.

The rhetorical trick you're trying to pull doesn't really advance any point--once again--because you're only apparently condemning what you think of as a threat to yourself and the group that you belong to. Whereas others are condemning it REGARDLESS of the perceived threat to themselves (correct or not). You're quite literally doing the thing you're accusing them of.

Hindu nationalist violence against Muslims that's literally happening at this moment with people being dragged out in the streets and desecration of mosques? To you, apparently, no problem because yadda yadda yadda Pakistan was created and Hindus are right to be mad. Burmese ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslims decimating many of their villages? Also, apparently fine because it's not part of a specific transnational ideology that's a threat to Arabs/Middle Easterners? This dismisses the extent to which these ideologies reinforce one another and the way that their reemergence is related.

Maybe examine who here is engaging in right-wing apologia and blaming the victims. It wasn't the people responding to you. And consider opposing ethno-nationalist violence period, even if not a threat to you, and not attempting to force racial identity on others in the flavor of white supremacy that brought us racial constructs in the first place.

Also, it's "you're." That was me scoring a cheap point.

I will respond to this but because of the length of the post and the length of my answer it is something I can’t do at this very moment

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Ok you can call it a crime all you want but you just agreed with my point that if illegals try to use the legal system they will get their justice but they will be deported..... citizens don’t have to worry about that so no... illegals in America do not have the same protections as citizens

No, you are denying the facts and are trying to tailor the reality to fit your agenda.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Not true.... it is true Lebanese are not well liked in African nations but they are not seen as “the white man”.... in fact many African nations had in their constitution that to become a citizen you had to be a person of color.... they did this so white people couldn’t get citizenship and mess stuff up for them once again.... when the Lebanese moved in they had to change the wording from “person of color” to “negroid” specifically because of the Lebanese trying to get citizenship.... they had to do this because legally under colonial rule Lebanese were deemed to be non white people of color....
i am not dealing with the subject on a constitutional pov, i am asking you from the pov if the nationalistic african average joe, you are seen as someone coming to profit from his resources without fully integrating his culture and values and they will resent you for it.
label this scenario for me and tell in which category does it fall plz

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Thanks for proving my point. ;)
oh that was a point, makes it even sadder :(

They can definitely learn the prerequisites, but they don’t even do that, for obvious reasons. You are a case in point. ;)
you want them to learn the prerequisites of what doesnt exist, oh do tell me more :)

Again, given your vast ignorance on the subject-matter, you continue to prove my point. The Qur’an itself only has a handful of verses that relate to war (probably less than 2 percent), but some losers want to make it seem that that’s all that Islam is about. These people cannot be helped....
who’s talking abt the quran?? the discussion is about the islamic civilization and its philosophers and great thinkers, i wiuld waste so much time debating the quran with u :)

focus and get back to the discussion

[***]

Last edited by a moderator:

NewLeb

Voting is a political right, not a human right. Of course non-citizens do not receive the same political rights as citizens. It is the same literally everywhere else (except countries where even citizens lack said political rights).

Indeed, and Islam is a fusion of the political and celestial.

NewLeb

"It’s the same in an Islamic state. Christians and Jews obviously don’t want to be citizens of an Islamic state, as that would make them essentially Muslim" - so, the only way one can become citizen of Muslim country is if one would become Muslim and yet you dare to compare/equate.

Hell yeah I do. Illegal people and foreigners living in the USA are not citizens of the state. The US is founded upon the American Constitution, and if that document does not represent you, you ain’t American. In the same vein, Jews and Christians don’t want to be represented by the Qur’an, and are thus not citizens of the Islamic state.

"Instead, they have their own religious courts and institutions wherein they manage their affairs" - here is another difference, we have one law for all regardless of religion or anything else.

But like I said above, Islam is not just a religion, but a complete way of life. It’s not a mere spiritual outlet like Christianity. Politics and religion go hand in hand.

"Like I argued, we really don’t care what you believe in. All that we are ultimately concerned with is you paying your taxes on time. ;)" - Does not add up, if I cannot be citizen without becoming a Muslim, then it is not equality.

Then this shows that there is no winning with some people. They call Islam nasty and don’t want to abide by it, but then they whine about not being able to become a Muslim citizen. Which one is it???

NewLeb

oh that was a point, makes it even sadder :(

Tell me about it. :(

you want them to learn the prerequisites of what doesnt exist, oh do tell me more

Balderdash, Islamic philosophy courses exist.

who’s talking abt the quran?? the discussion is about the islamic civilization and its philosophers and great thinkers, i wiuld waste so much time debating the quran with u

I’m sure you would. As for the Qur’an, it is a critical source where Islamic knowledge derives from. When considering it from a quantum perspective; it represents a perfect encapsulation of Divine Oneness. Like everything else, language has a particular vibration to it, and the case is no different with Arabic. German wouldn’t have worked too well. ;)

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Tell me about it. :(
i’m here for you m8, whenever u need help just pm

Balderdash, Islamic philosophy courses exist.
yes and look at all the people they’ve inspired, just as “islamic banking”😂😂😂
bery inspiring am sure

I’m sure you would.
i meant to write i wouldnt, i’d rather have my hand broken, sorry fir the typo

As for the Qur’an, it is a critical source where Islamic knowledge derives from. When considering it from a quantum perspective; it represents a perfect encapsulation of Divine Oneness. Like everything else, language has a particular vibration to it, and the case is no different with Arabic. German wouldn’t have worked too well. ;)
so allah and his texts only vibrate to arabic :O
ya zalameh its amazing how this great creature that has created everything can inly understand arabic, i have goosebumps just talking about it :)

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Of course they don’t, they are IILEGAL!!!! Next you will tell me a thief who is in prison doesn’t have the same rights as a person who didn’t commit a crime... so there is no equality...!
Or better yet, an English person cannot vote in the USA and therefore does not have the same rights as Americans... duh!!

What kind of twisted logic is that?

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Hell yeah I do. Illegal people and foreigners living in the USA are not citizens of the state. The US is founded upon the American Constitution, and if that document does not represent you, you ain’t American. In the same vein, Jews and Christians don’t want to be represented by the Qur’an, and are thus not citizens of the Islamic state.

You are not reading my replies too well.
I said everyone regardless of status (legal/illegal), gender, race, skin color, creed (Muslim or not) has equal rights.
Every one who is eligible can become a citizen regardless of status (legal/illegal), gender, race, skin color, creed (Muslim or not).

But like I said above, Islam is not just a religion, but a complete way of life. It’s not a mere spiritual outlet like Christianity. Politics and religion go hand in hand.

If I cannot be a citizen of Islamic state, while not being a Muslim then we are wasting time even trying to compare your Muslim paradise to US hell.

Then this shows that there is no winning with some people. They call Islam nasty and don’t want to abide by it, but then they whine about not being able to become a Muslim citizen. Which one is it???

So, if Muslim wouldn't be able to become a citizen of secular/Christian/Jewish state, then it's all fine by you, right?

NewLeb

You are not reading my replies too well.
I said everyone regardless of status (legal/illegal), gender, race, skin color, creed (Muslim or not) has equal rights.
Every one who is eligible can become a citizen regardless of status (legal/illegal), gender, race, skin color, creed (Muslim or not).

But the two concepts are not even on the same wavelength, since religion and state in Islam are intertwined.

If I cannot be a citizen of Islamic state, while not being a Muslim then we are wasting time even trying to compare your Muslim paradise to US hell.

It makes no difference in the end. Becoming a “citizen” of an Islamic state is an acknowledgment that you have willed yourself to be governed according to Islamic rules and procedures.

I’d argue that it’s a step up above how it’s done in the US and other modern countries, because if I chose not to be an “American,” (but still have the means to live in the US), then I wouldn’t get arrested and have to pay a hefty fine over smoking some ganja, now would I? No, I’d just be tried by the Rastafarian judicial system. ;)

So, if Muslim wouldn't be able to become a citizen of secular/Christian/Jewish state, then it's all fine by you, right?

Sure.

NewLeb

i’m here for you m8, whenever u need help just pm

yes and look at all the people they’ve inspired, just as “islamic banking”😂😂😂
bery inspiring am sure

i meant to write i wouldnt, i’d rather have my hand broken, sorry fir the typo

so allah and his texts only vibrate to arabic :O
ya zalameh its amazing how this great creature that has created everything can inly understand arabic, i have goosebumps just talking about it :)

I don’t see anything of coherence here worth replying to.